( search forums )
ctf_KingOfTheHill(uncomplete,help)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Isis
March 2, 2006, 6:04 pm
Hi All SoldatdatCommunity.There goes my 1st map.It isnt fully completed yet.I need some polygon help.Here comes the screenie:

Ctf_King of THe hill

[IMAGE]

also,Make comments abut map.Ill decide if I shall continue.

Download Link[for those who wannna help me solve those polys:) ]

[URL]

Hope You guys can help me and fix this!

Deleted User
March 2, 2006, 6:12 pm
hi.. try some shading. and that bunker is misplaced:p

Isis
March 2, 2006, 6:15 pm
Well,yes.I tried to make a tunnel.Anywyas you guys will never want to play here becouse Polys really a big problem.Anyone fixin'?

darkmatie
March 2, 2006, 6:50 pm
shading needed , and fix it? you are better of restarting ... as you would only do double work

SakAttak
March 2, 2006, 7:00 pm
First of all, I'm new here myself but I think this belongs in a different forum.
I downloaded the map and, well... when you said you had polygon problems you weren't kidding. The way you've set up the polys on that hill not only creates way too many than you need, but it will also make any sort of decent shading almost completely impossible. Your scenery choices aren't too great either. Try playing a little with size and different shades. I can't think of any way to "fix" the polygons aside from starting over. You might want to look at some mapping tutorials.
I went ahead and spent a couple minutes remaking your map to help give you some idea of how you might arrange the polygons (I used almost 100 less polygons than your map). By the way, I used Polyworks to make it but you could do the same thing with mapmaker.

Check it out

Brillmongo
March 2, 2006, 7:02 pm
This is exactly why you should use polyworks, it automatically snaps the polys together, no more poly problems.

Isis
March 4, 2006, 6:05 pm
By the way,Any way to learn shading? I mean Tutorials,lessons..etc?

rabidhamster
March 4, 2006, 6:31 pm
use polyworks, and connect all your polygon corners together, and you won't need a tutorial. it just comes second nature after a couple minutes.

Raptor
March 4, 2006, 11:41 pm
Make it bigger, polygons smoother and a better bgcolor =)

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 11:45 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by IsisBy the way,Any way to learn shading? I mean Tutorials,lessons..etc?

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=31554