( search forums )
Bounty mode...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
March 2, 2006, 1:36 pm
Ive searched this one, didnt find anything, but still, correct me if im wrong... ^^

Okay here it is, this is a regular deathmatch/teammatch with the twist that you get higher points for killing those that are in the lead. while the ones that gets killed loses the points you gained from em!

You get the most points if you kill those that are ahead of you in the score, and while you do that, the people you kill will also lose an amouth of points you get for killing them, how much depending of how far back you where in the score and how far in the front the one you killed where.

Example: you are in the last place with like 0 points (you've recently joined) and the one in first place has say 38, if you kill him youll get like half of his score. like if you steal it from him... *CAS-SHING!!!* youve reached the fith place and the one that whas recently in the first place has lost the lead!

So when you are in the lead, you wont get much points for killing people since they are in lower places than you are, but you still have to stay alive to keep your points (and try to make a living on killing small frys... while alot of small frys tries to kill you).
like if you are in the lead, you need 1-3 kills to get ONE point....

People will then spend most of their effort in hunting down the people that has the higher score while at the same time staying alive so they dont lose the score they have. in other words, bounty hunting.....

Since they all go for the biggest turky, and makes sure the smaller turkeys dont get a bite from em!

The amouth of points gained/lost when getting killed/kill someone depending of placement in the scoreboard is negociatble.....

Deleted User
March 6, 2006, 5:58 pm
I've not seen this before, sounds fun :) reminds me a lot of the coin mode from Super Smash Bros Melee, which was pretty cool (albeit hardly played between my friends).

Yuth
March 6, 2006, 9:29 pm
When I read "Bounty mode" I thought you meant like in Rambo Match, you go after one guy.
But this was way better, I like it. *Thumb Up*

rabidhamster
March 6, 2006, 9:42 pm
aw cmon, i was just about to post this! >:(

this was my idea: it is a mode such as survival or advance, so that it could be put into any game type. everyone starts the game with two points. if they die, they respawn with the same amount of points they had when they died, rounded up (you'll understand the rounding part in a moment). whenever they kill someone, half of the victim's score gets added to their own, to prevent cheap tactics, such as waiting till the end of the round, then immediatly killing the dewd with the highest score, and winning. eventually, everyone would be getting scores like 536. it'd be fun, and interesting.

edit: aw, what is that about, you even had the half score addition idea! :( :( :( :(

Antifate
March 6, 2006, 10:26 pm
Fun, but all those people going after one guy... Weird. Also, I'd feel sorta pissed if I was in the lead, and I get killed by a camper or some other horrible death. I mean losing 1/2 of my HARD EARNED points because I tripped on a nade!?

zyxstand
March 6, 2006, 11:18 pm
if i were*

the problem is that there's a very good chance that you'll get killed by someone of low score - don't try to argue that "if you're really good then you shouldn't" cuz it happens. and if one were to lose half his points due to someone else's luck that wouldn't be very fair.

I do like the idea though, but it's hard to give out points in a fair manner.

Why don't you add another twist:
if you kill someone that's 50% or below where you are on the list (say you're 10/20 and you kill someone who's 15 or below) then you actually lose a point or more depending on how low you go. (ie again: if you're 24/40 people (means 16 below you), if you kill anyone who's 32/40 or worse on the stats, then you lose points.) if you kill last place then you lose points nomatter what.

The main problem that both (mine and the original) have in common is that noobs will come in and start killing randomly not really caring why they never get good scores AND it'll be hard to keep track of scores esp. in big servers.

There are better game modes out there that Michal should create before this one and along with the problems, I'm giving this a thumbs down.

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 11:49 pm
oooh a fun mode!

i just wish people would play a mode like this, but so many noobs will be like "lol pwn, i gots first!" and than get killed and all like "WTF IM IN FOURTH!! OMFG HAX!"

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 11:55 pm
This is really easy to implement.

Do it Michal!

LawSuit
March 7, 2006, 3:44 am
Hi, I'm new.
I think this is a great idea personally, and I also think it's like the Coin Match in SSBM. This kind of mode sounds like a load of fun, especially if it also had a team mode, or something. In this bounty mode, everyone's ranks would rocket and plummet over and over, but I'd enjoy it.
If it is put into the game, I'd expect it to be more of a "teaming-up on the bully" kind of match, where the "small-fries" would definately team up on the leader. I predict the points to be unstable, but would lead to more of an [f(x)=e^-X] sort of equation, where the leader has a huge amount, while the lower players are way low in the scales. Though this would be fun, there will almost always be someone looking down on you, unless there is some kind of balance. Yes, I know the points are going to be distributed, but the guys that kill the leaders will be at the top of the graph, with a higher chance of winning than the guys down low. The half-pints will have a chance at victory also, but will be short lived in the long run (about 1 minute :P)
Well, I have no clue what I've said, and its late, so prove me wrong, I'll scrounge up some kind of excuse or something.

Meevious
March 7, 2006, 5:18 am
I like the idea, but wouldn't it be better if the person who is shot doesn't lose points, the assasin only gains them, really if you are amazingly good, youre bound to get smashed in a large match if you lose that many points for being shot, every single time you are killed, you will definately lose the lead, as the nasty little minigun spammer will be even with you.

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 5:28 am
*thumbs up*
yeh, it would be a downer to be hit by a camper, but that is what would make it fun, fast paced, it wouldn't really rely on skill so much as it would on awarness of where people are and the best routes for points

Drink Bloody Water
March 7, 2006, 12:01 pm
I would use a Ruger so many [CENSORED]ing times lol.

zyxstand
March 7, 2006, 9:49 pm
it definitely isn't easy to implement. part of the process to implement something is to make it fair. a lot of random killings occur in soldat... even the best players get killed sometimes by the worst players - that doesn't mean that he's not a good player - it jsut happens! losing half your score for that wouldn't really prove to be fair...

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:36 pm
Yeah, I like this idea too. Could be fun, and pretty challenging.

Koon
March 7, 2006, 11:56 pm
I really like the free for all game modes but seeing how there is only 2 right now and no one plays pointmatch It would be really nice to have another.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:50 am
Won't get played.

Just like HTF, Rambo, and PM..

Zegovia
March 13, 2006, 11:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsteraw cmon, i was just about to post this! >:(

this was my idea: it is a mode such as survival or advance, so that it could be put into any game type. everyone starts the game with two points. if they die, they respawn with the same amount of points they had when they died, rounded up (you'll understand the rounding part in a moment). whenever they kill someone, half of the victim's score gets added to their own, to prevent cheap tactics, such as waiting till the end of the round, then immediatly killing the dewd with the highest score, and winning. eventually, everyone would be getting scores like 536. it'd be fun, and interesting.

edit: aw, what is that about, you even had the half score addition idea! :( :( :( :(

That would only be if you kill the one leading when you are in last place... but it is discussionable... (is that even a word?) :P

I think this gamemode would provide good challenge even for excperienced players when facing of against beginners. ;)

And think of it, an good ol deathmatch battle where everyone kills anyone that gets in the way, totall mess and carnage everywhere, you wouldnt have much time to pick the one person who is leading amongst all the others playing, you have to defend yourself against the ones that you are leading over so you dont get killed and loses your score. XD

You would learn not to take everything for granted, for that even the most pesky soccom camper can ruin your day.... ;P

And a SUCIDE would make you lose ALL of your score! DUN DUN DUUUN!! O_o'

Gain money (in this case points.) and try to keep it, thats the bounty hunter way!

Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldoooh a fun mode!

i just wish people would play a mode like this, but so many noobs will be like "lol pwn, i gots first!" and than get killed and all like "WTF IM IN FOURTH!! OMFG HAX!"

You understood this quickly, good boy! ^^

tRaQs
March 18, 2006, 4:55 am
Needs some more development, but my bets are that it could turn out great! :D

Reminds me a bit of the coing mode too(SSBM)

Mini G Master
March 30, 2006, 3:00 am
That'll be challlenging.

I LIEKZ ITZ.

Hmm..Bounty hunter mode...(thinks Boba Fett) Meh.

It'll be a makeover for DM.

Zegovia
March 30, 2006, 11:52 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Mini G MasterThat'll be challlenging.

I LIEKZ ITZ.

Hmm..Bounty hunter mode...(thinks Boba Fett) Meh.

It'll be a makeover for DM.

AND teammatch! ;)