( search forums )
Staff Page
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 3:53 am
Well there really isn't much to say, but I think you guys should bring back the Staff Page. It'd be nice to be able to learn a little about all our mods and admins, as well as have a nice organized way to see what they're in charge of and what there views are.

thekingkitty
February 24, 2006, 7:35 am
maybe we should have a introduce yourself page where everyone talks a little about themselves...or not...

Chakra`
February 24, 2006, 9:04 am
Did suggest a 'introduce yourself' forum to a few peeps a while back, but no one seemed to like the idea. Was a bit alone with that.

As for the staff page, nice idea. I'll see what I can do, but don't expect anything immediate. S'all a bit busy right now.

Soulsnipa
February 24, 2006, 9:13 am
Dude chakra ...what about a homepage like the DNAgames forum man. Features a monthly map and screenshot and member, birthday's today, etc....bring da shi bak nig

Chakra`
February 24, 2006, 9:17 am
Yeah, yeah ....one step ahead of you guv. S'all up here *taps skull with index finger furiously*

Had [CENSORED] like that planned since before I got this job ...but like I said, things are a tad busy right now. Give it time and forum happiness will reach new amazing fantabulous levels.

FliesLikeABrick
February 24, 2006, 1:27 pm
We aren't/can't add/ing anything new until we know that our host is stable and until we get everything sorted with that first.

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 1:46 pm
Are there even any mods for Snitz? A Portal would go good with this forum, somthing like this except with maybe more relevant blocks ;)

FliesLikeABrick
February 24, 2006, 2:04 pm
Every mod we apply to snitz seems to bring about more bugs and issues

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 2:11 pm
............. windows :)

Is this even the latest version of Snitz?

Soulsnipa
February 24, 2006, 2:39 pm
lol enesce your avatar is great. I'm not spamming, im commenting on his avatar. There more serious post for ya.

FliesLikeABrick
February 24, 2006, 2:44 pm
Soulsnipa, don't spam

Enesce, we are currently experimenting with a new host and php based forums. We'll see how it goes, compare performance *snicker* and then approach MM with the concept of maybe going to a new host. The support offered by the current host is offensive at best, and anything would be better than this. Bear in mind that is the opinion of one person, myself.

Chakra`
February 24, 2006, 2:57 pm
seconded, bro.

Soulsnipa
February 24, 2006, 3:36 pm
hey if i get access to custom maps before u begin on these new forums....woot woot. And i could help out on the forums if u think im up to the job.

mar77a
February 24, 2006, 5:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
Enesce, we are currently experimenting with a new host and php based forums. We'll see how it goes, compare performance *snicker* and then approach MM with the concept of maybe going to a new host. The support offered by the current host is offensive at best, and anything would be better than this. Bear in mind that is the opinion of one person, myself.

I dont think ASP is the problem, maybe switching to a host that runs Linux or any other UNIX based OS will be better.

DePhille
February 24, 2006, 9:25 pm
The problem isn't necessarily ASP , since these forums are not crowded (With crowded I mean that they get a huge amount of visitors) so the server shouldn't (NORMALLY) have any problems with this forum. However , running it on a shared hosting will have a significant slowdown versus PHP (and expecially MSDB versus MySQL).

Also , more people know PHP than ASP I think , so there could be people that could write little algorithms in PHP or something. Another reason is that PHP and MySQL are more widely spread than ASP and MSDB. Same for forums , PHP forums are the most popular , and thus they offer more addons and updates.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 9:47 pm
Err...Get a dedicated host?

papasurf31
February 24, 2006, 10:07 pm
Staff Page in the making:

wiki.soldat.nl

FliesLikeABrick
February 24, 2006, 10:51 pm
good call papsurf

Beaver, the hosts we're looking at would be as good as dedicated in performance

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 12:03 am
Whatever you do flab, dont try phpBB or punBB, im sure you know why ;)

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 12:57 pm
http://www.simplemachines.org/

Awesome.

Features automatic updates, automated plugin install/uninstall, and a bunch of maintenance features already built in. Even has a plugin browser built into the system right off the bat, and supports user karma/bla bla bla just try it.

a-4-year-old
February 25, 2006, 4:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_Lazulihttp://www.simplemachines.org/

Awesome.

Features automatic updates, automated plugin install/uninstall, and a bunch of maintenance features already built in. Even has a plugin browser built into the system right off the bat, and supports user karma/bla bla bla just try it.

but its not shiny :(
karma isnt that great, alot of people seem to like being jerks online and everytime you offend them and their stupid... anyway, when two immature people do not like each other, they smite each other's asses.

Raptor
February 26, 2006, 1:41 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`but no one seemed to like the idea.
I completely (100%) liked that idea, and I've seen it in other places. I still think that should be added..