bots: no
Edits:
- addded bullet only colliders to prevent spraying inside big bunkers
- made bigger bunker for alpha
- added some more scenery
- added big underland, to prevent respawners, they crash now :p
- maybe more to follow

Download:
Not yet, because i need to put all scenery in, anyone knows how to do this easier then just searching them 1 by 1 ?

rabidhamster
March 5, 2006, 10:09 pm
AHH! you didn't compress the preview!

umm, interesting, i like the colors, they're more realistic than many other peoples' first couple maps. only one problem: it doesn't look all too balanced. scratch that, it's waaaay unbalanced. try making this an infiltration map, then we'll talk.

darkmatie
March 5, 2006, 10:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterAHH! you didn't compress the preview!

huh? what you mean?
unbalanced? a little, but if an alpha gets at the bravo flag, he just has to fly up, and its hard for bravo to chase an alpha that up because all bravo spawns are low...

rabidhamster
March 5, 2006, 10:18 pm
your map overview is a .bmp, the biggest image file possible. change it to a .jpeg.

Brillmongo
March 5, 2006, 10:49 pm
 Quote:This is currently my second map, so i dont think its THAT good :p

At least you're being honest, try some variation, different hues and such for the ground, also stretch the textures at random if the texture starts looking like a pattern.

Quote:your map overview is a .bmp, the biggest image file possible. change it to a .jpeg.

.jpg is teh sux, .png pwnz.

Norris Scott
March 5, 2006, 11:16 pm
Actually, dark, like rabid said... based on the layout I'd say your map would make a great INF map... but a poor CTF map.

It IS unbalanced, which usually works for alpha on INF maps.

I suggest changing it to INF to be turthful... seems like it'd fair better as an INF map.

Other then that... well, listen to everyone else's advice. Shade things better (though to be honest, for your second map the shading is great. I'm still struggling with shading-- much less mapping-- and I'm like 8 maps in on Polyworks), and as a bit of my own personal opinion, kill that pyramid on the right and make it a steep hill or something... it just seems so out of place.

Nice work :)

Koon
March 5, 2006, 11:22 pm
The mountains on the right side look really corny.

Norris Scott
March 6, 2006, 2:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KoonThe mountains on the right side look really corny.

I thought they were pyramids :P

But yeah, general consensus will likely be that they offset the feel to the rest of the map, which has a pretty damn good feel... so it really shouldn't get messed up like that.

Notkeiran
March 6, 2006, 5:18 am
Good, nice looking map but yeah, you should think about making it INF would play so much better than CTF.

darkmatie
March 6, 2006, 6:59 pm
okay
edits im going to do:
-make it an inf map OR make the alpha bunker bigger, so the map gets even :)
-gonna delete the mountain at the right and replace it by something eh ( no need if i make alpha bunker bigger
-stretching textures, but i got a Question: how? thats something im bad at, could anyone tell me some tricks to do stretching? ( ps: i use polyworks )

Soulsnipa
March 6, 2006, 9:32 pm
depends on what you need to accomplish with stretching. Usually just trial and error method works best using the stretching tool. I know one side will extend the height of the texture...one moves the texture...and one extends the width or something like that.

Eagles_Arrows
March 6, 2006, 11:34 pm
Pros:
> Looks great
> Awesome Scenery Placements

Cons:
> Underground route is too blocky
> Mountains at the right, as said before, looks silly.
> Yes...more suitable for infiltration.

darkmatie
March 7, 2006, 5:07 pm
arg , my water doesnt work xD
its not transparant, where to edit the transparancy from the wtaer with polyworks? ( yes, looked at tuts already, but im dutch and dunno where to edit it :p , could anyone take screen where to set transarancy or something, ty)

Mothafix
March 7, 2006, 5:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by darkmatiearg , my water doesnt work xD
its not transparant, where to edit the transparancy from the wtaer with polyworks? ( yes, looked at tuts already, but im dutch and dunno where to edit it :p , could anyone take screen where to set transarancy or something, ty)

It depends what map making program you use, i use the one and only original map maker1.2 (yes i'm retarded) So i know only how to transparent in original mapmaker
Edit: Oops.. Just realized that you use polyworks :D

darkmatie
March 7, 2006, 6:35 pm
 Quote:its not transparant, where to edit the transparancy from the wtaer with polyworks?
omg , did u read the whole post or something? dont think so

Keron Cyst
March 7, 2006, 6:48 pm
It's called "Opacity" in PW and goes by %.

The water is just a scenery graphic, right?

darkmatie
March 7, 2006, 6:58 pm
yes, but i put opacity on 60%, and ingame you cant see anything behind it, what did i do wrong?

Norris Scott
March 7, 2006, 7:25 pm
There are certain types of layering for sceneries when you place them: Front, Middle and Back

If you put the scenery in the front, it will overlap polys and players.

If you put the scenery in the middle, it will overlap players but polys will overlap it

If you put the scenery in the back, polys and players overlap it.

Opacity to 60% still makes the colors stand out strong, so chances are you put it in the front (which is a good idea for water... the opacity just should be lowers) and it's showing too strongly over everything.

darkmatie
March 7, 2006, 8:39 pm
still doesnt work,i set opacity on 30 , on 50 and on 60, and on everything it still covers everything and the only thing you see is the blank ( teh water ) ( player and scenery are fully invisible , its middle )

ps. alot edits already have been made

Soulsnipa
March 7, 2006, 9:37 pm
Have u tried deleting the scenery...setting it to middle then placing it again?

If it is already placed, then go to the scenery properties window to change the placement properties (back, middle, front) as well as the opacity.

Also if you go into view or edit...you can go to send to > try bringing that scenery all the way to the front. There is a bug in polyworks where middle aligned scenery show up behind the back if placed second or something like that.

darkmatie
March 7, 2006, 10:06 pm
i have the bug , look to the screen , the water is middle but it is behind back sceneries ( water plants and roots ), i was wondering already

numgun
March 7, 2006, 10:27 pm
just a regular polyworks map... hah, kidding! xD

i think the ground isnt smooth or something... the ground has to be coloured/shaded somehow. i like the bunkers tho.

Raptor
March 8, 2006, 4:34 am
Really nice map! I specially like the entertaining layout and the bgcolor...
Keep it up!

darkmatie
March 8, 2006, 12:53 pm
new problem: you can get ontop of the bunkers at the sides making it too easy to take flag, wich is not meant to, how could i make the sides of the bunkers deadly ( i know how) , but i dont know what to place as scenery, anyone has ideas?