( search forums )
DM_Elysium
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
VirtualTT
February 27, 2006, 12:43 am
dm_Elysium
by VirtualTT
Overview | [url="http://sml.u13.net?p=mapdl&map=159">Download

Description: I've been always wandering to create a cloudy map - and now here it is. Maybe gameplay is not perfect, but i think the visual style is very unusual.

Waypoints: yes
Recommended Players: 1-2
Date Uploaded: 02-26-2006

Overview:
[IMAGE]
http://sml.u13.net/maps/overview/elysium_01.jpg (106.65 KB)

Additional screenshots:
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

** Download **
(N/A)

Post "automated" by SML
--Please visit SML for more maps/resources/tutorials: http://sml.u13.net

Eagles_Arrows
February 27, 2006, 1:11 am
Without all those little squares, I would find this map totally confusing!

Really interesting theme, but all that white can hurt someone's eyes, y'know?

rabidhamster
February 27, 2006, 2:42 am
a pretty map, but where are all the storm clouds?

thekingkitty
February 27, 2006, 7:44 am
its so bright i can barely see!!

Deleted User
February 27, 2006, 12:53 pm
Wow battle in heaven?

Deleted User
February 27, 2006, 3:13 pm
Lol, like in heaven. I like it. But looks a bit confusing.

Raptor
February 27, 2006, 3:37 pm
When taking an overall screenshot of a map, turn off the points...
I like the clouds scenery and it has a nice gameplay. But it's too white x__X

DeMonIc
February 27, 2006, 4:12 pm
Do you realise that by trying so hard to make the map look like a pretty cloud formation, you created something unplayable? It would make one's eyes bleed on a four player deathmatch, with bullets screeching unseen everywhere.

The Geologist
February 27, 2006, 4:27 pm
^^^ Agreed.

Besides...clouds aren't just blank white masses. They have depth and shape, subtle color or shade. Just glancing outside, I've spotted a few clouds with various shades of grey and light blue (where the cloud runs thin). This would go a loooonngggg way in making your map less blinding.

Soulsnipa
February 27, 2006, 5:12 pm
and they cast shadows onto each other.

Notkeiran
February 27, 2006, 5:41 pm
Fluffy :). I will try to play it, hopefully it doesn't hurt my eyes.

Keron Cyst
February 27, 2006, 6:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist^^^ Agreed.

Besides...clouds aren't just blank white masses. They have depth and shape, subtle color or shade. Just glancing outside, I've spotted a few clouds with various shades of grey and light blue (where the cloud runs thin). This would go a loooonngggg way in making your map less blinding.

Yeah, that's true; clouds are literally just masses of floating water particles, and water's not totally white.

And why are there points in the blue, open area of the map?... oO'

EDIT BTW, to everyone else who asked: Elysium is heaven according to Greek mythology.

rainrider
February 27, 2006, 7:16 pm
Too white. Really. You could add some blue, silver and smoke colored clouds on that white.

Soulsnipa
February 27, 2006, 9:30 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist^^^ Agreed.

Yeah, that's true; clouds are literally just masses of floating water particles, and water's not totally white.

And why are there points in the blue, open area of the map?... oO'

EDIT BTW, to everyone else who asked: Elysium is heaven according to Greek mythology.

no one asked but whatever

The Geologist
February 27, 2006, 10:36 pm
Thanks for that useless little update Soul.

An idea just popped up, VirtualTT...what if, instead of that stark blue sky, you tried something of a few different hues, like a sunset? Might be easier on the eyes, and a little better for adding some character to the clouds. The more I look at the map in polyworks, the more that background just doesn't agree with me.

numgun
February 28, 2006, 1:25 am
wow, thats an unusual map :)
too bad it gets a little dirty after a few soldats bang each others and throw blood! xD

John O
March 2, 2006, 12:16 am
bullets are white, so i think this blows. but cool idea and design, i just dont think it works.

Deleted User
March 2, 2006, 4:09 am
good concept

bad execution

Mikeman
March 2, 2006, 6:32 am
Where is the sun?!?! :D

darkmatie
March 2, 2006, 6:56 pm
iwould say lack of shading but where would the shadow need to be placed with all that white lol