( search forums )
(-ETA-)(-Site-)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Web Pages
Ken the Great
February 26, 2006, 12:45 am
Ching

This is the first own made site I have published as a complete site(I have made about 10 .psd "sites" so far, trying to get better).

You might think it sucks, and if you do, I'd like to know what I should do better and so, since I'm kinda newbie with making sites.

->Ken the Great

DePhille
February 27, 2006, 10:06 am
This site really pops out of the others , we only get such a site once a month or even maybe less. This site has got no template and has a nice look that blends with the whole page. The community should make more of these instead of using clantemplates.com or just a forum or just phpNuke

I can always critisize a webpage so here I'll go. The images are saved in .png format. In my experience it is better that you save them in .gif or .jpg. If you really want a very very detailed banner you could go with .jpg , all the rest can be .gif. Knowing that you have Adobe Photoshop the gifs should come out almoast as nicely as the .png with less size and less buggyness in IE vs FF. Also, I think you should size down the copyright , just make it a standard font , no fancyness and make it small yet readable. Now I'm going to give some experimental comments ,which you should test and decide for yourself if theyare better or not, try splitting the left and right boxes with a space between them , like 10px. And try not centering your text in the main contents table.

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 11:26 am
I love youre sites Theyre so nice

Noisy Huntah
March 12, 2006, 11:33 am
In my opinion the shoutbox is too small... Could you make it bigger?

Ken the Great
March 14, 2006, 12:51 pm
the shoutbox code I found kinda sux.. I can't change it too much, I would like to have it full size but I didn't find any code for it, now it's a separate table on the shoutbox table.. would need some help with that I guess

Mäjsseli
March 25, 2006, 4:31 pm
Yeah. I agree with u DePhille. It is very rare to find good self-coded web pages. Everybody uses clantemplates. Nice job Ken.
Maybe doo better images. Use your photoshop skills to make awesome images.

Kursed
March 28, 2006, 7:50 pm
Pretty Good! Alot better than most first 'complete' websites. ^_^ Keepit up and do what the others have suggested.

Ken the Great
April 6, 2006, 4:15 pm
I have made a new design now, only problem I got is that the shoutbox (Which is disabled at the site, testing it privately), have font color black, but I'd want it to be white, the shoutbox I'm using is ShoutPro and I've looked into all possible files in it and looked for entrys, only I found was the .css file, where I changed the font color to #FFFFFF but it didn't work somehow.. help? thanks. ;)

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:33 pm
where do ppl get the headers? there so good, unlike mine :'(

rabidhamster
April 7, 2006, 11:38 pm
They make them? Photoshop isn't too hard to get a hold of, as long as you have a friend who's a photographer or somethin.

Ken the Great
April 17, 2006, 2:06 pm
New site design once again, everything should work perfectly now.. tell me what you think =)

Mäjsseli
April 27, 2006, 6:26 pm
I think the are awesome. :D GJ m8
Back to the 80's :D

Ken the Great
May 1, 2006, 7:15 pm
And once again I have made a new site design xD