( search forums )
Undead
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
February 25, 2006, 6:22 pm
Ok I always liked gore, and since my brother moved back in he is getting me into George Romero movies and other classics, last night I watched the original Dawn of the Dead(which was WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better then the remake) and tonight I am watching Night of the living Dead, but anyway we were renting a movie and we saw one called "Undead" and let me tell you, its friggin awsome, zombies, aliens, triple shotguns... what else can you want in a movie? CHeck it out all you zombie fans

Famine
February 25, 2006, 7:36 pm
Kinda [CENSORED]. Aside from the face punch and the triple shotgunned zombie, the rest was kind of boring. The fish scene was alright, but once they got to the wall, it got really boring and slow. I mean, I can watch prolonged movies, but not when it starts out so quick and hits off good. I'd rather see Brain Dead over again instead of this movie. Wasn't really a waste of time, just wasn't really a good movie.

I do like the Original Dawn of the Dead better, but it is hard to compare to the new one. I mean, they are very different. Aside from the mall and the pregnant woman, it is hard to see as a remake.

Undead had the goofy gore, which is what I like to see in Zombie movies. Fulci will always be very disgusting to me.

.Twelve
February 25, 2006, 7:46 pm
I've never enjoyed many zombie movies. George Romero's were the only ones I've really enjoyed otherwise I've never been into them too much.

Deleted User
February 25, 2006, 8:14 pm
Shaun of the Dead was quite fun to watch, but I just think that because I enjoy British humor.

?
February 25, 2006, 8:53 pm
yeah Shaun of the Dead was great

damnnation
February 25, 2006, 8:56 pm
ok, thanks for the tip(s) hvn't seen that one yet, gonna see if i can rent it somewhere

Famine
February 25, 2006, 9:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by damnnationok, thanks for the tip(s) hvn't seen that one yet, gonna see if i can rent it somewhere

See "The Beyond" aka "Seven Doors of Death".

Get the DVD entitled The Beyond though, or else you will miss the gore.

damnnation
February 25, 2006, 9:30 pm
ive seen:
-land of the dead
-night of the living dead
-dawn of the dead (remake)
-house of the dead
-shaun of the dead
and some more that i can't remember the names of
pretty weird, thy all end with ..off the dead

Famine
February 25, 2006, 9:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by damnnationive seen:
-land of the dead
-night of the living dead
-dawn of the dead (remake)
-house of the dead
-shaun of the dead
and some more that i can't remember the names of
pretty weird, thy all end with ..off the dead

JR Bookwalter's "The Dead Next Door" = Great.

One of my favorite American zombie movies! GO get it now.

damnnation
February 25, 2006, 9:35 pm
can't, i'm to tired and my video/dvdrentall thingy (how you call that bwt?) doesn't have that much zombie movies :(

Captain Ben
February 26, 2006, 12:14 am
Shaun of the Dead is my favourite, but I have Land of the Dead on DVD and have fallen in love with it.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 12:22 am
No one has any E-Love for 28 Days Later? I liked that one because it was more realistic than zombies knowing how to carry guns and all that. I too love Shuan of the Dead; cookie for the British for making it.

Captain Ben
February 26, 2006, 3:43 am
I haven't seen 28 Days Later... I'll check it out when I go to Blockbuster next, although I'm also looking for a Sinbad movie.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 4:03 am
i've seen:
(in order)
night of the living dead
day of the dead
dawn of the dead
dawn of the dead(remake)
shaun of the dead
land of the dead

books i've read/reading:
zombie survival guide(own/finished)
reign of the dead(...in progress...)

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 4:52 am
They probably should come up with something other than ____ of the dead soon.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 6:01 am
i liked 28 days later, i liked resident evil though they kinda blew it out of proportion.

peemonkey
February 26, 2006, 6:27 am
Anything with good old Savini's hand in it is pretty damned good. Fool's sick, my kind of sick :)

Famine
February 26, 2006, 2:12 pm
Yea, 28 Days Later sucked.

I can name so many zombie films better than it.

Quote: Anything with good old Savini's hand in it is pretty damned good. Fool's sick, my kind of sick :)

He is good, but if you want sick, check out later Fulci.
City of the Living Dead
The Beyond
The House by the Cemetary

All the eye popping stuff and throat ripping [CENSORED].

?
February 26, 2006, 8:30 pm
28 days later was a good movie, Famine your just a prick...

Famine
February 26, 2006, 8:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ?28 days later was a good movie, Famine your just a prick...

No, I just like good zombie movies!

I mean, it was okay, but not for a zombie movie.

Deleted User
February 26, 2006, 10:55 pm
Seems like the British are good at making zombie movies with 28 days and Shaun.

Famine
February 26, 2006, 11:06 pm
Italy...

Meandor
February 27, 2006, 9:07 pm
Cemetery Man <3
also, from dusk till dawn isn't bad

Famine
February 27, 2006, 9:24 pm
Yea, great film.

I saw house with the laughing windows. It was alright.

Ebby
February 27, 2006, 10:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ?28 days later was a good movie, Famine your just a prick...

Do you think that'd be a movie worth renting?

Scifi had a marathon recently for zombie movies. Of course none of them were really that good, just very entertaining on the corny side.

Tha Doggfather
February 27, 2006, 11:09 pm
I saw 28 Days Later a long time ago, but from what I remember I quite enjoyed it. Don't expect a cinematic masterpiece ofcourse, but it had its moments. I liked the post apocalyptic setting, the story was quite original.

I remember it really scared me at 2-3 times (but then again, I'm a pussy).

Famine
February 27, 2006, 11:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Ebby Quote:Originally posted by ?28 days later was a good movie, Famine your just a prick...

Do you think that'd be a movie worth renting?

Scifi had a marathon recently for zombie movies. Of course none of them were really that good, just very entertaining on the corny side.

Bad Taste > Most stuff.

Rent that.

?
February 28, 2006, 9:04 pm
Ebby yes rent 28 days later but if your just getting into zombie movies I suggest Goerge Romero films like the original dawn of the dead, its what got me into zombie movies :D

edak
February 28, 2006, 9:22 pm
Shaun of the dead rox

damnnation
February 28, 2006, 9:46 pm
seen shaun of the dead again today, i think it's getting worser and worser the moer you see it...

a-4-year-old
February 28, 2006, 10:17 pm
 Quote: undead

this topic is undead.

paramud
March 1, 2006, 5:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by semagaebooks i've read/reading:
zombie survival guide(own/finished)
Yeah, same here. Right now I'm rereading it for the third time.