( search forums )
Jet Styles/Options in Player Setup Screen
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Yuth
March 4, 2006, 6:07 pm
I was thinking, what about having different jet styles ?
The one which is now, and one which makes you thrust hard using all your fuel at ones.
(Faster restore than normal)

So you would do short, but yet powerful jumps using jets.
I find it annoying trying to fly to some place then losing the last tad of fuel, then falling down.

I suggest these would be two styles for now, unless you don't have any other style suggestions already.
The style which is in use now would be changed to "Jetpack", which would be behind the back.

The new jet would be replaced with the boot boosts.
 Quote:Originally posted by Yuth

The idea was that the JetBoots would have faster restore than JetPack.
It would make short or long jumps when you hit&hold right mouse button.
(Charge Up; like with Knife & Grenade)

I think it would be nice if you could switch between these as well as using just one.
Though that's not up to me, it's up to what Michal and you guys think.

My idea was to choose this in the Player Stup Screen as a Jet Style.
You could check the boxes like JetPack- And, or JetBoots.

If you check both boxes you'd be able to switch between both by hitting a button.
Though if you just check one box you'd not be able to switch.
Or if not checking any boxes you'd be left with no Jet.

Suggestions:

Quote:Originally posted by LawSuit

If you could switch, then that may be overpowering. Maybe if you can choose them like a secondary weapon...
If I'm getting the right idea, then it would be hilarious fun. (Are the boots going to give a quick, instant boost straight up?)
There are all sorts of times when this could come into use, especially in battles. My opinions are that the boost should get you to the same height as the Jet Pack, but would take much longer to charge. This would be more of an attack or escape ability, where you can quickly boost away, or get up high to throw a nade. It would introduce new possibilities, and will give many weapons a better reputation. (Namely the M79 and Spas-12) One problem may happen in Realistic if it's this way, and it's gravity. Maybe if the boots prevent falling damage?
GREAT idea, no faults (if it's the way I thought up), and would be extremely fun. 10/10

Quote:Originally posted by Zegovia

You mean like jet options, like as for clothing and hair etc...

Example:

Jet boots: the normal one...

Jet Jump: Instant boost that burns all of your fuel, making a powerfull boost. (the one yuth suggested.)

Hoover boots: dosent send you ski-high, you end up hoovering above and sertain height from the ground.....

Quote:Originally posted by Dibi Zibi

Jet speed-Improved your speed on the ground.
Gives you more speed as in running on the ground(?)

Jet landing-dosn't hurts when you will fall down(auto-use)
Jet will come automatically when you're close to ground(?)

Engine wash- If someone, standing near you(or under you), when you are using jetpack, he will hurts.

Out control- When someons hits your jet pack, you have lose control on your yet pack.

Nuts
March 4, 2006, 8:56 pm
I suggest the jetpack would be an item, which you can find in the maps.
And with jetpack you could fly like a superman, but just only for like 2-4 seconds, and you could use it only once or few times.

Antifate
March 4, 2006, 9:02 pm
Umm. Can you explain that a bit better? I really can't understand what you're getting at...

numgun
March 5, 2006, 12:41 am
i agree with the boosts, and there should be an option either u want the jetpack or jet boots or both. (both wont affect gameplay at all. exept u will be more visible as a predator)

Yuth
March 5, 2006, 4:11 pm
Yeah, using both jet styles.
But hitting a button to switch between using Jetpack or Jetboots.

LawSuit
March 10, 2006, 2:59 am
If you could switch, then that may be overpowering. Maybe if you can choose them like a secondary weapon...
If I'm getting the right idea, then it would be hilarious fun. (Are the boots going to give a quick, instant boost straight up?)
There are all sorts of times when this could come into use, especially in battles. My opinions are that the boost should get you to the same height as the Jet Pack, but would take much longer to charge. This would be more of an attack or escape ability, where you can quickly boost away, or get up high to throw a nade. It would introduce new possibilities, and will give many weapons a better reputation. (Namely the M79 and Spas-12) One problem may happen in Realistic if it's this way, and it's gravity. Maybe if the boots prevent falling damage?
GREAT idea, no faults (if it's the way I thought up), and would be extremely fun. 10/10

Yuth
March 10, 2006, 4:28 am
The idea was that the JetBoots would have faster restore than JetPack.
It would make short or long jumps when you hit&hold right mouse button.
(Charge Up; like with Knife & Grenade)

I think it would be nice if you could switch between these as well as using just one.
Though that's not up to me, it's up to what Michal and you guys think.

My idea was to choose this in the Player Stup Screen as a Jet Style.
You could check the boxes like JetPack- And, or JetBoots.

If you check both boxes you'd be able to switch between both by hitting a button.
Though if you just check one box you'd not be able to switch.
Or if not checking any boxes you'd be left with no Jet.

vash763
March 10, 2006, 7:39 am
Lawsuit's idea is better than Yuth's.

- Tek -
March 16, 2006, 4:53 am
i likw the jet boots better than having an actual back pack.

Zegovia
March 16, 2006, 8:53 am
You mean like jet options, like as for clothing and hair etc...

Example:

Jet boots: the normal one...

Jet Jump: Instant boost that burns all of your fuel, making a powerfull boost. (the one yuth suggested.)

Hoover boots: dosent send you ski-high, you end up hoovering above and sertain height from the ground.....

Yuth
March 17, 2006, 1:49 pm
Yeah, Jet Options.
Different ways of boosting yourself in the air.

Edit:
Or; Different ways of using Jet.

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 1:40 pm
Jet speed-Improved your speed on the ground.

Jet landing-dosn't hurts when you will fall down(auto-use)

Engine wash- If someone, standing near you(or under you), when you are using jetpack, he will hurts.

Out control- When someons hits your jet pack, you have lose control on your yet pack.

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 5:03 pm
I dont like this idea!