( search forums )
Spectating
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
digi
March 3, 2006, 6:25 am
It would be nice if you could see the amount of health, jet fuel, ammo, and type of gun the person you are following has.

Swebonny
March 3, 2006, 2:48 pm
Oh yeah thats a great idea :) Even if I dont spectact so much ;)

person
March 3, 2006, 3:14 pm
Yeah sounds like a nice feature.

-VzX- Silverflame
March 3, 2006, 3:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by digiIt would be nice if you could see the amount of health, jet fuel, ammo, and type of gun the person you are following has.

excellent idea!!! lets get on to this so this post doesnt die out :P maybe MM will do this in the next version!

blackdevil0742
March 3, 2006, 6:47 pm
So the person that spectate can exploit the health to other opponents..guess my anwser..NO!

-VzX- Silverflame
March 3, 2006, 7:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742So the person that spectate can exploit the health to other opponents..guess my anwser..NO!

-__-; well maybe not for pub servers, then maybe private ones, or for major CW's? then maybe?

Deleted User
March 3, 2006, 7:50 pm
In clanwars it can definetly be abused when clans are using Vent or some other type of microphone communication. You can tell how much health/nades the person. Id rather keep this information to myself when playing.

lithium
March 3, 2006, 8:10 pm
Serverside and clientside option perhaps...

But as has been said, in the age of Ventrilo this can be heavily abused if it's implemented...but then again clans that use Vent can already cheat by ghosting, so I dun think it would really make THAT much more of a difference.

Swarmer
March 3, 2006, 8:10 pm
You could just have it as a server option. And knowing an enemys health doesn't matter that much. You just shoot at them until they die, right? I don't think anyone is going to waste thier time by sitting in a game watching peoples health and nade count. It will be a tiny tiny advantage, probably none at all.

I think it is a good idea, and should also be implemented in demos. Demos should show the players health and nade count. You should post it in the 2 hour thread.

digi
March 3, 2006, 9:17 pm
You can already generally tell how much health a person has left
no blood = full health
some blood = some health
gushing blood = almost dead
Also, you can tell if someone has nades left, because the person's belt would show if there are anymore nades

[edit]
and if you have a problem with spectators cheating, just don't allow spectators to watch the clan war.

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 5:07 pm
how about this: you can only follow and see your teammates' info

I'm all for it. It'll make waiting when you die early during a survival game round slightly less boring.

Raptor
March 5, 2006, 12:06 am
I agree with this idea, it would be very useful and I hope this gets implemented in the next soldat version :)

bond_james_bond
March 5, 2006, 3:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shoeshow about this: you can only follow and see your teammates' info

I'm all for it. It'll make waiting when you die early during a survival game round slightly less boring.

i think this is how it normally is... But anyways, this is definitely a good idea

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 5:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by blackdevil0742So the person that spectate can exploit the health to other opponents..guess my anwser..NO!

That's the point of it, dude.

I approve.

LawSuit
March 8, 2006, 4:02 am
CAN introduce problems, like exploits, but would be an excellent idea nonetheless.
I mean, exploitation like THAT isn't too bad- You're going to die sooner or later.
Seems like the sort of thing MM forgot- not too important or noticeable.
I think it won't really matter, since you can tell a guy's health by the blood on them, 6/10