( search forums )
Dynamic Flag Spawn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Beren
February 25, 2006, 7:44 pm
What if the each team had more than one flag spawn (3's a good number), all in the same general area but a little ways away from each other.
Each time the flag was returned or capped, it would go to a different spawn point. It could be a cycle, or even better, random.
This would prevent that guy from getting that quick cap that occurs after his team just capped and all his enemies are down at his base, ya know? Also I think it mich just spice things up a little bit, and make for creative mapping ideas.

bja888
February 25, 2006, 8:00 pm
There would have to be a new game mode for it. It woulden't be the same gameplay as CTF. Not a bad idea though. I would have to play it to see if I like it.

Leo Da Lunerfox
February 25, 2006, 8:19 pm
It's possible already, just put 2 flags of the same color in different places. This is proven to have worked in one of Vitch's maps.

Keron Cyst
February 26, 2006, 1:51 am
But if they're in drastically different areas, the flag tends to locate itself at one point more than the other (at least, according to my testing)...

Vijchtidoodah
February 26, 2006, 3:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxIt's possible already, just put 2 flags of the same color in different places. This is proven to have worked in one of Vitch's maps.

If I remember correctly, when people tried my map online it generally glitched out and stopped working. It does, however, work in single player.

Nuts
March 4, 2006, 9:51 pm
This is good idea, just because of this thing: "yay! i just wait in here for the flag!"

In infilration that random flag places would rock, so its not so easy to catch the flag, but also harder to defend... But not if you make good map for that kind of playing.

LawSuit
March 9, 2006, 2:37 am
This is an excellent idea, similar to several other games I've played.
Though this would be an interesting improvement, it would either require a total reformat of existing maps, or a whole new set. This is a lot of trouble for a small improvement, since most people are already okay with the current settings.
If you can make a map yourself that works, then I'd be glad to try.

kevman
March 9, 2006, 5:16 am
i like the idea, but then theres the issue that a team will just split up and goto every possible spawn point there is

Nuts
March 9, 2006, 12:34 pm
Yeah, but if you make maps good, you dont need to camp on every flag spawn points.

vash763
March 10, 2006, 7:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by LawSuitThis is an excellent idea, similar to several other games I've played.
Though this would be an interesting improvement, it would either require a total reformat of existing maps, or a whole new set. This is a lot of trouble for a small improvement, since most people are already okay with the current settings.
If you can make a map yourself that works, then I'd be glad to try.

No it wouldn't.