( search forums )
SOLDAT - World War Two
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Jottha
March 7, 2006, 4:11 am
SOLDAT - World War Two, the modification (made by Jottha)
Website at http://soldatww2.brasilmob.net

Soldat World War Two is a modification that takes you back to the Second World War. Based on games like Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, changing SoldatĀ“s gameplay and environment.
You must remember that you need the Soldat game installed on your computer.

Most important features:
- 17 New weapons available, all of them from the Second World War
- 86 New sounds (sounds for explosions, weapons, sound effects, and more)
- 4 New maps based on real events from the Second World War
- 147 New scenery images, also available for maps creation
- New interface (energy, ammo, and jet display)
- Total compatibility with the original maps and gameplay modes
- Total compatibility with Multiplayer matches
- The modification newest version 2.0 is available on Downloads page

Weapons List:
- M1A1 Carbine
- Thompson
- MP40
- Mauser KAR98K
- B.A.R.
- STG44
- M1897 Shotgun
- SVT-40 Sniper
- MG34
- M9 Bazooka
- Piat
- M3 Knife
- Colt-45 M1911
- Mark II Frag Grenade
- Stielhandgranate
- M2-2 Flamethrower
- .30 Cal

Please visit the website for more detailed informations.
http://soldatww2.brasilmob.net

Vijchtidoodah
March 7, 2006, 4:23 am
You've really outdone yourself. The website was a cool enough way to present your stuff, and then you've got everything else shoved in there.

The mod looks spectacular with the weapons being top-notch and seemingly accurate. A lot of the scenery is also great looking with a lot of usefulness. Unfortunately, things go downhill from there. I haven't had a chance to test out those maps, and I don't want to -- they appear to be relatively bland and mostly rely on scenery. And, while I did mention that a lot of the scenery is great, the rest is downright horrendous. Neon green tanks? Planes with wierd white lines around them?

If you just left it at a mod and a few good sceneries, it would have been perfect. The maps begin to bring it down a bit, culminating with those ugly sceneries which won't really fit into most maps.

But at least your website is nifty. ;)

EmperorofChoas
March 7, 2006, 4:48 am
DAmn Bro i give you mad props on this.....tho i never seen som1 make a site to go along with there mod.....you guns are cool but the line outline isn't sexy........weither than that goodjob

comrade8ken
March 7, 2006, 5:16 am
where the hell is that dawn of war mod!!! oh and uber mod man dling as we type!!!

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 7, 2006, 5:16 am
Great Effort, and a pretty good mod to go with, too. I would suggest you practice some more on your mapping, and practice with your shading skills.

comrade8ken
March 7, 2006, 5:19 am
hey and um whats with the american spitfire it was a british fighter

peemonkey
March 7, 2006, 8:53 am
Looks pretty nice, but that white outline on the interface puts me off.

GAMEOVER
March 7, 2006, 9:10 am
Wow man thats insane, the mod itself ill give a 9/10 but the information and the way you present it is just amazing!

Jottha
March 7, 2006, 9:39 am
Vijchtidoodah.
Neon tanks? Planes wit lines around them?
They are perfect here.
About the maps, you cant judge them if you dont test them. You can do things like stay at the roof of a house, shoot through a window, etc. The maps are based on events from the WW2, and mostly have low or no fuel for jets, basically more floor action, that was the idea.

EmperorofChoas, the outlines are only for the interface weapons display, ingame there are no outlines.

Leo Da Lunerfox, the maps terrain are simple but have great scenery and structures to climb and go in. Shades was not my priority but Ill try to practice a lil.

Comrade8ken, sorry about the typing mistake, its corrected now.

Thanks for the comments ppl.

Jottha
March 7, 2006, 10:42 am
Some screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Leo
March 7, 2006, 11:00 am
OMG! Downloading right now...

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:33 am
Very nice mod + very nice site.

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:50 am
OMG!!!!!it rullzzzzzz!!!! very sexy mod XD
P.S.only outline need be black cuz white dont look cool =]

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 12:20 pm
Yeah, i totally agree with John TK :P
Sounds are the best ;)

numgun
March 7, 2006, 1:18 pm
dude wtf? im downloading this right away!!11

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 8:37 pm
Niceeee Mod! I really do love the WWII Thompson :D Always a personal favorite, but like everyone else said, the white outline isnt too...pleasing.

...And no love for the chainsaw? You can use one of those shovel thingies though...spades?

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 9:02 pm
whoa neat! very nice! :D:D:D

edak
March 7, 2006, 9:10 pm
great mod, i just dont like the white lines around the weapons.

EmperorofChoas
March 7, 2006, 9:16 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by comrade8kenwhere the hell is that dawn of war mod!!! oh and uber mod man dling as we type!!!

bud this anit the place to get a hold of me if you wanted to talk you should have PM'ed me.......

as 4 the mod.....i've abanndon most of it....but the gostek.....i'll be releasin soon...just have a few bugs to work out....

papasurf31
March 7, 2006, 10:45 pm
Great presentation, but I think the mod would do better if the weapon outlines were the traditional black. The maps are fun to play with bots on, but they lack shading and the sceneries are a bit out of place. Also, some decent gosteks would have helped to bring this mod up. Other than that though, really good job. The WWII theme is bit overdone but this worthy of another.

Best mod I've seen here in a long while. Keep it up, especially the nifty sites :D

rabidhamster
March 7, 2006, 10:55 pm
i would love to see these maps shaded and having a higher poly count.

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:08 pm
AMAZING! thats a really nice mod, i love the site, but the white outline is a little... off...
anyways, very nice :)

if you need me to, i would love to help out somehow with your mod :D (anything, wm, maps, gfx, maybe sound, anything)

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:43 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Great presentation, but I think the mod would do better if the weapon outlines were the traditional black. The maps are fun to play with bots on, but they lack shading and the sceneries are a bit out of place. Also, some decent gosteks would have helped to bring this mod up. Other than that though, really good job. The WWII theme is bit overdone but this worthy of another.

Best mod I've seen here in a long while. Keep it up, especially the nifty sites :D

Ditto, make the outlines black. I absolutely love the minimalist (and yet detailed) theme to it. Gets.

Jottha
March 8, 2006, 3:18 am
Ok fellaz, here are the weapons outlined in black.
If y'all cool wit that I replace them.
[IMAGE]

Semagae, any help is very welcome, send me your ideas or add me to your msn.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 6:44 am
Oh, Now the guns looks great.
I love ur Thompson ,nades, sniper rifle and ur rocket launchers.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 9:36 am
WOAH Its really great!

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 10:43 am

Awesome...the only thing I don't like about it is the Carbine's folding butt...but the MP/STG-44 looks awesome.

darkmatie
March 8, 2006, 1:12 pm
weapons:
nice shading, original , look like they did in 1940-1945, good sounds

9/10
maps:
alot scenery, but NO shading, some dumb sceneries

6.5/10
presentation
10/10 - no explenation if u get what i mean

Jottha
March 8, 2006, 9:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DairyOh, Now the guns looks great.

Thanks a lot Dairy, I was lookin some of your work and you do some good stuffs too.

Quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowAwesome...the only thing I don't like about it is the Carbine's folding butt...but the MP/STG-44 looks awesome.

Yeah, I think they look better outlined in white.
But remains good for me. :D

Quote:Originally posted by darkmatie9/10
maps:

6.5/10
presentation

I'm not good makin shades, so if anyone wanna help in that feel free to do so. Sure I'll include credits for it.
About the presentation you could be more clear. I believe everything you need to know are on the modification site at http://soldaww2.brasilmob.net

Once again thanks for your comments.
The version with the weapons outlined in black will come soon.

Jottha
March 9, 2006, 7:32 am
Ok fellaz, now I'm workin in a new interface for the next version.
There's a preview bellow. I would like to change the color of the font, and if possible the font itself. If anyone can help me in that I'll really appreciate it.

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 8:01 am
3-l33t!!! w00t fuking p00nzor man u rock tis is gangsta u r teh PWN!!

punisher31
March 9, 2006, 5:17 pm
maaaan it really rocks <3 the weapons when you changed the white outline to black you pwn anyone XDDDDD

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 5:57 pm
this mod rocks!

but it looks blurry

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 7:05 pm
Wow, very nice interface. U're getting better and better. What's ur next project ? Or just update this one ???

Jottha
March 9, 2006, 7:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DairyWow, very nice interface. U're getting better and better. What's ur next project ? Or just update this one ???

I would like to finish this first before start makin new mods, your opinions are very important to me, so please dont stop posting your suggestions.
I was thinkin in add new gosteks, but I tried to replace them and didnt work. Could it be cuz my Soldat is not registered?
Well, any help is welcome and I'll add credits for anyone who help me in this mod.
I was talkin to Semagae about makin new maps for the mod, I think he'll help, cuz I'm not good makin map shades and sh*t.
IF ANYONE WANNA HELP WIT THAT PM ME OR ADD ME TO YOUR MSN SO WE CAN TALK.

Thx a lot ppl.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 9:24 pm
A suggestion? This is just a personal thought, but you could fix the bent-ish look (at least to me) of the M1 Carbine by straightening a few pixels in the butt out, or remove the butt entirely. Of course, I never really liked folding butts that much anyway, so this may not be the best suggestion.

darkmatie
March 10, 2006, 6:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Jottha Quote:Originally posted by DairyOh, Now the guns looks great.

Thanks a lot Dairy, I was lookin some of your work and you do some good stuffs too.

Quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowAwesome...the only thing I don't like about it is the Carbine's folding butt...but the MP/STG-44 looks awesome.

Yeah, I think they look better outlined in white.
But remains good for me. :D

Quote:Originally posted by darkmatie9/10
maps:

6.5/10
presentation

I'm not good makin shades, so if anyone wanna help in that feel free to do so. Sure I'll include credits for it.
About the presentation you could be more clear. I believe everything you need to know are on the modification site at http://soldaww2.brasilmob.net

Once again thanks for your comments.
The version with the weapons outlined in black will come soon.

explenation abiout the presentation??? you made a whole very good site for your mod!!!! if that aint good presentation!!!!

outlined guns look 100 times better,about teh maps:im not a very good mapper, but badder shades than te current ones arent very hard :p ,( sorry for that but couldnt let that :p ) the shades are just to fast and without sections where colors change, you should really ask a good mapper to remake/edit your maps

on your site about soldat:
- Editors: Soldat Map Maker and Interface Maker
some more: bot maker, polyworks, soldat map maker +, and lots and lots more, make the sentece like: 100% moddable, cus there are uncountable soldat editor programs...

and you should add chainsaw, make a wooden stake, a knife mounted on a gun , look on forum ( but give creator credits then if u take summin ),... , having one weapon slot open in a nearly full mod looks a bit dumn :p

punisher31
March 11, 2006, 8:06 am
better in black outline cuz white look weird XD black or other outline more needed :DDD but black better ...

Hephaestus
March 11, 2006, 3:42 pm
Holy [CENSORED]. Holy freaking [CENSORED].
This is amazing, the site, the mod, the maps, everything. You win.

Swebonny
March 11, 2006, 6:54 pm
<IHHH IHHH IiiiHHHH ARHHH you know Iam in love with WW2!!!

OMFGOSH this is the [CENSORED]ing damn best site and mod ive seen :)

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 1:37 am
very nice mod indeed.

the only thing I dislike is the sniper being so similar to other weapons such as the ruger and mabe the shotgun a little... when you are engaging that enemy you use a different strategy depending on his weapon (if its a ruger I just lunge at him, but if its a sniper I sometimes try to make him waste his bullet before attacking) or something

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 4:38 am
@Jottha
the map is almost done ;)
just a little longer :)

btw, is there a weapons mod?(i hav't downloaded the full mod yet)

Eagles_Arrows
March 12, 2006, 2:02 pm
holy crap, 10 megs? Too big for my dial-up connection x3

Hmm, might as well download it tomorrow in school >:D

Inquisitor
March 13, 2006, 5:55 pm
this mod is so great. why dont you spend it some really exciting maps and start a official request?
this might be not very glamorous, but nevertheless the mod's quality could still raise in mapping aspects...
(ths is just a hint, everything else has been prepared 100% greatly. and the website.. yeah :)

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 2:55 am
i'm currently working on many maps, 1 of which is done :)
expect them soon

Swebonny
March 14, 2006, 5:53 pm
Hmm why is the homepage down now? I am trygin 2 get this mod on my other computer..

GREAAT MOD :)

Dark_Noddy
March 14, 2006, 9:08 pm
This is the zip I downloaded (note new to this page so if there are any problems pm me)

Greate mod btw, but I gotta agree with the others; maps need a remake, also the baret looks like the other guns kinda.. ob well ^^ Love the sounds !

Killer PL
March 16, 2006, 4:23 pm
In my opinion this mod is good, but the white lines are TERRIBLEEEE... Weapons are too small in interface. Interface is good but i dont like jet icon. Sounds are very goood..... U should make new gosteks.

=== 7/10

divix
March 16, 2006, 4:48 pm
i cant enter the website :( can you make a direct download link for the mod thanks

Swebonny
March 16, 2006, 5:35 pm
thanks Noddy

Killer PL
March 30, 2006, 11:55 am
MP40, Mauser and Shotgun look strange in black outline XD In white too.... i know good site where i take graphics to my weapons to my WWII mod which (the newest version 2.9) is avaible now only in Poland (www.forum.soldat.eu.org) but i think the 3rd version will be realised on this forum too.

My opinion about this mod is now:
V.Good
8/10

But I'm bored about this tematic: "Americans, brave fantastic and super hiper extra Allies". You should think about somethink original in the next version for example about Winter War in Finland. The next version of my Europe in the Battle will be about Warsaw Uprising in 1944.

adarius
April 4, 2006, 1:16 am
One of the most amazing mods I have ever seen in my life. I must give you a 9.8/10 on the mod and a 10/10 on the site and presentation. 9.8 on the mod because I personally don't like the white around the guns on the menu and kill list, but that's my own opinion. Jottha, this mod is truly amazing, I hope, and I'm sure the rest of the soldat community hopes, that you will continue making mods. As an idea, inspiration, etc... why not try to do a World War 3 mod? Be creative with it.

The Twilight
April 9, 2006, 8:18 pm
it says invalid compressed folder

LUNATIC COW
April 10, 2006, 1:04 am
Yes, the zip files don't seem to be working now. Could you check that out?

koen
April 11, 2006, 7:27 pm
Where I can download it??.. I cant join youre site :S

Snipers_Shot
April 30, 2006, 3:47 am
omg from all this talk about it i GOTTA TRY IT IM DOWNLOAding it now :D and ill probably mod the pics with the white and black outline to a light green-invisibile color :)

Drink Bloody Water
May 9, 2006, 12:18 pm
This site isn't working for me. Help! Oh, nvm. thanks dark noddy..

divix
May 10, 2006, 2:57 pm
thanks noddy