( search forums )
Changeing of the barrett and m79
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
February 22, 2006, 4:49 pm
do the poll.

GluLm
February 22, 2006, 9:02 pm
I believe the barret is fine now, however the real problem is indeed the m79 (overused and overpowerd blah blah...)
Do you really think a startup time would solve it? I'm not convinced yet.
I was tempted to vote "change it back to the good old days" but the only thing that's worth it are the gosteks.
STUPID NEW GOSTEKS RUINED THE GAME!

There I said it.

Dark_Noddy
February 22, 2006, 9:41 pm
God damn sluggish vote system..

Oh well I would have voted for 2 :D thi I dont think Startup time would fix the problem..

IMO the thing that would most likely fix the issue at hand would be adding a tiny startup time to the m79 and a small amount of move-inaccuressy and a nice amount of bink..

A minor hold time is enuff, wouldnt have alot to say but I think it should be there, like 1% help and 99% scaring of newbs who just want to point and click (lowers the overuse)

What I hat the most about the current M79 is that U can send Ur shells hurling and it wont make a damn difference, he can still hit I like nothing, whiles for the barett, if U actually manage to hit him chances are he will miss due to bink, wich makes it all balanced and nice..

Thats my (somewhat messy) point of view anyways..

_Mancer_
February 22, 2006, 9:46 pm
Start up time wont fix the m79... a longer reload will.

The reason why people use m79 is because they get 1st strike capability, and if your going to be good at m79 you should be able to kill on the first strike, A longer reload will make it so its a bit more challenging.. and less annoying

Also more bink. M79 feels like it doesnt get binked.

Dark_Noddy
February 22, 2006, 9:52 pm
I'd still love to be able to hit that sucker and see him get binked >_< but I do agree, longer reload will prolly fix much, but not to much reload as that would make the gun unused..

peemonkey
February 22, 2006, 10:40 pm
Start times where only good for the minigun. I don't see it as being a good way to deal with weapon balance. Reload time and distance seem to be the way to go, things where much more fun when you didn't have to sit there and wait for your weapon to fire, it makes the gameplay slower, and that's anti-soldat.
Making it so that you have to wait a bit longer for the round to come out does actually make it so you have to watch your target more, but that's not what the m79 or law are all about, they're to kill someone fast and then move on, and if you miss, then the person with the auto gets their chance. Adding the delay makes the weapons feel like totally different guns than previous versions.

I tells ya, 1.1.3 had it down good, thems was the golden days :)

Dark_Noddy
February 22, 2006, 10:43 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI tells ya, 1.1.3 had it down good, thems was the golden days :)

Mmmmm.... Couldnt agree more, I'll have to agree wiht your main post aswell tho, Startup time Does slow gameplay down.. So I reckon Longer reload would be the way to go :)

Keron Cyst
February 23, 2006, 6:06 am
The second-to-last appeals to me. I voted for the second-to-first, tho', since it appears easier to code for MM.

3rd_account
February 23, 2006, 7:56 pm
How about just a bit more bink and a slower bullet speed so you got a greater chance of dodging?

Deleted User
February 23, 2006, 9:22 pm
Slower bullet speed also means decreased range. Personally, I don't want to have to relearn the arc for the M79 yet again.

3rd_account
February 24, 2006, 12:07 am
Unfortunally that seems to happen in pretty much every version for every gun. Might as well keep doing it until it all becomes balanced.

Raptor
February 24, 2006, 12:33 am
Keep everything the same way... I've had luck killing people using those two weapons since 1.3.0

Meevious
March 6, 2006, 10:10 am
Hmm... this whole new barret start up time thing is "rather silly" to put it mildly, ok, very mildly (I would have shouted very, but I took the time to read the user agreement policy). The barret used to be fun and usable, but now with the extremely slow reload time, and start up time it's just not worth while, the whole point of the sniper rifle is to sit in wait until the perfect moment and then if you haven't been found by an m79 or HK-mp5 demon, you get a kill, not to sit in wait until the perfect moment, and then find it goes away before the bullet can leave the barrel, or try and judge whether the perfect moment is about to happen! I'm a very sad sniper. Oh yeah, the M79 is just as effective as the barret, it really should take just as long to load, particularly as realisticly, it would take longer.

Yuth
March 10, 2006, 6:18 am
The barret is fine as it is now, it's not too hard to use, just harder.
The M79 doesn't need Start Up Time nor Longer Reload, it needs Charge Up, like with Knife and Grenade.

Adding a tiny recoil to the Barret would be nice.
(Without Shotgun Pellets)

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 4:29 pm
Lol, I love the barret. I LUVV IT!! No changes need to be made, Its like the funnest weapon ever lol. I can get contant kills with it and with socom? omg you cant even touch me! lol :P

But thats when I play in pubs. >_>

Judge_Man
March 10, 2006, 4:35 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Start up time wont fix the m79... a longer reload will.

The reason why people use m79 is because they get 1st strike capability, and if your going to be good at m79 you should be able to kill on the first strike, A longer reload will make it so its a bit more challenging.. and less annoying

Also more bink. M79 feels like it doesnt get binked.

Exactly. Because it's overused in public doesn't mean it's overpowered.
Do you see many newbies that are good with m79 in big open maps? No, cause they miss first strike and die. The only problem right now is that you can miss first strike and still manage to reaload and kill before you die. Longer reload = problem solved.

Edit:
 Quote:Originally posted by Yuth
The M79 doesn't need Start Up Time nor Longer Reload, it needs Charge Up, like with Knife and Grenade.

Charge up time!?!?! Do you realize what you just said?
"Hey dude, have you seen the new m79?? it's like: the longer you hold fire click, the longer your shot will be until max lenght!! it's like throwing a normal grenade but with a gun!! WOW"

M79: grenade launcher, pull trigger --> Grenade launched.