( search forums )
ctf_Cruel ~ reverse ctf
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
February 17, 2006, 9:29 pm
ctf_Cruel

Fourth reverse ctf map. Only one screenshot this time, maybe people will realise that I'm making maps,

not pictures.
Texture made with STS, SK lights used, credits go to someone for jungletree2.1.bmp. Map is a

combination of Lakeside and Ash.

[IMAGE]

~>Download<~

Soulsnipa
February 17, 2006, 9:44 pm
Much better...you are like 80% away from being simple, except the one scenery background i dont like. It needs some more scenery, there just cant be a background of trees with none closer. Very neatly done however. Also there is something missing...otherwise I'm giving this map a point better than ur last. (9.5/10) Very nice improvement.

OutofOrder
February 17, 2006, 11:04 pm
Yes!
If the background was all black, the map would feel like a stretched and bottomless ctf_equinox. And those light beams on the windows are lovely.
The jet fuel seems accurate for the map, and the small map size makes it very appropiate for the reverse ctf mode.

But...
Can't you release your maps waypointed? You complain about people judging only by the looks, but we can't have a basic notion of gameplay just by moving our own soldat and nothing else. Maybe you pretend people to host your map to test it, but that might be too much to ask.

Raptor
February 17, 2006, 11:10 pm
Cool! This is a really nice map. I like it!
But one thing that I don't like about it: The big scenery in the middle. Maybe you can put something else there, but this is just an opinion.

Deleted User
February 17, 2006, 11:39 pm
Whoa. A definite must have. I've figured out how to waypoint reverse-ctf, but I haven't the time presently. I'll try to get to it asap.

EDIT: The flag platforms look rather out of order, I must say. The buildings are astonishing. o:

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 3:38 am
this is by far the simpilest most beautiful map i've seen!
*you just got a freak'in sweet new map*

Keron Cyst
February 18, 2006, 5:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by OutofOrder... Maybe you pretend people to host your map to test it, but that might be too much to ask.

He tests them himself. Last I heard, he frequents #soldat.mapping and has a few testing regulars there.
I'll tackle it later, methinks.

EDIT I didn't really understand the bases' path layout until I viewed it in PW, sceneryless.

EDIT #2 Wow. This map will be virtually impossible to waypoint unless I either
delete the top spawn point so there are only the two at the bottom (please don't ask why), orhave the flag-carrier and assaulters take exclusive paths all the time (as there will obviously be assaulters since there's only one flag to capture). DeMonIc?... :-X

DeMonIc
February 18, 2006, 9:11 am
I don't waypoint maps, because I suck at them, butI plan to learn waypointing.

Keron, the top spawnpoint was made so there's less chance to spawn-harass the enemy team. I'd be gratefull if you'd waypoint it without editing that :o

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 9:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by RaptorCool! This is a really nice map. I like it!
But one thing that I don't like about it: The big scenery in the middle. Maybe you can put something else there, but this is just an opinion.

i 91% agree

John O
February 18, 2006, 7:17 pm
wow! lakeside on crack! looks really cool, tho im not suer about gamelay. the top looks rather bland, but overall cool. ill dl now....

vash763
February 23, 2006, 9:02 am
Looks amazing.

Keron Cyst
February 23, 2006, 11:26 pm
DeMonIc: are you giving the go-ahead to waypoint it in whatever method I want? The thing can only be waypointed correctly in limited ways, being a reversed CTF map.

lithium
February 24, 2006, 6:23 am
My god Demonic, these reverse CTF maps are getting better and better. Looks absolutely amazing and plays very well too.

mipit
March 4, 2006, 3:06 pm
My holy god of many many gods i shall pray for you but intern put scenery object.. oh holy one.

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 4:52 pm
Very nice! I enjoy the colors, and the effort and fun to get to ones flags and stuff. =]
Would be nice if I saw some sunshine, or get rid of the kinda sad/gloomy looks background.