( search forums )
assault
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 1:56 am
I was about to make a suggestion to the "beach game mode" topic but then I noticed that it was closed. Sorry if I'm being annoying but I sort of wanted to start it again.

In the game America's Army most maps are played this way. There is an assault team and a defense team. The assault team's objective is to make it to a certain location on the map. I'm thinking that in Soldat, there can be a system similiar to the labels showing where your teammates are to indicate where the destination is. Perhaps the actual destination will glow the way flags glow. These objcetives (I will refer to this destination as the objective) can be fixed or semi-random. There can even be more than one of them.

The assault team has to make it to the objective before time runs out. The defense team has to hold their positions for however long the time is set for. The time will be set to a challenging level based on the map.

I do notice that this is very similiar to inf_invasion and maps like it. However, this system would be like if everyone on alpha team had a flag and it addresses a key problem.

The main problem with maps like inf_invasion is that Bravo team cannot win. This type of game would be fair (i think). Alpha team would get one point every time they reach the objective. Bravo team would get a point for every round that they defend the objective.

What do you think?

I will now add a sports analogy. Playing this type of game with normal inf rules (like playing on inf_invasion) is like playing (american) football with one team always having the ball and having unlimited downs.

FliesLikeABrick
February 18, 2006, 4:15 pm
In my opinion, this is just too similar to the infiltration game mode... It is unlikely that anyone would want to have two very similar game modes, but I may be wrong

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 5:59 pm
yeah, that is just infiltration with a different name

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 6:09 pm
note the differences though

CrazyKid980
February 18, 2006, 6:14 pm
Have you seen the inflitration map based on D-day? Kinda the same thing, alpha gets the flag at spawn, and goes into bravo's terriory and scores.

We can already do something like this.

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 9:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoesnote the differences though

yeah, i did. its infiltration with a different name.

Raptor
February 19, 2006, 3:55 am
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickIn my opinion, this is just too similar to the infiltration game mode... It is unlikely that anyone would want to have two very similar game modes, but I may be wrong
I've noticed lately that with every new game mode suggestion, everyone says the are similar to INF... but if you think closely, they're not. Every new idea is unique and I like this one.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 1:27 am
Well said. Of course being the topic starter my opinion doesn't really count.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 1:48 am
I see that its similar to INF but I also see the differences. but the difference is not big, and it just dont feel like an exiting gamemode. altho we could trade it out for pointmatch or something ^^

a-4-year-old
February 26, 2006, 2:09 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shoesWell said. Of course being the topic starter my opinion doesn't really count.

your opinion counts if you are cool and/or you agree with everyone else.