( search forums )
reservd server slots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
March 3, 2006, 2:28 pm
you may say this is a direct rip from battlefield 2 - and you're right:

the idea is to have extra slots reserved on servers so that when the server is full, some slots will still be open to registered members only.

FliesLikeABrick
March 3, 2006, 2:43 pm
make those "members" admins, problem solved

Ok
March 3, 2006, 3:30 pm
Do you really want to have so many admins just so they can go in and play?

DePhille
March 3, 2006, 3:32 pm
Also , if this gets implemented make sure that the capacity of the server is the number of players it can take WITHOUT the extra serverslot.
Like in CS:S It's very annoying when you join a server which has 9/10 users then get disconnected due to slot reservation , wait some time for it to become 8/10 and find out it has TWO reserved slots.

Grtz , DePhille

lithium
March 3, 2006, 8:11 pm
^^ What he said...I kindof like this idea though.

Deleted User
March 4, 2006, 5:26 pm
i like the idea of being able to guarentee people a spot on the server, but it's a waste of space if there's an empty slot that reserved and no one takes it. Someone might be wanting to play. It's like reserving a table at a busy restaurant and not showing up.

If i took a reserved table in a restaurant and got kicked out in the middle of my meal, I'd be pissed that I couldn't finish my meal. If I got kicked out during the middle of a game in order to make room for one of the admin's friends, I'd probably be more pissed than if I were denied entry to the game when I joined.

What if you can only reserve a spot for a certain amount of time. For example, if they don't show up within 15 minutes of the time they were supposed to show up, someone will be allowed to take their spot. Like the way reserving a table at a restaurant would work.

Of course, the admin can abuse his power and kick the person with the fewest points to make room. But

rabidhamster
March 4, 2006, 6:35 pm
maybe players CAN take admin slots, but they will be notified that they are in one. if an admin joins, they get booted. if a normal player leaves before the admin joins, the admin slot player will be transferred to a normal slot.

zyxstand
March 5, 2006, 9:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shoesIt's like reserving a table at a busy restaurant and not showing up.

good point - but the fact that you are 'vip' lets you be able to do so. in this case vip = admin or vip = registered user...
it's a system that works

this will also help mm get more people to register!

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 12:07 am
and a limit for reserved,

more people would regcrack so admin only (and MM too)

zyxstand
March 10, 2006, 5:02 am
actually, the rate b/w ppl who regcrack and actually register is not affected by this. this will urge both type of ppl equally. Therefore, Michal will get more -$$$-MONEY-$$$- ...and then sell soldat...