Yukwunhang
March 5, 2006, 8:01 am
S3 [url="http://se.llsc.us/uploader/files/2/Maps/ctf_Untitled.zip">D

rainrider
March 5, 2006, 9:07 am
Shortest map description ever seen :D

Notkeiran
March 5, 2006, 9:19 am
Nice map yuk, Hi Yuk!!! :P I feel like if I was in a circus.

Mothafix
March 5, 2006, 9:25 am
At least i don't see anything bad at the map.. I specially like that green ball in center of the map. GJ:)

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 9:26 am
looks very cool. nice and colorful.

Yukwunhang
March 5, 2006, 9:42 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rainriderShortest map description ever seen :D

There is no description :D

HIE KEI

OutofOrder
March 5, 2006, 9:55 am
Very interesting. The map looks funny... literally xD It's fun just to look at. I see a lack of ambience tho. Perhaps add more sceneries.
Layout seems nice. Good map ;)

Edit: kudos at you for the thread posting efficiency :P

DeMonIc
March 5, 2006, 10:08 am
I'm tempted to give you all a warning for not giving him constructive criticism at all.

The map is funky, reminds me of Sticky's maps. The layout looks promising, should be fun to play on, altough the team spawnpoint placement favours spawn-harassing and easy flag raids. Methinks I'll have to arrange a playtest on this one too.

Echo_Trail
March 5, 2006, 10:32 am
This looks great, dude! Looks like something out of an american toy-commercial! I really like it...
Great Job, mate

Yukwunhang
March 5, 2006, 10:38 am
Yeah, I suck at placing sceneries and I found it really boring.

I admit one of the spawn point favours spawning, but I can't find a solution that prevent spawning without changing the layout.

[IMAGE]

Maybe I can get rid of the part in the white circle to cut the amount of spawning, and add a player-only collide wall in the black circle so that the lower route would be used more often. What do you guys think?

DeMonIc
March 5, 2006, 11:15 am
Don't worry about that. That change would be pretty bad, it'd limit free movement. But you could add another exit to the spawn areas.

Norris Scott
March 5, 2006, 2:33 pm
Yeah, like a back-end tunnel route or something. Maybe the same size as the current exit you have for the spawn areas, or a bit smaller, going out the other side? That might work well for that

Eagles_Arrows
March 5, 2006, 2:46 pm
Pros:
> Managed to make it very colorful without severely blinding the average player :D
> Layout ensures for some fast-paced gameplay.
> What do you mean "crappy waypointing?!" It's pretty good!
> Pretty good lighting effects.

Cons:
> Some lights look like they're floating in the air. Missing some "wire" scenery, maybe?
> Don't know why you placed all the bonus item, yellow flag, and bow spawns on the spikebed below the bridge.
> You should make a copy of the map and remove the "ctf_" tag from it (leaving you with "Untitled") so that it will appear on the DM maplist.

darkmatie
March 5, 2006, 9:59 pm
hehee, very nice map, about the changes: white circle idea:no blak circle idea:yes

Deleted User
March 6, 2006, 1:32 am
Very Cool Map.
I like the lighting.

rabidhamster
March 6, 2006, 1:53 am
nice circle. was it generated in SVGtoPMS?

g-force9
March 6, 2006, 3:42 am
Nice map. The waypointing is ok, they are not that crappy, gameplay is nice. The circle is sweet! Only one question: why did you put all the powerups in the pit, is it just to make grabing the powerups difficult?

One other question, how many polys did it take to creat the circle? I just want to know because it looks almost perfectly smooth.

Eagles_Arrows
March 6, 2006, 3:44 am
 Quote:Originally posted by q-forceOne other question, how many polys did it take to creat the circle? I just want to know because it looks almost perfectly smooth.

*opens in MM and counts*
65 polys.

Yukwunhang
March 6, 2006, 8:44 am
 Quote:nice circle. was it generated in SVGtoPMS?
Nope. :)

I just hate powerups so much that I have to put them in somewhere that cannot be reached easily.

About the changes: If I add another exit on the other side of the spawn area, no one would like to use the most left/right route to escape when they get the flag because enemies could stop them easily. Hmm, but that route is a nice place of keeping the enemy flag. I'll try it out.

Raptor
March 8, 2006, 4:41 am
That isn't a very nice texture to use (IMO)
On the other hand, I think this is quite a nice map and an entertainiing one. NJ!