( search forums )
PS2 Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Urban Orange
March 5, 2006, 5:52 pm
Whilst I was playing Soldat on my Playstation 2 yesterday, I felt empty deep inside. My mother was on the computer and I craved to play my beloved Soldat. I've thought of this before. If there was a Soldat PS2 game, that empty feeling inside me would have been fullfilled. Soldat is such a simple, yet immensely fun game. However, the only problem would be the PS2 controller. Aiming would be a major difficulty. Nothing else would be a problem of course. The game is so simplistic that loading would, of course, never be a problem. I just decided to share that with the Soldat community.

Eagles_Arrows
March 5, 2006, 6:04 pm
If you are able to play Soldat on your PS2, then why should a PS2 port of Soldat be released?

blackdevil0742
March 5, 2006, 7:11 pm
Keep on dreaming my friend. That's very unlikelly to ever happen, a game like Soldat >10MB on a cd and the ps system would have to be compatibel for pc games etc.

Yet we have our dreams, the one that help us do the impossible :P

damnnation
March 5, 2006, 7:38 pm
NINTENDO FTW!!!

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 7:38 pm
I agree with devil...But it if that happen Its cool

Echo_Trail
March 5, 2006, 8:56 pm
Yeah sure! The controller part would be awesome! It would be so freakin hard to aim XD

Wasn't it kazuki who once installed soldat onto his pocket pc? The little fellah with the touchpad? That is just awesome :)

NOTE: This should've been put in the bash pit i suppose.. but wth :)

thekingkitty
March 5, 2006, 9:06 pm
putting it in the bashpit is like putting a bunny in a turd pit..

err well I think a playstation soldat just wont work, its just the analogs would make it hard to move and aim, but then again lots of good shooters use the analog...soo i guess its possible, but how about in a form of a live arcade game?!?

edit:hey wheres my glowy kitty ball :I

rabidhamster
March 5, 2006, 9:09 pm
my unique glowing ball avatar says it would only work on a ds, but i can't imagine nintendo releasing a gory game such as soldat onto one of their systems. plus, nintendo is evil.

reckon
March 5, 2006, 9:47 pm
Whoa whoa whoa, microsoft is evil, not nintendo!
Theyre your friends!

Liber_Lupus
March 5, 2006, 9:52 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailNOTE: This should've been put in the bash pit i suppose.. but wth :)

Why? It's Soldat related and is where it's supposed to be. Bash pit is for the crap.

I wouldn't like this game on the ps2. I can imagine myself trying to aim with the analog and just getting pissed off. Besides the game is too small to be put on a dvd. Let it be where it's supposed to be on - PC.

Kazuki
March 5, 2006, 11:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailWasn't it kazuki who once installed soldat onto his pocket pc? The little fellah with the touchpad? That is just awesome :)

Yeah, haha. That was me that "put Soldat onto a PSP." Here you go: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&topic_id=22741 :O

I was thinking about moving this to the Lounge, but I really don't have or can't think of a good enough reason to.

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 11:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamstermy unique glowing ball avatar says it would only work on a ds, but i can't imagine nintendo releasing a gory game such as soldat onto one of their systems. plus, nintendo is evil.

They released the orinigal Resident Evil on the DS and Resident Evil 4 on the GC last year....nice try...

And Reckon's right, Bill Gates and his Microsoft is evil :o

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 12:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KazukiI was thinking about moving this to the Lounge, but I really don't have or can't think of a good enough reason to.

it is funny...

Deleted User
March 6, 2006, 11:28 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Urban OrangeWhilst I was playing Soldat on my Playstation 2...

You can play soldat on PS2? WTF? It would be too hard to play if it was made for PS2. Every time you verse a bot you'd get thrashed, unless you had a mouse, but then you may as well just play it on the computer. Also, you wouldn't be able to play unless you had 512 or beter, otherwise the DNAS test would time out. Baisicly, A loose loose situatiuon.

Deleted User
March 6, 2006, 11:36 pm
What is this guy talking, his topic confuses me.
What do you mean you wish to play on PS2 if your already playing in it...? :S
Fix this please?? XD
Wow Kazuki, very interesting effort. xP

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:38 am
Only real prob with the PSP is it had no jets, and you can't really play soldat without jets. Also you can't talk, but it's very impresive.

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 12:42 pm
yah this topic is confusing, maybe the topic make should die for confusing poor old dascoo?