( search forums )
sound and music = gone
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
February 27, 2006, 6:39 pm
well, i was reluctant to report this, because theres a chance its not at all a soldat bug but just something that has to do with my setup.

still, ive been experiencing it very often lately, just about every day, so I figure, better report it and see if youre not alone.

also, pls note that I did use the forum search but did not find anything relating to my specific problem, so if I did miss something, I apologize in advance.

anyhow, the symptoms of my problem are rather simple:
After a certain (usually 1hour+) time of constant playing my sound and music (m3u playlist) goes completely dead, and the only way (that i know of) to reinitialize it, is to exit soldat and then start it again.

system specs:
EPoX 8RDA6+PRO
AMD Athlon XP 3200+
2x256MB TwinMos Twister PC3200 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT @ 1024*768*32Bit @ 100Hz ; Driver: 6.14.10.8195 RAM: 128MB
Realtek AC'97 Audio (onboard sound)
Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 Version: 5.0.2195

any help or experiences with this problem?

_Mancer_
March 1, 2006, 1:01 pm
Something like this happens to me too, but when I have ventrilo open. If I open ventrilo during soldat already open all sound shuts down and I have to restart soldat to get them to work again. It pisses me off because I can't look at the ventrilo screen or my sound will die

rabidhamster
March 1, 2006, 7:54 pm
the solution: windows 2000. the same thing happens to me after 45-50 minutes.

Mikeman
March 2, 2006, 6:25 am
I lost sounds and music when I run windows media player on the background and change song with keyboard's hotkeys. That is when I lose sounds, but they work after I restart Soldat.
and btw this happends usually when I run Soldat in windowed :)

dr.ON
March 2, 2006, 11:38 am
hmm, specific prob. I think u should test ur sound card, i mean reinstall drivers or OS(if it's possible).

Deleted User
March 17, 2006, 10:14 am
dr.ON: yeah... ive been expecting this to be the general consensus ;)

still, thanks for all your replies.