( search forums )
Soldat Democracy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
bja888
February 24, 2006, 10:10 pm
Soldat Democracy admin tool for the people, supported by the people.
There had been recent requests for server scripts that do things like even teams. When Soldoc is finished it will do everything you need and more. It will also have an open source framework for developing plug-ins.

[URL]

System requirements...
- Windows 2000 or later
- .Net framework 1.1 or later
Latest version (Recommended)
[URL]
All versions(For advanced users)
[URL]

Known Bugs:
- Players data gets corrupt.
Current solution: Turn auto Refresh on, it will go away eventually
- You can not start soldat with SolDoc running.
Current solution: Start soldat first then SolDoc

Working on: (In order by priority)
- Re-module the whole program
- Prefs and profiles
- Hard coded plug-ins (temporary solution)
- Plug-in framework

Plug-ins under development:
- Even teams
- Shuffle teams

SolDoc v0.4 (03/19/2006)
-----------------------------
Added:
- New refresh framework
- Game stats

Fixed:
- Refresh Bug

Currently Working On:
- Prefs
- Profiles
- Individual controls for all elements

Plug-ins and server-side scripts are delayed until next version. Linux version will be developed after next version

SolDoc v0.3(03/01/2006)
-----------------------------
First working version. It lacks game stats but I think it's a solid foundation. It will only get better from here :)

Vijchtidoodah
February 24, 2006, 10:23 pm
It helps if you tell us what it is.

Deleted User
February 24, 2006, 11:32 pm
Another crappy .net product.

bja888
February 24, 2006, 11:46 pm
lol, that means its also 64 bit compatable fool...

FliesLikeABrick
February 25, 2006, 1:07 am
yes, but it also means you have to run windows. Please post links to screenshots, and update them as things change

bja888
February 25, 2006, 1:52 am
Don't worry files, I'll get your linux version build as soon as I get the windows one stable.
Thanks to Mono [URL]

GAMEOVER
February 25, 2006, 5:26 am
It sorta has an ARSSE look to it, I wish you luck with it hope to see it more complete in the future. What kind of plugins were you thinking of (examples)..

Enesce: LOL stop knockin .net every language is good. Its not what you use its how you use it.

FliesLikeABrick
February 25, 2006, 5:34 am
Good, because I need a good linux-friendly admin-tool to help me keep track of all my servers

bja888
February 25, 2006, 6:22 am
I was thinking of saving profiles so you don't have to manually type in the info every time. Thats not top priority though..

When it comes to plug-ins. I want it to come with the really basic functions. Thus the basic version does not take a lot of memory to run. Then add plug-ins that more closely monitor what is going on in the server. You choose what extras you want and nothing else is forced down your throat.

The two that I defiantly have plans for are
1) Keeping teams even (suggested for CTF servers only)
2) If at least 2/3 of one team thinks that the teams are uneven. They can vote via text commands to have the teams shuffled.

Democracy comes to soldat :)

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 6:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888lol, that means its also 64 bit compatable fool...

Newsflash: Soldat uses 32-bit pointers, not 64-bit. Even under Windows XP 64-Bit edition Soldat does not work.
How many people here do you even think have 64 bit CPU's? MS Fanboy

DePhille
February 25, 2006, 10:08 am
Note that almoast all modern AMD processors are 64bit.
Also note that AMD is much faster for it's price than intel is.
Conclusion: There are a hell of a lot of people that have a 64bit CPU , they just haven't got the OS. And if they got the operating system , 90% of the programs wouldn't work yet.

I like programs where you can write plugins for, so I'm waiting for this program to see what it can do. If you want it to be the new standard server admin tool you indeed need to make it linux-compatible.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 11:05 am
By "How many people", I meant that people that play Soldat.

ONTOPIC:
Clean the gUI plz.

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 11:16 am
Wow must dl

Elephant_Hunter
February 25, 2006, 9:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe Quote:Originally posted by bja888lol, that means its also 64 bit compatable fool...

Newsflash: Soldat uses 32-bit pointers, not 64-bit. Even under Windows XP 64-Bit edition Soldat does not work.
How many people here do you even think have 64 bit CPU's? MS Fanboy

Newsflash: This is a remote admin tool. For those of you slow-witted folks, this means you don't need to run it on the host machine. Plus, I have a 64-bit computer (dual-booted with a 64-bit OS.) That's one person with a faster CPU than you :P

Just because he is using .NET doesn't make him an MS fanboy. C# is a great development language, and VB is a great learning language. Both work under the linux platform using Mono. In fact there is a great .NET program, named Beagle, being distributed with Gnome that is Linux-only.

The biggest problem you will encounter, bja, is converting your System.Windows code over to Linux. You will have to use GTK# widgets instead of standard .NET ones.

bja888
February 26, 2006, 5:04 am
I'm self tought everything I know. Shoulden't talke me to long to learn how to add linux elements.

edak
February 26, 2006, 6:19 am
I think it's a good tool from what i see (me is interested in da pluginz). I respect a .Net programmer as much as any other. God damn anti MS'ers. OH, enesce, why do you use windows? (dont answer).

Soldat Mod Mixer

KeFear
March 7, 2006, 2:41 pm
I experienced too much RAM usage and some instability. Waiting gently for the next version.

bja888
March 7, 2006, 5:47 pm
instability?
I really haven't used it yet other than testing.
Tell me the proublem and I will fix it.

KeFear
March 7, 2006, 6:53 pm
I only tested it at work, cos i didn't want to install .NET at home.
I started up a soldat server and i connected with Soldat Democracy, ESA and ARSSE to check which one uses less resources. When i tried to connect with Soldat Democracy the server crashed or something. I experienced some hang up with it, it couldn't respond so i had to kill the process.
When i restarted the server i could connect without any problem.

bja888
March 7, 2006, 7:17 pm
Then only time I noticed it wouldn't respond is when trying to update player information and the packet was smaller than it should of been. If the server does exactly what it is supposed to, then it should work fine.
In eather case i'll add some more fail-safes.

KeFear
March 10, 2006, 9:50 am
There is some bug in reading the packet data.
After a random period of time it reads un-recognized data from the packet, similar to this:
 Quote:REFRESH

Terminator> > > b%qg> > rena@> Next

It seems that it can't read players' data and various server data from the packet.

bja888
March 10, 2006, 6:16 pm
That is already fixed for the next version... What it is doing is pulling the REFRESH packet into the server message area. Its just bad timing. Its been fixed so it cannot happen any more.

I'm also looking into unsing a listener rather then refreshing to check if data is avalable.

KeFear
March 10, 2006, 6:43 pm
When will you release the next version?

bja888
March 10, 2006, 7:15 pm
Some time next week.

KeFear
March 22, 2006, 9:06 am
a little bug with the new version:
[IMAGE]

All i did was: connect to the server,
/addbot1 Terminator
/addbot2 Admiral
Click on Auto Refresh button.

bja888
March 22, 2006, 1:41 pm
That used to happen a lot in the previous version but I have not seen it once in this version...

Can you get it to do that again or was that a just a random bug?

bja888
March 22, 2006, 1:57 pm
[IMAGE]

I can't even screw up the refresh pack on purpose. How did you do that??

KeFear
March 22, 2006, 3:57 pm
I just downloaded the new version at work and that's what i got after first run.
I didn't have a chance to retry, as i had to work.