( search forums )
ctf_Duke ~ Reverse CTF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
February 18, 2006, 1:27 pm
ctf_Duke

OutofOrder made a nice sketch, and I created Duke. Basically it's one-route only, players can only reach

the top hill if they use a self-injuring boost, or they surf there with spas/minigun right after they spawn.

Thus the battle will be located in the tunnel, and medipacks were placed there accordingly. The

aesthetics aren't great, I know, but the map wasn't meant to be like that. Love STS and SK lights.

[IMAGE]

~>Download<~

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 1:31 pm
looks great but, i see the barretards in action here.. they will stand in the base and shoot whomever comes out of the tunnel.

you better fix the barret problem.

Soulsnipa
February 18, 2006, 1:41 pm
other than making a few points darker...

See here:
[IMAGE]

I think this map LOOKS really good, wouldnt see why a simple design like this wouldnt play well either.

Evolution
February 18, 2006, 1:47 pm
Nice and simple... 4/5

DeMonIc
February 18, 2006, 2:16 pm
Hmm, for some reason, Map Deployer didn't include the tunnel background. Fixed that.

headstone
February 18, 2006, 2:34 pm
Damn, demonic. These last few maps have been sweet. But, HHH is right, sniping will win this map. I think it would be better if the top was accessable.

DeMonIc
February 18, 2006, 3:12 pm
What barret problem? The aim of reverse ctf is to get your flag into the enemy base. That means if people sit down to camp, they will never get the flag in the enemy base. Besides, if the tunnel gets pinned down, the attacking team can use M79 boosting to go for the flag directly, because you can drop in right to the flag area if you boost yourself from the middle platform.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 3:27 pm
this is what i mean, reverse ctf or not:

[IMAGE]

fed.eag.o
February 18, 2006, 3:34 pm
ehm do you put all ur reverse maps into one mappapck one day? or does it already exist?

OutofOrder
February 18, 2006, 5:11 pm
It seems like you haven't understood yet, HHH:
[IMAGE]
:)

Yay, i want to see how this turned out. But i trust you've made something real nice. But i realize now waypointing will be hard if there's only one way, tho :x
It's lunch time, so after i get fed, i'll be back, with some fe(e)dback. :P

Edit:
Yes! I really like the ambience, specially the tunnel. Maybe a tad darker and it'd look perfect.
The high path is not too hard to access, you can get there just by parachuting there xD If you captured the flag and someone else got over there, you can always toss it to your mate and have him carry it all the high way.
Oh, and i'm very fond of the amount of jet fuel, specially in realistic mode: when you spawn, you're forced to chute the whole way down, because if you release it, you'll get harmed even if you jet before landing. This forces people to decide whether to wait and land safely, or hurry with sacrifice, and gives a strategic element to the map.
Now i really want to test it online.

Ray.Dyo
February 18, 2006, 5:19 pm
Ha! The texture remind me "Blood Gulch" from Halo.

Quite funny in public :)!

Raptor
February 18, 2006, 8:18 pm
Nice map. Small. But I still think it would've been better if an underground tunnel was added...

lithium
February 23, 2006, 3:58 pm
Very nice, it looks great and plays very well, imo snipers aren't really a problem any more than spraying :x