( search forums )
Jet Burn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
kevman
March 5, 2006, 6:54 pm
i think there should be another way to damage an opponent, when in close range a player should be able to "burn" his oppenent, this could be used as another means of defense, like if your reloading your weapon, or dont have one, you can catch an oppenent under your jets and burn them.

blackdevil0742
March 5, 2006, 7:15 pm
I think this has been discussed before but I don't remember the outcome of the topic. Anyway it could be a neat thing but how would it work? Would the jet hurt you if you used it on the ground without jumping first so the fire wouldn't "sprey" up from the ground on you like it does atm. Would it cause temporary fire?

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 7:23 pm
LMFAOOOOO. I dislike this, its kinda silly.

Deleted User
March 5, 2006, 7:40 pm
Its have been discussed before but i like yuore idea!

Nuts
March 5, 2006, 10:49 pm
You can still punch, i wonder how you could kill the dude with jets while you start going more higher.

Yuth
March 5, 2006, 10:57 pm
Wouldn't that be kind of annoying... Every time you're coming up beneath you lose HP.
I'm not so sure if this would be a good thing.

Koon
March 5, 2006, 11:12 pm
Think about freindly fire. If it weren't for the fact that your entire team would burst into flames when they took off from their base this would be a good idea.

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 12:13 am
think of the coding! if this would be possible the soldier's feet would be like the fists.

i think it is stupid.

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 12:56 am
No, actually the coding part is easy. And i finally agree to you a-4-year-old, it is stupid.

a-4-year-old
March 6, 2006, 1:54 am
than start thinking about how it would work, it would have to propel you and do damage at the same time, not easy.

do you think there is some line that you can just put in
"make awsome jet boots do damage, oh and no bugs, and make it set that other dude on fire."

"ps, than hack the pentagon"

Nuts
March 6, 2006, 9:14 am
Dude, i know how games work :D

And its not like what you just said -.-

And it would work like adding invisible circles in both legs (fast calc), and if enemy touches them enough long when they are firing, then enemy starts losing life. Its not that hard :)

kevman
March 9, 2006, 4:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldthink of the coding! if this would be possible the soldier's feet would be like the fists.

i think it is stupid.
ive read your posts and ive noticed that you dont support any one, do you even play soldat, how do you know what people like or dont like, i dont really care if you think its stupid, but i would appriciate it if you would just shut up and try to encourage the game we like, you should quit putting everyone's ideas down, and maybe try to come up with your own ideas, or are you scared people will be like you and put you down every where they go?

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 4:37 pm
4 Year old has a right to voice his opinion, but calling kevman's idea "stupid" is a little harsh.

Back on topic, I agree with Koon. It would be rather annoying for those of us that play realistic mode. Maybe just an option for normal, where you can only hurt the other team?

numgun
April 5, 2006, 8:42 am
friendlyfire + realistic + falling from high + jet to prevent death = burned :o

tRaQs
April 7, 2006, 1:56 am
whenever you had a close range battle youd flame god someone, and it would become a game of deadly-leapfrog. Put some more thought into ideas before you mention them.

vash763
April 7, 2006, 7:47 am
Dumb idea, would defeat the game.

a-4-year-old
April 7, 2006, 8:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by kevman Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldthink of the coding! if this would be possible the soldier's feet would be like the fists.

i think it is stupid.
ive read your posts and ive noticed that you dont support any one, do you even play soldat, how do you know what people like or dont like, i dont really care if you think its stupid, but i would appriciate it if you would just shut up and try to encourage the game we like, you should quit putting everyone's ideas down, and maybe try to come up with your own ideas, or are you scared people will be like you and put you down every where they go?

you have not been here long enough to see a real topic with a real suggestion that has never been suggested before, in this case, i found that this idea is stupid, it has no reason for being suggested any longer, stop judging someone baised on their oppinion on a worthless topic.

shoover
April 7, 2006, 11:45 pm
anyways.... jetpacks should be hurtful, only in realistic, REALISTIC.

Raptor
April 8, 2006, 12:30 am
I've thought of this too before and I completely agree with it.

Deleted User
April 8, 2006, 12:34 am
This does actually sound fun. Kind of like the flame thrower.

shoover
April 8, 2006, 4:40 am
yea meep lol, flamethrower, but then again we have the flame god mode :'( so this topic almost became pointless