( search forums )
Faster Weapon Switching
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Yuth
March 3, 2006, 12:35 am
When switching from Primary to Knife/Chainsaw while turning; it doesn't switch.
For this matter I was thinking the switching should be much quicker.
(Like 1 millisecond)

Aye ?

bja888
March 3, 2006, 2:50 am
I think its fine. Too fast and you will get glitches.

DT
March 3, 2006, 6:49 am
Or mabye the lighter the weapon.. the faster the switching speed?
THAT would be more realistic

bja888
March 3, 2006, 7:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DTOr mabye the lighter the weapon.. the faster the switching speed?

That sounds good to me! Speed is determined by weapon length.

numgun
March 3, 2006, 10:57 am
yes! this is very needed. because there are lots of situations u have to take out ur knife and press the throw button immediatly...
and most of these situations end up with me throwing my m79 instead of the knife : X

it would be cool if it would be faster by 3-5 milliseconds.

bja888
March 3, 2006, 6:44 pm
^ ummm... dude. Thats a problem with your primary weapon, not your secondary.

I need to quickly switch to knife to catch the guy running away from me.

numgun
March 3, 2006, 11:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888^ ummm... dude. Thats a problem with your primary weapon, not your secondary.

I need to quickly switch to knife to catch the guy running away from me.

no, it is a problem with my secondary AND my primary, coz i throw away my primary and my knife remains unwielded.... DUUDE!!!1 >: /

Dark_Noddy
March 4, 2006, 12:29 am
How about we add a button for switching to a third weapon wich automaticly kills all your enemies and gets U the flag so U can cap ? now THAT would be awsome....

bja888
March 4, 2006, 4:20 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Dark_NoddyHow about we add a button for switching to a third weapon wich automaticly kills all your enemies and gets U the flag so U can cap ? now THAT would be awsome....

Hax!

Nuts
March 4, 2006, 1:09 pm
Yeah, thats been problem to me too.

It doesnt switch the weapon if you press throw or shoot buttons while switching.

It is more better if it would not stop switching if you press any keys.

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 1:32 pm
No its fine now!

Yuth
March 4, 2006, 1:44 pm
It's just a small problem I have when switching to Knife/Chainsaw.
I would say it's a BIG problem, as it happens very often in game.

You don't have time to switch to knife and stab someone, only to switch to knife and throw.
I just think that's lame, it should be faster so you can quickly switch and stab someone rushing by.

The only time you can stab someone is if they're standing COMPLETELY STILL.
Or when you have the knife in your hand, which is 10% during a match.

Same thing with chainsaw, you ALMOST can't switch and strike them down with that either.
It's a tad too slow.

But that's not the real problem, the real problem is that it doesn't switch if you turn in the same time.

derBonobo
March 7, 2006, 6:34 pm
agree, faster switching would be nice

bja888
March 7, 2006, 7:19 pm
What about dropping weapon lets you pull your secondary out faster. In theory it would be easier to drop a sniper rifle and pull out a knife then to strap it to your back and pull out a knife.

Brillmongo
March 7, 2006, 7:54 pm
One thing that annoys me is that you can't change weapons while you're crouching and shuffling around.

Yuth
March 15, 2006, 4:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DT

Or mabye the lighter the weapon.. the faster the switching speed?

Quote:Originally posted by bja888

What about dropping weapon lets you pull your secondary out faster. In theory it would be easier to drop a sniper rifle and pull out a knife then to strap it to your back and pull out a knife.

Let's not think too realistic, Soldat is a shooting game, not a strategy game.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 10:57 am
Extreme problem with me... when changing from Barrett to SOCOM... i jump backwards when i miss a enemy from camping and i try to pull out SOCOM i try shooting and nothing comes out... i look at my soldat and its still holding its damn Barrett and i die by then... though the time it takes to switch weapons is quite realistic... in real life would YOU take 1 millisec to switch?

a-4-year-old
March 22, 2006, 9:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by l33t lamZz0r c4mp3rExtreme problem with me... when changing from Barrett to SOCOM... i jump backwards when i miss a enemy from camping and i try to pull out SOCOM i try shooting and nothing comes out... i look at my soldat and its still holding its damn Barrett and i die by then...

too bad for you, and to all the other people that are trying to hard to kill people, wait so you dont throw away your gun trying to knife them.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 27, 2006, 11:49 am
Also on my laggy computer i need to hold the damn switch weapon button for like 3 secs before i cahnge!!!

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:48 pm
I think in regular, non Realistic, make it a lil faster.
In realistic, make it stay the same.

I do think that it would cause a glitch if the switch weapon speed was a millisecond