( search forums )
help with weapon mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 4:18 am
would someone like to help me make a weapon mod?
i have a picture of all the guns that need to be used.
i also dont know how to make it so you can switch different weapons.
EX:im playing with an M16, but now i want to change it to an AK47.
heres where the pic is.[URL]

i know there are some people pictures there, but just ignore them.
i know...thats ALOT of GUNS!!!!

so will someone help me?

NOTE:in the picture there are some guns in there twice. use the best looking one.

m00`
February 25, 2006, 4:20 am
wow most of those guns are really nice looking, did you make them all? do you think I could use 1 or 2 of them for a mod?

Keron Cyst
February 25, 2006, 4:26 am
They're random sprites taken from games ranging from Advance Wars to Red Alert and Metal Slug. He made none of 'em, and someone else posted that image before.

It depends; do you want to permanently change your weapon sprites, or do you just want to make a temporary mod out of 'em so you can switch back and forth between mods?
If you want permanent, check out Soldat\Interface-gfx\Guns\

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 4:32 am
i want it permanent. i just made the AK47 to see how this mod would kind of look and it came out pretty good! No i didnt make the guns, i found them on a sprite website.

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 5:18 am
sorry for double posting, but here are 3 pictures of 3 weapons i modded to try it out.
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]

tell me what you think!

mike323
February 25, 2006, 5:37 am
ak47=so so
sniper=sure, i could live with this
launcher= are you kidding?

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 4:31 pm
well what program should i use to mod?
right now i use Paint program. The one you find in accesories.
should i use somthing different?

EDIT-well ive continued to mod and i suck monkey balls!
i really am not good at this kinda stuff...so now...
I NEED BIG HELP!!!!

Keron Cyst
February 26, 2006, 2:02 am
I use Paint. I don't see anything wrong with it. You're just looking for help with the weapons-gfx, right?

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 4:02 am
yeah. I SUCK AT IT!
the weapons always come out big, the guy is holding air, and i see very small white outlines on it. i dont think im doing good cropping and resizing it. So...are you going to help me?

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 4:14 am
you have to resize, then edit certain parts(usually barrel)

GAMEOVER
February 26, 2006, 4:48 am
Mike Shinoda posted them guns before I have a copy he sent me.

Keron Cyst
February 26, 2006, 5:03 pm
I don't even resize at all. I just pop open a blank weapons-gfx image, look at its zoomed-in interface-gfx in the back, and manually scale it while constantly Alt + Tabbing. Try that ;-)

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 5:10 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron CystI don't even resize at all. I just pop open a blank weapons-gfx image, look at its zoomed-in interface-gfx in the back, and manually scale it while constantly Alt + Tabbing. Try that ;-)

um...that didnt work. it opened a window to let me select any of my open applications. So is anybody going to help me with this?

Rhombus
March 31, 2006, 5:32 pm
I could help... haven't modded in a long time though... got a bit rusty I guess... so where are the weapons? the links are dead!