( search forums )
Just some Soldat Scripts
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
ZeroTruths
March 1, 2006, 1:58 am
I've been wanting to make some sort of program for soldat that was fresh, original... and not already done (Actually, i had another hidden motive. I've been wanting to make some Soldat programs using a program called AutoIt. So I figured, 'what the heck, why not?').

So, while lounging around the forums and playing the uberest game ever (Soldat, duh) I realised what was needed (or at least what I wanted).
Sometimes, I want to play on a specific map to test it out... but other times, I just want to play Soldat for the fun of it.

So here was my solution: I made a program called Soldat Rndm Maps.
It doesn't MAKE maps, but rather it RANDOMIZES the order of RANDOM maps based on the type of game mode and # of maps.

Also, included in the zip file, is another program I made called Soldat MOTD that will take 3 random lines from a txt file and put them in the 'greetings' lines in the soldat.ini file (it creates a backup as well)

These programs can be decompiled, examined, read, edited,etc. with a scripting program called AutoIt (really siple and easy to get a hang of).

ANY IMPROVEMENTS WELCOMED

And now for the link: http://one.fsphost.com/zerotruths/Scripts/Soldat%20Scripts.zip

Enjoy...
(For those of you who want programs to be made, I might be able to help; just pm me or send requests to Sequence_Zero@yahoo.com)

GAMEOVER
March 1, 2006, 2:14 am
Cool idea, dont think its been touched before however I dont think it will hit it off as big as it could because on servers you can set the map rotation in a random fashion. Still a great idea though might be perfect as an addon to server apps such as ARSSE.

ZeroTruths
March 1, 2006, 2:25 am
It's ok, I don't mind. I just wanted to get back with my roots in AutoIt and learn some new stuff. I'd say it went well ;D

rabidhamster
March 1, 2006, 3:09 am
psst: your sig is too big zero.

great scripts, love the ideas.

ZeroTruths
March 1, 2006, 4:03 am
rabidhamster: psst:woops :D
o and btw, your sig, nice job w/ the reverse sycology :D

and thx