( search forums )
Nades, or not?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Antifate
February 18, 2006, 10:42 pm
Normally, when you are out of ammo, your first thought is to "nade the crap outta them", right? Well I was playing with someone who DOESN'T use nades inbetween reloads. It was pretty effective. While chucking nades, you can't reload, so he used the extra time to reload faster and blow people away. Your thoughts?

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 10:48 pm
I guess when your playing against noobs who cant shoot for hell. It works.

You should nade them while shooting in the first place.

a-4-year-old
February 18, 2006, 10:58 pm
if the reload time is too long whip out the trusty soccom and nade/shoot them

reckon
February 18, 2006, 11:12 pm
I use the spas, so a nade shot is the way to go.
Due to its one off reload, I dont have to worry about needing to reload.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 11:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by reckonI use the spas, so a nade shot is the way to go.
Do to its one off reload, I dont have to worry about needing to reload.

(I never see him in pubs, so I'm guessing he never has the problem of m79s.)

Raptor
February 19, 2006, 4:02 am
So he blew you away?
I use nades when shooting since the ruger has slow reload.

GAMEOVER
February 19, 2006, 4:06 am
Nades are only effective for me most the time when placed on the ground, mid-air ive just about gaven up on em because they connect but do not deal any damage what so ever.

DeMonIc
February 22, 2006, 3:59 pm
The key to being an effective player is in using grenades.
Ideally, you won't use nades when you reload, because your enemy should be dead by then. Grenades don't do damage if you throw them in the face: you have to aim for the leg, or shoot while using them, so the grenade 'sticks' to your bullet and disembowels your enemy. Quite effective.

Swebonny
February 22, 2006, 5:31 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AntifateNormally, when you are out of ammo, your first thought is to "nade the crap outta them", right? Well I was playing with someone who DOESN'T use nades inbetween reloads. It was pretty effective. While chucking nades, you can't reload, so he used the extra time to reload faster and blow people away. Your thoughts?

Hey thats smart :D Gotta test that!

(my soldat break is over after 4 months)

Swarmer
February 22, 2006, 8:11 pm
Just use a nade INSTEAD of shooting at them. Then they die. Or so it was in previous versions. But if your game isnt screwed up like mine, then throw nades BEFORE and DURING firing.

February 22, 2006, 10:42 pm
If I'm outnumbered by 3 to 1 or more, and I don't stand a chance, I'll just unload all my nades into the air. Nothing to lose, right? Otherwise, I save them for when I really need them.

Echo_Trail
February 22, 2006, 11:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc
Ideally, you won't use nades when you reload, because your enemy should be dead by then.

Amen to that!

No rly, i use nades if the situation allows me to. Usually i'd rather reload my weapon, but if it's one of those static games, where you'd think ppl used aim bot or something, i'll throw a couple of nades at'em!

Captain Ben
February 23, 2006, 6:23 am
I feel like an idiot when I die and still have grenades left.

-VzX- Silverflame
February 23, 2006, 3:03 pm
use nades when necessary, bottom like.. just like captain ben says: i too feel stupid if i even have 1 nade left -__-;