Healthbar (previev)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Karaffka
February 25, 2006, 1:42 pm
[URL]
[URL]
[URL]
Images edited in photoshop - it is not hack ;]

This healthbar will be visible ONLY behind your teammates (to prevent sprayfire). Healthbar will help you to rate health amount (for example of friendly flag carrier) even than his gostek isn't visible on screen.

What do you think about that idea?

Mothafix
February 25, 2006, 7:23 pm
I think it would be good idea.. At least i don't see anything bad at it. You have my support! :)

bja888
February 25, 2006, 7:39 pm
That reminds me of the how war strategy games do it. I can tell health by just looking how bloody they are. I don't see any harm doing it that way though. Plus, the noobs can tell who is on their team easier. Less friendly fire.

I approve :)

a-4-year-old
February 25, 2006, 8:42 pm
this has been suggested before, and once again I aprove.

again.

Koon
February 25, 2006, 8:43 pm
I dont care either way, In realistic mode they die fast enough its not that important.

g-force9
February 25, 2006, 8:44 pm
You got my support to with that. I beats having to have the cursor hover over teamates to see how much health they have left.

zyxstand
February 25, 2006, 9:17 pm
like bja888 said, amount of blood on player gives one a good enough idea of health level, though this would make it easier too. Also, lower health bars should have a mroe reddish color (that way, you can get get a general idea of health level with a quick glimpse based on color of ehalth bar of length of it). Turn on/off function in options suggested.

I support:
priority level: minimal

GluLm
February 25, 2006, 9:34 pm
Yeah why not, this is not a bad idea. However it'd be way better to have it under the gosteks and only when you put your cursor over a friendly player. Yeah basically the same as right now but with a health bar instead of the usual percentage. Otherwise it would overload the screen. Oh and making this an option would be better to (choosing between percent or healthbar).

Antifate
February 25, 2006, 11:55 pm
Bleh, I'd feel sorta crowded... It's a fine suggestion though. But we can already see their damage from their BLOOD.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 12:01 am
I for one think its an awesome idea

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 12:01 am
 Quote:Originally posted by AntifateBleh, I'd feel sorta crowded... It's a fine suggestion though. But we can already see their damage from their BLOOD.

Actually we see their Health percentage,
correct me if i'm wrong.

CrazyKid980
February 26, 2006, 12:07 am
Yea, you put the cursor on your teammates to see it, but with everyone shooting, you don't got time!

I don't see any reason why not, good idea.

edak
February 26, 2006, 6:14 am
I think its a great idea as long as its optional

Captain Ben
February 26, 2006, 6:40 am
How about their name is green if their health is above 50% and if their health is under 50%, it turns orange?

Aegis
February 26, 2006, 9:27 am
Make it an option and it's a great idea.. Full support.

Hercule Poirot
February 26, 2006, 10:03 am
http://koti.mbnet.fi/herccu/misc/bar.gif

old news plx

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 12:44 pm
I agree with mothafix

person
February 26, 2006, 1:57 pm
I think it'd be great... if you press and hold a button to activate it. The person who said it was right I think; it'd be too cluttered to have on all the time, so a button would be good. So if it was implemented that way I'd like it.

Echo_Trail
February 26, 2006, 6:17 pm
I really like this idea. I support it.

Alamo
February 26, 2006, 9:34 pm
Nice idea :) It wouldn't really clutter up the screen either... Just some small bars on the screen. They don't have to be big, it's mostly the color which gives you the status anyway.

a-4-year-old
February 26, 2006, 9:40 pm
but it needs to be cooler than the green-yellow-red thing, also moddable like the interface is a must.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 10:59 pm
Yeah there really wouldn't be any use for it in Realistic mode because they do die much faster and it is supposed to be a bit more, well, Realistic. As for Normal, I think it'd be awsome.

Deleted User
February 27, 2006, 6:27 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirothttp://koti.mbnet.fi/herccu/misc/bar.gif

old news plx

Haha, you have the lowest score.

I support this if it can be modded.

Deleted User
February 27, 2006, 11:48 am
Very nice Idea. I'd like to see this in game.

EmperorofChoas
February 27, 2006, 9:40 pm
nice job on the pic......i like and approve.....

nfsjunkie91
February 27, 2006, 10:06 pm
I think it should look like the ones in Command and Conquer games, and also, just in case i missed it while reading through this topic, it is not only viewable if they are offscreen, but onscreen too, right?

EDIT: Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenHow about their name is green if their health is above 50% and if their health is under 50%, it turns orange?

That was sarcasm, I believe, because I am pretty sure that the game already does this. And it turns red when they die. I think this would be most useful for ON-screen teammates, and also solves the problem of "WHO DO I SHOT!?" with new players in team-based gamemodes.

cameronlj
March 1, 2006, 1:00 am
I give this idea my seal of approval.
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
March 1, 2006, 1:15 am
I think it's a nice idea, though i'd want to be able to turn it off. Whats the point in telling your team mates health though, i'd want to see the enemys, i dont ever look at my teammates health

EmperorofChoas
March 1, 2006, 5:02 am
it's to More of a sense to tell if it's a teammate or not to me....*Look over there, he has a health bar ...ok DON"T shoot him.....he's a teammate*...i guess something to stop aciendent team killin

mipit
March 3, 2006, 10:04 pm
I would love this and it would be nice if it wa moddable. it would help in cw. also it would be kewl it see all these men all in position guarding the flag while the other half of the team is getting the flag back. you could see what your defences health is and might even command people to mmove around to compistate for it.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 16, 2006, 8:35 am
Genious idea... much better than placing your mouse over your teammates just to see their health... cool...

Zero72
March 16, 2006, 9:01 am
This is a nice idea. Even more so if there's an option to turn it off, though.

dr.ON
March 23, 2006, 1:34 am
Hmm, if I will be able to turn this off, than it's a good idea, but if i wont than it's a bad idea cuz only playernames take big piece of my screen.
> Hmm, it will be good if "playernames"will change it color from green-to-red(full health-no health), and flagger will just have big dot near his nick.

Rusty_Screw
March 24, 2006, 3:26 am
You totally have my support it seems like a great idea and i definetaly approve

XenocidE
March 24, 2006, 4:48 pm
I'm not going to approve of this idea. Mainly because the way we have it now, is that when a teamate dies, and off-screen, his name goes red. I don't really want to know the health of my teamates. For 1, it makes me play more strategically in protecting my teamates, when trying to return the flag.

I'm curious what FPS games out there currently tells you the health of your teamates through a Health Bar? None I've ever played, that I can think of anyways.

If there was only 1 thing to change, that would be if your teamate was off-screen and he becomes underfire. His name goes to a yellowish so you know he's underfire and know where the enemy is. That'd be the only thing I'd implament.

Deleted User
March 27, 2006, 1:52 am
100% agreement and support...this would be so awsome..optional like the sniper line..

Captain Ben
March 27, 2006, 1:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by tRaQs Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenHow about their name is green if their health is above 50% and if their health is under 50%, it turns orange?

That's what I have always thought, except the colour would have a large range for every percent of health.

I suppose, it would make it a bit easier, but obviously red means dead. I personally don't like the idea of bars.

Wy not the text of a player's name go white if they're typing? I'd like to see that, even though it is completely irrelevant.

Mini G Master
March 30, 2006, 2:22 am
It's a cool idea..although it being optional would be better.
and why not make it unseeable in realistic (along with the health percentage),hat'll make it...well...realistic. (lol)

you have my 99.9%+0.1% support.