( search forums )
Gravity circles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Nuts
March 4, 2006, 6:28 pm
With these gravity circles you could make maps which are like planets, round maps, two sides where you can attack.
To make this more easier to play with, the camera would rotate to the gravity angle, so you dont need to play game upside down. It would rotate the camera smoothly into the current gravity point.
You could also make 2 planets which has own gravity circle in the middle of each planet, with low jet fuel you can "fly" into other planet, if you jump enough and fly a bit away from the ground, so the other planet gravity will take you.
There is many cool things what you can do with these gravity circles, just use imagination!

It's really easy to program, but the camera rotation and soldier animation makes it harder, because soldiers needs to be renderend into few thousands different angles (for making the rotation more smoother), but that takes just more memory usage, not anything else.
The game engine doesnt need much changes, only polygon rotation matrix (EASY).

It wont slow game at all if there is not much those gravity things.
Especially if you make planet map, you use single gravitation circle in the middle of the map, and becames really fast to calculate the gravitation to each player.

And also with many gravitation circles you could make a wind tunnel.
Imagine shooting a nade or m97 bullet in such wind tunnel! The bullet will travel in the tunnel till the tunnel ends, and sends it into enemy base or etc :))

Yuth
March 4, 2006, 6:54 pm
Wow, nice idea Nuts. *Thumb Up*

The gravity reminds me of ElastoMania, the gravity apples.

Boer
March 4, 2006, 7:31 pm
now , have you ever made a gravity based space asteriods shooter? you'll realise it is not as fun anymore when you have to take in accout grav.

*BUT* Windy enviroments is very nice. imagine caputer the flag game with wind away form your flag, making capturing difficult, but escaping easier. Being king of the hill could be nice if there is wind running downhill.

All this could be implemented with a vector field(instead when calc abolute speed to get resist, you calc speed_x-wind_x , speed_y-wind_Y) .

Maby you'll be seeing the wind, stripes of something. But all this would make the game more tactical , and since tactics is ALL in soldat, it would be more fun && challenging.

Nuts
March 4, 2006, 7:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Boer
it is not as fun anymore when you have to take in accout grav
Would you please be more precise, i didnt understand what did you mean by that...
I dont see any problems by using gravity circles.

I have made program where is gravity circles which sucks pixels, i didnt see any problems. With 7000 pixels and 20 circles the FPS rate was about 50. With 800 pixels and 20 circles FPS rate was about 250. So it doesnt slow down almost at all with low amount of objects.

Antifate
March 4, 2006, 9:03 pm
It'd be funny if it was like asteriods. Someone lobs a grenade, it circles the sun for like an hour before it explodes. Heh.

Nuts
March 5, 2006, 12:25 am
Yeah, but in bigger scale, whole map would be the surface of the "asteroid", really big one.

Anyone have reasons why this wouldnt work??
Post something relevant, ideas? Improvements? Why it wont work? Why it's not for soldat? Why it's bad? Why cant it be implemented?

Michal Marcinkowski
March 5, 2006, 10:45 pm
That would be pretty fun. The camera rotation would be very hard to do. Simple gravity circles would be really fun, I agree, but maybe for a completely new game?

rabidhamster
March 5, 2006, 10:59 pm
the camera rotation would be a b*tch, definitely, but it'd be interesting on a sidescroller plane-flying game, as the plane would always be right-side up, but the terrain wouldn't sometimes, just as in real life.

not that anyone is making a game like that though :D

Yuth
March 5, 2006, 11:07 pm
"Maybe for a completely new game" ?

It would also be nice in Soldat.
Why keep Soldat so down to earth ?

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 12:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThat would be pretty fun. The camera rotation would be very hard to do. Simple gravity circles would be really fun, I agree, but maybe for a completely new game?

Hmm.. if it is too hard, what if you would make a part of the source open? I mean the engine which handles the polygons and all relevant things to the possible rotation feature.
I just dont think it is that hard what it sounds, i need to try it myself. Maybe i'll make a "game" like that, but if i can make it well, then i'll give the source for Soldat! ;)

But, if thats not gonna happen in years, what about maps which continues forever? I mean, when you go enough to the left, you will appear from right, and so on. So it would look like it is the surface of planet. That was one part of the idea having those gravity circles.
This would add a whole new view of playing Soldat and more open feeling, you could choose 2 sides where you start running! :)
And also more easier to implement, than the gravitation thing.

Thanks for your attention Michal.

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 12:09 am
ENOUGH OF THIS GRAVITY [CENSORED]

god it is as bad as veicles, we need to get MM to tell you idiots it is never going to happen.

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 12:15 am
Michal said it would be fun, you mean he lied? :/

Why you people always flame everything... if you dont like it, dont play maps with that kind of feature. I dont get it, this doesnt affect into Soldat at all, only to the new maps gameplay.

It's like, you can choose do you play realistic mode or not, or do you play deathmatch or not. Same thing, its about your choise. You can always quit from the server, or vote new map and hope people votes for you; if it is so bad?

Yuth
March 6, 2006, 12:24 am
Nuts is right, it would be optional to play the maps with such gravity circles in them.
And it would be [CENSORED]ing awesome as well.

4-year-old, all you ever do is complain about everything ?

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 1:47 am
it would be abused like everything else that MM has given the community. (weapon mods)

realistic mode with 99999999999999999999 gravity and you idiots want it.
you know some dumbass will think it is fun and all the servers will be crappy maps with supergravity.

there would never be any good median, constantly adjusting your aim to deal with the gravity.

a grinade or m79 shell in orbit!

THIS WOULD SUCK AND YOU KNOW I AM RIGHT

(not to mention that MM doesnt update mapmaker anymore)

edit:(he didnt lie, he said for a different game) dont bend the words of the great MM

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 9:04 am
Who the heck said anything about adjusting gravity speed? Dont change the topic again. You are the only idiot in here. >_<
And i dont think people likes something like that what you just said: "99999999999999999999 gravity and realistic mode". That would probably kill every soldier immediately when they respawn.

And if you think people cant use them, we can always make editor which allows only 1-3 circles.

I dont play weapons mods with crap settings, and i always leave the server if i dont like them.
If someone will make stupid map with these gravity circles, i will not play it either.
I dont see the problem? Do you really fear everyone will use these? No. There is still servers where is no weapons mods or anything, and plays only original soldat maps.

Dont be so fu*king aggressive.
If you can only think bad things, try to for fu*ks sake think something realistic. Not like: "OMFG SUPERGRAVITY IN EVERY SERVER LOL I WONT PLAY SOLDAT ANYMORE!!!!!!". :DDDDD

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 6:53 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by NutsWho the heck said anything about adjusting gravity speed?

And i dont think people likes something like that what you just said: "99999999999999999999 gravity and realistic mode". That would probably kill every soldier immediately when they respawn.

And if you think people cant use them, we can always make editor which allows only 1-3 circles.

I dont play weapons mods with crap settings, and i always leave the server if i dont like them.

1) me
2) no [CENSORED]
3) still a problem
4)good for you, when a bunch of majors make servers will gravity and no other servers are around because they are full of players who dont want gravity, you can leave soldat.

Nuts
March 8, 2006, 7:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old4)good for you, when a bunch of majors make servers will gravity and no other servers are around because they are full of players who dont want gravity, you can leave soldat.

If they will be so popular in the all servers, doesnt that mean people loves it?

So, all what you are afraid of, is that you need to leave soldat, because there will be none of normal games on?
As i said: There is always basic servers without anything special in them.

Dont fear the new things so much :)

kevman
March 9, 2006, 4:54 am
sounds like that would be fun, but there are issues, such as if you get stuck between the "planets", or if a player mass sprays the other side from a standing point

Nuts
March 9, 2006, 12:25 pm
You cant get stuck, how else you would came in the middle point of gravity? You need speed to go in it, and you cant stop your movement with any button, only jets, but they makes you go higher. And even if you really can get stuck, you can still use jets.

And so what if someone sprays? You can spray in normal maps too. I dont see why that is an issue.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 1:05 pm
Good idea Nuts

Boer
March 9, 2006, 1:35 pm
ok but how do you escape grav circle if the camera doesnt rotate? Grav circe on its own would be rather easy to design, but since you cannot jet downwards we have a probem if the soldier doesnt rotate to face the direction of grav. like

& <-soldier cant escape

so if soldier could rotate to always land on his feet then maby this could be fun... but all this grav stuff is too difficult to play with.

oh and NUTS-> when i made a game with planets , it was much more fun to have a gobal gravity than to have localized minigrav's.

Nuts
March 9, 2006, 6:55 pm
I didnt understand your prob, the soldier direction will rotate slowly into the current gravity angle. Not like instant rotation.

Only problem what i see, is when the soldier collides to the ground, it will not always collide with his foots, because the rotation is slow. But it can be made so the soldier can fall down in weird angles, and always rise up and continue killing. But that needs more animations in the soldiers. But it can still be done :)

a-4-year-old
March 9, 2006, 7:42 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Nuts Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old4)good for you, when a bunch of majors make servers will gravity and no other servers are around because they are full of players who dont want gravity, you can leave soldat.

If they will be so popular in the all servers, doesnt that mean people loves it?

So, all what you are afraid of, is that you need to leave soldat, because there will be none of normal games on?
As i said: There is always basic servers without anything special in them.

Dont fear the new things so much :)

no, all of the normal servers will be full idiot, not the ones with gravity circles

read the damn post next time

Nuts
March 10, 2006, 11:20 am
Dont call me an idiot if you cant write english. Try to use dots and commas.

I couldnt understand that: "majors make servers will gravity and", makes no sense to me.

You start sound like an idiot. You are sending posts with full of nonsense, and then you say you ment this and not that. In finland we have a word for such idiots. Dunno what it is in english. "troublemaker" could be one alternative.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 7:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by NutsDont call me an idiot if you cant write english. Try to use dots and commas.

let me help you find them.
 Quote: POSTED BY ME ALMOST EVERYWHERE

Don't tell me not to call you an idiot if you cannot read in english.

actual ontopic point.

this idea is still retarded, still will never happen in soldat, and again, not at all possible in soldat at this time.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 7:24 pm
love the idea:) would be cool to hav this..

Kaider
March 12, 2006, 2:13 am
I like this idea, and 4 year old, who said anything about the server settings? This would be implemented in mapmaker, with the maps, not with the servers.

paramud
March 12, 2006, 3:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldthis idea is still retarded, still will never happen in soldat, and again, not at all possible in soldat at this time.

I completely agree with you there, except for a few key places.
You're [CENSORED]. You're still [CENSORED]. You're an idiot who could't pass second grade English for your life.
By the way, I can bold a lot of things to try to seem smarter, But it doesn't work.
This idea could totally work, with some work and adjustments.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 12, 2006, 4:10 am
Dude, the "PEOPLE WILL MAKE SERVERS WITH 9999999 GRAVITY AND EVERYONE WILL DO IT OMG" thing makes no sense. People could make servers where the only allowed weapon would be the chainsaw, or servers where the only map is a map where all the polys are instakill or any other stupid thing like that, but they DON'T. People could make servers with huge gravities for other games too, but they don't.

a-4-year-old
March 12, 2006, 2:00 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Kaider This would be implemented in mapmaker, with the maps, not with the servers.

even better, mapmaker is not being updated.

Nuts
March 12, 2006, 4:39 pm
I can update it.

Dude, there is many mapmakers, i could even make my own, its not so hard if you know the file format.
I'm also gonna make own map editor, because i'm not satisfied with polygon handling in the others.

And dude, if you dont know how things work, dont protest against it, it's stupid.

a-4-year-old
March 12, 2006, 9:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by NutsI can update it.

Dude, there is many mapmakers, i could even make my own, its not so hard if you know the file format.
I'm also gonna make own map editor, because i'm not satisfied with polygon handling in the others.

And dude, if you dont know how things work, dont protest against it, it's stupid.

great, if you have a way of making gravity circles WORK in soldat, you would be fine.

why even suggest it here if you want to do it yourself? how much experience do you have makeing apps or programming in general? or are you and a lot of nine year olds, get really exited that they will just learn a language and than hack the friggin world.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 12, 2006, 9:33 pm
he said he could implement it into the mapmaker, not into soldat.

Saint-Cross
March 13, 2006, 1:23 am
Weapons would basically be useless if you did this, and it'd be really confusing and annoying to move. You'd have to use like a saw or something like grenades that stick to the ground and roll since bullets would float in slo-mo. I don't think it's a good idea for Soldat.

Nuts
March 13, 2006, 11:45 am
Float in slow motion? WTF?
Bullets would go normally, but only with a small curve. The gravity circles are BIG, thats why if you shoot, it doesnt make much difference in the trajectory.

a-4-year-old
March 13, 2006, 10:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOThe said he could implement it into the mapmaker, not into soldat.

OMFG LOL AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG IM IN TEARS ROFLOLMAO

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 13, 2006, 10:58 pm
I'm obviously a moron, because I can't tell what's so funny about that.

PS. I do have programming experience.

a-4-year-old
March 14, 2006, 2:53 am
ok, *sigh* that was good.

if you just implement gravity circles into mapmaker it would not work with soldat. it would be like changeing a pen so that it writes in any color ink but all the ink does not show up on paper. you would have a really useless but cool pen.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 14, 2006, 10:36 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old
if you just implement gravity circles into mapmaker it would not work with soldat. it would be like changeing a pen so that it writes in any color ink but all the ink does not show up on paper. you would have a really useless but cool pen.

You're stating the obvious. He said he'd implement it into mapmaker, not Soldat, MM would implement it into soldat. The reason this came up is because YOU said mapmaker is no longer being updated by MM. That was your argument against gravity circles, that nobody would implement it into mapmaker. Nuts said, oh ok, I'll implement that part then.

a-4-year-old
March 15, 2006, 1:41 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOT Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old

You're stating the obvious. He said he'd implement it into mapmaker, not Soldat, MM would implement it into soldat. The reason this came up is because YOU said mapmaker is no longer being updated by MM. That was your argument against gravity circles, that nobody would implement it into mapmaker. Nuts said, oh ok, I'll implement that part then.

see that is the best part! MM is not doing this!

Nuts
March 15, 2006, 3:22 pm
Best part? You are sick dude.
And when MM said he wont do it? He said its good idea, he didnt say he wont do it. But probably he wont do it ever :)

Enough of this.

Yuth
March 15, 2006, 4:52 pm
Why don't moderators just delete the useless arguments, doesn't take long and- saves space.
Personally I think this idea is awesome.

a-4-year-old, instead of talking crap, come with ideas...
If you hate the suggestion then shut up, one post is enough.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 16, 2006, 1:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old Quote:Originally posted by Yuth
a-4-year-old, instead of talking crap, come with ideas...
If you hate the suggestion then shut up, one post is enough.

see i like to do something called brainstorm ideas and most dont make it because they are one of the following things:
1)MM will not program it ever (too complicated)
2)it would not fit in soldat
3)it is stupid (/poo /fart, stuff like that)

the last thing i suggested was a mode that made each player go through the weapons list in order, forcing them to get better at other weapons

i thought that it was a good idea and posted it.

and the reason I post more than one time is for people like you, who need things to be repeated and/or do not realise that it does not work in soldat.

people can have ideas.
just because they are bad ideas, bad ideas often lead into good ideas. Have you seen ME post any such ideas here? no. you haven't. you don't need to flame people, just because they have some creativity. this subforum was created for a reason, so that this stuff won't annoy people in other forums, so go to those other forums and stay there, and you won't ever have to hear about gravity circles again.

a-4-year-old
March 16, 2006, 8:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOTpeople can have ideas.
just because they are bad ideas, bad ideas often lead into good ideas. Have you seen ME post any such ideas here? no. you haven't. you don't need to flame people, just because they have some creativity. this subforum was created for a reason, so that this stuff won't annoy people in other forums, so go to those other forums and stay there, and you won't ever have to hear about gravity circles again.

people can have ideas, they just shouldn't post the stupid ones.
when has a bad idea ever made a good one? only when they are totally abandoned and redesigned.
do i CARE if you posted any ideas here? no i don't.
it never starts as flame, just because they have the mental capacity of a rodent doesnt mean they have to keep trying to get things like this. and these forums have some topics that i actually support, could a mod please lock this topic? because we all know that gravity circles are not happening to soldat.

Nuts
March 17, 2006, 10:19 am
Any idea can make another new idea. Thats why we shouldnt say to people: "dont post stupid ideas", define stupid?

You just dont get this. Your little mind cant handle all this "gravity circles", you just think: "NO!!! THEY MAKE NOOB OMG SERVER OMG 99999 GRAVITY OMG I CANT PLAY OMGZOR", and you cant think any good in it, thats the truth.
And now you want to lock the topic and say last words :D Thats lame, there is no reason to lock this topic.

a-4-year-old
March 18, 2006, 1:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Nuts
And now you want to lock the topic and say last words :D Thats lame, there is no reason to lock this topic.

first i want to lock the topic because this idea is pointless.

1)MM said he would not be doing this for a very long time (probably forever)
2)mapmaker is not being updated and even if you made yourself a crappy mapmaker nobody would want it
3)gravity circles would create a horrible map/s
4)soldat has gravity already
5)BUGS
6)m79 bullet in orbit (that would be kind of funny though)
7)gravity circles dont fit the "feel" of soldat at all.
8)this is one of atleast 4 "OMFG GRAVITY" topics

gravity circles are like veicles, sure it would be cool for like one minute, but with all the bugs and work it is just not worth it.

edit:
stupid ideas only create more stupid ideas.

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 1:45 pm
Stupid idea! It is not a star wars game!

Nuts
March 18, 2006, 2:55 pm
first i want to lock the topic because this idea is pointless.

1)MM said he would not be doing this for a very long time (probably forever)
2)mapmaker is not being updated and even if you made yourself a crappy mapmaker nobody would want it
3)gravity circles would create a horrible map/s
4)soldat has gravity already
5)BUGS
6)m79 bullet in orbit (that would be kind of funny though)
7)gravity circles dont fit the "feel" of soldat at all.
8)this is one of atleast 4 "OMFG GRAVITY" topics

Uh... lots of crap you are talking again.
This idea is not pointless, only your arguments are pointless. You dont have any good arguments, all is just crap. I'll fix them:

1) False. MM said it's a good idea, he didnt mention he wont do it.

2) False. You cant know how good mapmaker i can make, and if nobody wants create maps with gravity circles by using my mapmaker, it's just their problem, not mine problem.

3) False. Eh? Not if you make the maps well. Of course you can make stupid map with 100 tiny gravity circles which will just let m79 bullets to fly continously on the air. But i would make a map which has only one huge gravity circle in the middle of the map.

4) True.

5) False. New things dont automatically create bugs. Bugs can be fixed.

6) False. We are not making gravity circles floating on the air, it needs the core (ground). So the m79 bullet will just crash into the ground.

7) False. If you make the circles large enough, we dont actually notice there is any gravity circles at all. As i said, we are not making small gravity circles.

8) False. If you mean i am talking like "OMFG WE NEED GRAVITY", this is false. I made good suggestion with good details, and i even tested it by coding my own program with such gravity circles! So i am not just a noob who says his cool ideas without thinking of them. But i can see you are such person, you talk too much crap and you dont think things before arguing.

Quote:Originally posted by Dibi ZibiStupid idea! It is not a star wars game!

Eh? Read the topic again, and then think it again. I am not talking about zerogravity, spaceships or lasers.

a-4-year-old
March 18, 2006, 5:58 pm

1)
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiThat would be pretty fun. The camera rotation would be very hard to do. Simple gravity circles would be really fun, I agree, but maybe for a completely new game?

2)ok ok, true, i dont know how good of a mapmaker you can make,
3)your map would suck to.
4)yeah, so making a gravity circle like this would conflict the gravity that is already in the game that could cause bugs which would cause crappy maps.
5)ok, how would soldat handle a soldat who is in a gravity circle and gets stuck with his head on a poly and his feet hanging down?
6)circular ground?

like this. the bold is the gravity circle
(()) (that was a lot of code)
the m79 bullet would be able to orbit the "planet" polys with the gravity circle there.

7)no, if we make the gravity circles large enought, everyone gets stuck in a gravity circle.
8)no, this is one of the topics that have idiots in it saying "i wants teh lazors wit deh gravity and veicles!" not saying you are the idiot who says it, just this topic and topics like it are more prone to idiots saying "OMFG BESTEST IDEA EVAR!" no matter how many times we say it will never happen.

Nuts
March 18, 2006, 7:17 pm
1) That wasnt direct "no".
2) Yes, you are a fool.
3) Eh again, how can you know how good maps can be made.
4) Eh? use brains, if you are in gravity circle, the normal gravity wouldnt affect into you.
5) He would be just stuck, i havent seen many times when my soldat has got stuck in a poly. So i dont see that as a problem.
6) No, you just put polys in the middle point of gravity circle. (if you dont want it will orbit the gravity circle forever. And no, it wont orbit a gravity circle which has ground in the middle. it will fall down in a time. and we are not making small gravity circles, why cant you understand it??
7) Wtf? use the brains kid´o, how we can walk on earth? jesus, we are not stuck on the planet ground, aint we? No we aint. Cant you just get it? I am talking about a map like our earth is.
8) Ok. but that is not a reason why the idea is bad.

Again useless crap you are arguing about. I can broke every of your arguments with simple logic, silly.
All what you can say is: "it sucks, not for soldat". That argument i cant broke, it's just your opinion.

You seem not understand what im talking about... the gravity circle is like: O, and when you go in the circle, the gravity will affect to you.

a-4-year-old
March 19, 2006, 2:15 am
I want to kick Nuts in the nuts so bad right now!

Obviously you have a brain the size of a walnut so i will explain this one more time...

1)MM was being nice, he is not going to do this and if I have to PM him to get him to say it, I will.
2)It will suck almost as much cock as you do.
3)Because the only people who like this idea are you and your butt-buddy Yuth who also has a brain the size of a walnut.
4)Good luck coding that complication, this is as stupid as the water ideas. (dumbass)
5)Obviously you have only played soldat once and decided it needed gravity circles so badly you never played it ever again.
6)If you want it to be like Earth, than bullets could go into orbit, learn some [CENSORED]ing science you dyslexic cockroach!
7)By stuck i mean "[CENSORED]! these retarded gravity circles again!" and "Damnit the [CENSORED]ing noob made gravity circles and ruined soldat, now we have to deal with these [CENSORED]ing gravity circles."
We would just be in a circle and we could go no farther than that you twat.
8) I know it's hard for your walnut-brain to grasp this, but you created a retarded idea that sucks so much ass that it is not even funny, alright mabe a little bit

Your idea is so horrible that I will no longer waste my priceless time explaining to twats the obvious reasons why this idea and all its "veiclewhoring tardmonkeys" who bother posting "ME LIEKS TEH GRAVITY CIRCLES"

P.S. learn some Goddamn english you twat!

Raptor
March 19, 2006, 2:36 am
I wasn't going to comment on this topic, but I agree with it. It would be really nice!

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 19, 2006, 3:45 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldI want to kick Nuts in the nuts so bad right now!

Obviously you have a brain the size of a walnut so i will explain this one more time...

1)MM was being nice, he is not going to do this and if I have to PM him to get him to say it, I will.
2)It will suck almost as much cock as you do.
3)Because the only people who like this idea are you and your butt-buddy Yuth who also has a brain the size of a walnut.
4)Good luck coding that complication, this is as stupid as the water ideas. (dumbass)
5)Obviously you have only played soldat once and decided it needed gravity circles so badly you never played it ever again.
6)If you want it to be like Earth, than bullets could go into orbit, learn some [CENSORED]ing science you dyslexic cockroach!
7)By stuck i mean "[CENSORED]! these retarded gravity circles again!" and "Damnit the [CENSORED]ing noob made gravity circles and ruined soldat, now we have to deal with these [CENSORED]ing gravity circles."
We would just be in a circle and we could go no farther than that you twat.
8) I know it's hard for your walnut-brain to grasp this, but you created a retarded idea that sucks so much ass that it is not even funny, alright mabe a little bit

Your idea is so horrible that I will no longer waste my priceless time explaining to twats the obvious reasons why this idea and all its "veiclewhoring tardmonkeys" who bother posting "ME LIEKS TEH GRAVITY CIRCLES"

P.S. learn some Goddamn english you twat!

P.S. learn how to argue by making actual logical points instead of saying "you're stupid and your idea sucks lock thread omgwtflol" and throwing childish insults around repeatedly.

Nuts
March 19, 2006, 12:02 pm
ROTFLMAO

1) I know.
2) False. Again: you cant know. Kid'o.
3) False. There was more people who liked this idea, even MM did like the idea!
4) False. It is not complicated to program. I like water idea too.
5) False. I have played soldat 3 years or so. False. I didnt stop playing soldat because of my suggestion.
6) False. They dont orbit. How can people shoot with guns IRL if the bullets would just start orbiting earth? Learn the science. Kid'o.
7) False. You dont need to play such bad maps with small gravity circles. You still seem not understand this. LOL.
8) False. I am smarter than you. Kid'o.

P.S. What part you didnt understand?

Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOTP.S. learn how to argue by making actual logical points instead of saying "you're stupid and your idea sucks lock thread omgwtflol" and throwing childish insults around repeatedly.
I agree, that was the reason of my "ROTFLMAO" :D

Yuth
March 19, 2006, 12:25 pm
HaHaHaHaHa- Sorry, just had to laugh of your arguing.
(Delete this post if you must)

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 19, 2006, 2:59 pm
On the subject of orbits (aka, why 4-year-old is wrong about M79 orbits):
Orbits can be reached under certain conditions. However, even orbits in space aren't completely stable. Every man made satellite we put up there will eventually falls and even the moon will eventually fall (though the sun will probably explode much much earlier). You know why these objects stay up there for so long, though? Well, you may instantly say decreased gravity... but that is not the real cause. No, the real culprit is: friction, or the lack thereof. Go program a simple simulation of an object orbiting another object. It will orbit forever. Throw in friction, and bam, the object instantly begins to fall. Stable orbits can not be reached with a significant amount of friction present. So your claims of M79 orbits are completely baseless.

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 5:15 pm
i like this idea, thumbs up, it would be kewl, cause you could have the old maps, then you could have new maps like this, and did Michal imply he might make a new game? it think i did in the earlier part of the discution, WOW, wonder what that would be like

Deleted User
March 20, 2006, 12:54 am
I don't like the going into orbit idea- it would change soldat way too much. I'd like a model planet though.

I imagine a large, round shape. Soldats' feet would always be pointing towards the center. For individuals, you will see your own soldat oriented up and down.

Essentially, it's like having a warped wrap-around effect.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 20, 2006, 2:44 am
Orbits would be impossible. It simply would not happen on any sizeable gravity circle.

a-4-year-old
March 21, 2006, 11:36 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOTOn the subject of orbits (aka, why 4-year-old is wrong about M79 orbits):
Orbits can be reached under certain conditions. However, even orbits in space aren't completely stable. Every man made satellite we put up there will eventually falls and even the moon will eventually fall (though the sun will probably explode much much earlier). You know why these objects stay up there for so long, though? Well, you may instantly say decreased gravity... but that is not the real cause. No, the real culprit is: friction, or the lack thereof. Go program a simple simulation of an object orbiting another object. It will orbit forever. Throw in friction, and bam, the object instantly begins to fall. Stable orbits can not be reached with a significant amount of friction present. So your claims of M79 orbits are completely baseless.

the idea of orbit was that the gravity of a planet plus forward momentum can send an object into a perfect spin around the planet, because the forward motion plus the gravity would keep it from ever falling "down"

with that being said, THERE IS NO FRICTION IN SPACE!!!
space is a vaccum without any substances to slow the object down.

the gravity circle would be just like that, as nuts pointed out earlier soldat's gravity would not be in effect while inside the gravity circle, making no outside interference.

when you speak about sizeable gravity circles, do you mean to imply that the larger the gravity circle (if adjusting was implemented) would lead to a higher amount of gravity? That would just be another difficulty with this, first to program and second to shoot in, imagine a map where you cannot physically see the gravity, so when you take a shot, the bullets go crazy. gravity circles would just lead to an over complicated amount of confustion.

i realize that getting the exact place in a gravity circle would be as unlikely as this idea being implemented, but it would be possible.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 22, 2006, 12:31 am
the idea of orbit was that the gravity of a planet plus forward momentum can send an object into a perfect spin around the planet, because the forward motion plus the gravity would keep it from ever falling "down"

Yes. We know. But soldat is not in space. Soldat has friction.

when you speak about sizeable gravity circles, do you mean to imply that the larger the gravity circle (if adjusting was implemented) would lead to a higher amount of gravity? That would just be another difficulty with this, first to program and second to shoot in, imagine a map where you cannot physically see the gravity, so when you take a shot, the bullets go crazy. gravity circles would just lead to an over complicated amount of confustion.

No, I was just saying that it'd still be possible with friction if the gravity circle didn't have very much circumference, hence allowing 2 or 3 orbits before falling. No adjustable gravity.

a-4-year-old
March 22, 2006, 12:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by HYPERFUNKBOT[brYes. We know. But soldat is not in space. Soldat has friction

gravity circles don't :O
soldat's actual gravity would cancel when entering the gravity circle and since the gravity circles are made for more space like maps, friction would be pointless.

Is soldat programed with that much debth?

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 22, 2006, 3:00 am
gravity circles don't :O

since when?

soldat's actual gravity would cancel when entering the gravity circle and since the gravity circles are made for more space like maps, friction would be pointless.

How so?

Is soldat programed with that much debth?

If you mean "depth", I believe the answer is yes, and IF I'm wrong and the answer is no, friction would be a trivial matter to implement.

Nuts
March 22, 2006, 10:24 am
There is still air, which causes friction. And do'h, why would we program such things if it makes it worser?? Do you think programming is like: "add_realistic_physics();" ...

We are not playing soldat in space, arent we?

That is just a misc. Now, we dont have to think such things. But we could make the gravity values easily changed. Or we just make default gravity speed to all kind of circles.

Then we add a friction value in the maps. So simple as that.

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 11:01 am
wow... what happens if you place something RIGHT in between the gravity circles? float? good idea.... would lag lots... and with weapons would they be affected by the circles?

Nuts
March 22, 2006, 11:53 am
It would be just like in zero gravity, but thats almost impossible to find the perfect middlepoint, and why would you place something in it? And so what?

Wtf.. lag? it wont lag. I didnt understand how it would lag.

And of course weapons are affected by the gravity, everything is. That is the point to add such gravity things.

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 22, 2006, 1:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r would lag lots...

On what basis.

People just say this about every idea it seems. "It would lag a lot".