( search forums )
KIll Warning and TK Revenge, TK Autokick
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Atybrc
February 23, 2006, 11:50 pm
little suggestion:
1)put in soldat.ini variable like killwarning=1/0
(when some1 use /kill in game server send msg like "major kill himself via console").

2) In Counter-Strike when some1 kill his mates (if server support some plugins like amx) victim can do revenge or forget teamkill.
(After death victim look vote menu where he can choose: F11 Revenge (server kill teamkiller instantly or after end of round if survival mode is 1) or F12 Forget Mistake).

3) put in soldat.ini variable like teamkill=x (where x>=1...). Sometimes stupid morons thinking teamkil is fun. So when tk teamkill X ppls server kick him.

CrazyKid980
February 24, 2006, 5:29 pm
I don't see why not, good idea.

SUGGESTION: How about a time penalty (In CS, jail) as a TK revenge? The TKer would have to wait a amount of time the admin sets to respawn, like 30 seconds.

Zero72
February 24, 2006, 7:32 pm
I really don't understand 1, but 2/3 sound(s) pretty fair to me.

-VzX- Silverflame
February 24, 2006, 7:59 pm
meh, i dunno some tk's are accidents and that person still wants em kicked *shrugs*

Swebonny
February 24, 2006, 8:05 pm
Yeah ofcourse there Silver...remember today when playing DOD:S

But yeah i really like thoose ideas.

a-4-year-old
February 24, 2006, 8:50 pm
the first one should just be when they /kill it says "<insertname> kicked his own ass" (this would be moddable)
2: REVENGE make a thing in mapmaker that has a jail spawn and have a little thing under the map where there is a little cage and they spawn there.

3:yay!

bja888
February 24, 2006, 9:34 pm
4: yay!

zyxstand
February 24, 2006, 9:44 pm
i got a couple good ones:

ANTI DAMAGE: it'll tell the tk'er that he was forgiven when in actuality he wasn't; instead, any damage that the tk'er does to anybody in the field will go to himself instead, leading to his eventual 'suicide' (not necessarily good option under certain conditions)

POINTLESS SPAWN: when the tk'er dies later in the game, he will respawn without any weapons and will not be able to /kill (or /mercy or /brutalkill or /shutdown) - and he also won't be able to pick up weapons, and if the enemy team is smart, they'll know not to kill him (unless he got the flag of course)

INSULT: tk'er will walk around with a message saying anything the vicitm desires (ie: "I'M A LOSER", or "I SUCK", etc.) - sux of course when the game is realistic (which it most likely is) cuz then the enemy can spot him easier. /kill (etc.) disabled

HURTING: upon next respawn of the tk'er (after he dies for some reason), he will slowly lose health (so that he can only play for 45 seconds if no other damage is inflicted) and he wont' be able to use healthboxes (duh)! /kill (etc.) disabled

DIFFERENTLY ABLED: call it retarded, handicapped, physically disabled - w.e - he'll be walking a lot slower and have half the boost than normally and won't be able to jump high for a round - /kill (etc.) disabled.

DUMB GUNNED: spawns with a minigun (or maybe even let the victim choose the gun) - drop disabled and /kill (etc.) disabled

CAN'T TOUCH THIS: in ctf and inf (red team) only - it'll say 'forgiven' or something on his screen when in actuality he won't be able to carry the flag, etc. - /kill (etc.) disabled just in case he tries to (to get rid of potentially harmful situations like this one)

that's pretty much it guys... just in case i missed any, in none of the situations will the tk'er be allowed to us /kill, /mercy, /brutalkill, or /shutdown
(shh)

Vijchtidoodah
February 24, 2006, 9:55 pm
CrazyKid980, I think something like a jail (spectator mode, most likely) would work out quite well. It would certainly get those serial tkers out of the game for a bit.

Revenge, on the other hand, is not a choice that most players have the maturity to make. They'd just get pissed off at a simple mistake and kill the other guy, who would then also be pissed off and probably bring the whole server's mood down. If we just keep it at a jail after a set number of kills, though, then at most only one person gets upset.

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 10:16 pm
Killwarning is okay, but it seems rather useless.

The rest, screw those. TKing is the best part of Soldat.

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 10:39 pm
Yeah well as long as you could set some limit as in setting the tks up to 2 or 3 until they start getting punished.

bond_james_bond
February 25, 2006, 2:32 am
 Quote:Originally posted by CrazyKid980I don't see why not, good idea.

SUGGESTION: How about a time penalty (In CS, jail) as a TK revenge? The TKer would have to wait a amount of time the admin sets to respawn, like 30 seconds.

now i know that was built off one of my ideas in another thread.

But anyway... the dumb-gunned suggestion is funny!

GAMEOVER
February 25, 2006, 5:08 am
If it didnt come in handy for when your stuck in a poly I wouldnt mind seeing /kill gone for good.

mike323
February 25, 2006, 5:35 am
1) nahh...pointless
2) would take too much work for only a little effect...which would just encourage tks
3) Sure, i'd like this option. Take it to the two hour or less thread!

GAMEOVER
February 25, 2006, 11:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by mike3231)
3) Sure, i'd like this option. Take it to the two hour or less thread!

No, dont the two hour or less thread is becoming well over 2 hours.

Antifate
February 25, 2006, 11:53 pm
TKs are mostly accidents. BUT, they should be more careful ya? Whatever. I still think that tk = bad, even if it is an accident. TKers, accidental or not, should be jailed/switched to spec after say... 2 tks.

CrazyKid980
February 26, 2006, 12:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AntifateTKs are mostly accidents. BUT, they should be more careful ya? Whatever. I still think that tk = bad, even if it is an accident. TKers, accidental or not, should be jailed/switched to spec after say... 2 tks.

You mean without a choice, or with the Tked choice?

zyxstand
February 26, 2006, 3:19 pm
in real life, you get into a car crash on accident it's nonetheless your fault

Drink Bloody Water
February 27, 2006, 11:54 am
TK is a module in Soldat. I dont know how to explain this but FF is basically there to make the game more realistic. Accidental or not FF should be used without you getting revenged or kicked.

damnnation
February 27, 2006, 12:08 pm
go play cs....

Atybrc
February 27, 2006, 6:05 pm
2Drink Bloody Water yes i think too, but sometimes ppl abusing tk. And why anothers ppl must afraid perfect tkers?

zyxstand
February 28, 2006, 12:07 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Drink Bloody WaterTK is a module in Soldat. I dont know how to explain this but FF is basically there to make the game more realistic. Accidental or not FF should be used without you getting revenged or kicked.

It's also realsitic to get punished for yoru wrongdoings...

Deleted User
February 28, 2006, 12:55 am
How about just let the server application control all the teamkilling? A few If Kill no Change Then or some crap programming logic like that.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 16, 2006, 10:39 am
I agree with silverflame... waht happenens if you considently tk when you were running in a bunch? Though i gues you pob be pretty n00b to do that... good suggestion!

ONX
March 16, 2006, 2:53 pm
there is another way ive seen in other games. when u shoot a teammate, kil lor not, it will hurt you as much as it hurt them. so basically, u kill a teammate, it kills u and minuses your score.

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:27 am
Good idea, but i think kick-out after 1 tk is too rude