( search forums )
CTF DM Lakeside FINAL
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
SakAttak
February 28, 2006, 9:21 pm
The Beta version was posted quite a while ago, and I hope there's still some interest in a final version. I changed the graphics a bit (added a couple new rock sceneries to replace the overused support.bmp, smoothed some of the lower ledges, resized the hanging structures a little, etc.) and made a few other minor tweaks to the ctf map. The deathmatch map has been totally reworked by adding cliffside tunnels to either side. Note that the DM version is more of an extra and the effort was mainly put into the CTF map, though I am interested in any feedback regarding the DM version.

ctf_Lakeside:
-Supports ctf only
-NOT waypointed

Lakeside:
-Supports all modes except inf, htf, and ctf
-NOT waypointed

ctf_Lakeside overview:

[IMAGE]

Additional screens:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4

Lakeside overview:

[IMAGE]

Additional screens:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

DOWNLOAD

And again, thanks to SERIAL KILLeR for making the light scenery pack.

.Twelve
February 28, 2006, 9:45 pm
I saw the Beta earlier and I agree with the responses other people gave. It is a very fun map and I would love to see it more often on server. It looks better now. =D

GluLm
February 28, 2006, 10:54 pm
You did well by replacing the support sceneries... these new pillars look way better!
The muddy and dark look of these maps is very pleasing. I still especially like the two hanging rocks in the ctf version.
The DM version is pretty good to play, but I'd say you can fully enjoy it with at least 4 other players.
Nice! :)

Deleted User
February 28, 2006, 11:01 pm
Awesome map! Very nice to look at, great shadows and contrast!
Does this map have any or little yet tho?
Do you die when you get down to the bottom?

Soulsnipa
February 28, 2006, 11:18 pm
some of your shading is kind of awkward where exactly the light source is coming from....notice in the ctf map ...the top part of the map. The triangle floating platforms...the one on the right is shaded very nicely but for some reason the one on the left has half of it being light...i think places like this would look best shaded just like the right one was.

Brillmongo
March 1, 2006, 11:06 am
Damn, this looks secksy, just a little odd shading in some places.

John O
March 2, 2006, 12:20 am
rocket sauce. the old one owned, as the new. now where is kc to waypoint.

SakAttak
March 2, 2006, 12:30 am
Thanks for the comments. As far as shading goes, I'm done with this map, but I've come a whole lot farther in shading since Lakeside. I've been developing modeling techniques that allow for really nice shading without pushing the polygon count TOO high. Lakeside was more of an experiment, and I think some of the odd shading comes from the fact that much of it wasn't planned in advance. I'm working on a multitextured map now that I'm pretty excited about, and I think the visuals will be a lot more... coherent than this one.

Soulsnipa
March 2, 2006, 3:56 am
great to hear looking forward to your next map.

darkmatie
March 2, 2006, 6:59 pm
muv luv luc the map, only sad very good maps , nor extremely bad maps dont get much used in online games...
especially not in realistic, the only server that really uses maps is leo's ...

3rd_account
March 16, 2006, 9:14 pm
Could someone upload grass5.1.bmp, it wasn't included in the download, yet it [CENSORED]es 'bout it.