( search forums )
Soldat On Tv
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Atticus
February 18, 2006, 11:02 pm
My Tv that is :D

It isn't very impressive, but I just set up my laptop to run through the tv so I can play soldat on it. Has or does anyone ever play soldat through a tv or a projector? I think it's pretty cool just becaues it is so big and crisp.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

reckon
February 18, 2006, 11:12 pm
Oh snap, nice set up you got there.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 11:37 pm
That tv is nearly the size of my monitor? o_o...

Atticus
February 18, 2006, 11:54 pm
You have a monitor bigger than 27inch? If you do, cool.

Deleted User
February 18, 2006, 11:59 pm
Your labtop compared to your tv is almost the same size..
Or is it an optical illusion.

Atticus
February 19, 2006, 12:01 am
It is because the picture was taken closer to the laptop.

Soulsnipa
February 19, 2006, 12:12 am
i can do that with svideo as well..

Deleted User
February 19, 2006, 1:07 am
i got a 48 inch

Deleted User
February 19, 2006, 1:17 am
Ohhh, X360? Have you tried playing computer games with the X360 controller?

Deleted User
February 19, 2006, 3:45 am
having the crappy X360 in there is showing off in the purest form.
I tried Soldat on my 47" plasma screen like 2 months ago, and had it going on a whiteboard projector at school last year, much more fun when youve gotta move your head alot xD

Atticus
February 19, 2006, 4:49 am
Yeah, my brother bought a wired 360 controller so he could use it for his PC games and my xbox. It works quite well with the PC. The controller is probably the best controller I have ever used.

[off topic]

Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCehaving the crappy X360 in there is showing off in the purest form.

How is taking a picture of my tv which happens to have my xbox above it showing off? Also. If it is so crappy, why would you even say it is showing off?

FliesLikeABrick
February 22, 2006, 4:40 pm
That TV has really good resolution, looks nice. On most TVs S-video would come out fuzzy and the text would be quite hard to read

Deleted User
February 22, 2006, 5:53 pm
your laptop looks like its a mac......

GAMEOVER
February 22, 2006, 6:48 pm
360 owns

a-4-year-old
February 22, 2006, 9:13 pm
tvs dont have as many pixles as computers do, making this stupid and a total waste of time

edak
February 22, 2006, 9:23 pm
I agree with 4 year old, HOWEVER, soldat is limited in resolution and TV is bigger and you can play further away.

vash763
February 23, 2006, 3:05 am
I like Atticus.

lithium
February 23, 2006, 3:42 am
That's pretty chill, I would try it if my TV wasn't a piece of crap.

rabidhamster
February 23, 2006, 3:49 am
where'd you buy that monitor out - AV video in converter? i've been looking everywhere for that kind of thing, but can't seem to find one. only teachers seem to know where to get them...

Atticus
February 23, 2006, 3:55 am
It is a VGA cord. Like the one that your monitor uses to connect to the PC.

Soulsnipa
February 23, 2006, 4:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickThat TV has really good resolution, looks nice. On most TVs S-video would come out fuzzy and the text would be quite hard to read

Set the resolution lower it helps.

FliesLikeABrick
February 23, 2006, 5:15 am
setting the resolution lower doesn't do a damned thing when you're playing soldat since soldat is always at 640x480 or 800x600 or whatever it is

karmazon
February 23, 2006, 9:51 pm
nice xbox 360 rich boy

Deleted User
February 23, 2006, 11:01 pm
nice turbAn rich boy

karmazon
February 23, 2006, 11:30 pm
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=turbin

Captain Ben
February 24, 2006, 5:59 am
Turban?
Nice setup, although the wire between the laptop and tv looks rather short... When you do play, do you watch your laptop screen or television?
Nice Xbox360, got any good games?

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 8:09 am
I'm too cool for that. I am on what you call, "The Poor Person Trend."

Zero72
February 24, 2006, 8:42 am
Ha, that's pretty cool. Good idea.

Ok
February 24, 2006, 1:03 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickThat TV has really good resolution, looks nice. On most TVs S-video would come out fuzzy and the text would be quite hard to read

Indeed!
All of my friend plugged their computers to the T.V (for movie watching purposes) , mind telling me how you connected them? what cable, also! what kind of graphic card do u have

a-4-year-old
February 24, 2006, 9:06 pm
all you need is a video out cord, but they are like nowhere to be found.

the cord itself connects to your computer and to the white yellow and sometimes red cords in the back of most newer tvs.

edit: as for the video card, the tv just plays anything that shows up on the computer, if your computer can play it your tv can.

rabidhamster
February 25, 2006, 12:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AtticusIt is a VGA cord. Like the one that your monitor uses to connect to the PC.

you're telling me that your tv has a monitor in port? lucky [CENSORED]...

Ok
February 25, 2006, 7:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldall you need is a video out cord, but they are like nowhere to be found.

the cord itself connects to your computer and to the white yellow and sometimes red cords in the back of most newer tvs.

edit: as for the video card, the tv just plays anything that shows up on the computer, if your computer can play it your tv can.

First of all, they are easly found on any computer shop (in Israel it does anyhow).
Second off all I was talking about the quality.
I plugged in my comp many times and watched movies, the quality is MUCH better on the computer screen than on the T.V.
It seems that he didn't have that problem, prehapes its just his video card having a better erm.. I dunno socket <_<
When I bought my T.V (Panasonic) I spent LOTS of money, because of the quality I also wanted it because it has a uniqe and special socket made for computers .. still haven't found the cable for it.

Ofcourse you could have been talking just about that <_< erm.. didn't seem like it through your description though.

SuperKill
February 26, 2006, 10:16 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderYour labtop compared to your tv is almost the same size..
Or is it an optical illusion.

are you blonde?