( search forums )
release date of next version?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
derBonobo
March 7, 2006, 6:37 pm
well... when is it?

Cookie.
March 7, 2006, 7:22 pm
Noone really knows :P I'm not sure Michal has started even working on it yet so it will probably be along while yet.

Chakra`
March 7, 2006, 7:33 pm
Far as i'm aware from talks with Michal, he isn't working nor planning the next version. Nor will there 'ever' be a release date as it's all just a 'when it's done' kind of thing.

However, when things go into beta, you can usually expect a version to come out 3-9 weeks after that. You'll usually hear talk of Soldat being in beta when it happens, but it ain't right now so .... just 'whenever' Michal Marcinkowski's wants to, guv.

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 8:44 pm
wut's beta?

Chakra`
March 7, 2006, 8:58 pm
beta is when the game goes into a testing process, where a select team of 'beta testers' test the games new changes until it's stable enough for release.

thekingkitty
March 7, 2006, 9:26 pm
yes 1.3.1 could be the LAST version of soldat, but then again if people [CENSORED] just enough, maybe..just maybe..

Augustus
March 7, 2006, 10:14 pm
Yeah, no. Please don't encourage people to pester Michal about Soldat. In case you hadn't read, he's working on a new project. It seems pretty cool, and knowing what Michal has done with Soldat, I'm sure it'll be tons of fun. If you're itching for something new, check that out.

numgun
March 7, 2006, 10:19 pm
What?! not even planning on the next version??? *quits the suggestions forum*

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2006, 10:19 pm
Augustus pretty much said what any forum veteran is thinking. Don't pester or encourage others to pester Michal.

This thread has reached its potential for use, so I'm locking it to keep the trolls at bay.

-VzX- Silverflame
March 8, 2006, 5:13 am
YES!!!! let MM work on it "whenever" he gets time, dont worry guys it'll be all cool in the end ;)

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 5:52 am
hes only one man hes probaly sorting out other things in his life now let him live it....he'll do it when hes ready...as you know its not some huge game like CS:S so it really doesent even need a date and Silverflame i agree.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 5:53 am
Hmm, wonder if there will be any new game modes, and what they will be? I've got some Ideas for some:
King of the Hill: Your team has to stay on the hill for as long as possible
Assasin: You have to kill an asigned target, 1 point per target

Swarmer
March 8, 2006, 8:04 am
lock failed!

I don't see how MM could be working on 2 projects of this size at the same time. Although he is getting a team for the new one, I don't think he'll have a ton of time for Soldat, so updates will probably be a lot slower now.

bja888
March 8, 2006, 9:48 am
I like how as soon as MM starts to neglect the game we all have in common. About 50% (more maybe?) of the forum starts to rebel.

Bring out your storm troopers MM. The rebels are gonna blow up your death star! Neglect the people and they will not have your support. Democracy is the only way.

Echo_Trail
March 8, 2006, 10:47 am
^^Yeah, that's for sure dude.
PPL just can't handle news about soldat. As chakra` says, it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months for the beta testers to agree and the new version comes out. As far as i'm concerned, this is much too long for the forum to handle it. That is 9 weeks of constant rebelion on the forums ppl :)

Anyway, I don't think soldat needs to be changed. If anything, a few known bugs should be fixed, but I hardly think we need to call for an all new version. As we changed into 1.3 and even 1.3.1, people started screaming up about the stupidity of leaving version 1.2.1, the highligt of soldat, behind. But I dare say that 1.3.1 is one of the best, if not the best, yet! 'Cept for the few bugs such as team switch bug and all.

Quote:Originally posted by Swarmerlock failed!
Ô_o

bja888
March 8, 2006, 6:20 pm
There weren't many new bugs introduced. The old ones just stayed around. Is that now what a new version is supposed to do? Fix the bugs?

Echo_Trail
March 8, 2006, 9:08 pm
Wasn't 1.3.1 consideret a bug fixer?

bja888
March 8, 2006, 9:32 pm
Did it fix any bugs??

1.3.1 (09.12.2005)
- Added join spectator team button in team select menu
New feature
- Added new maps: DesertWind, htf_Rubik, ctf_Maya2, ctf_Lanubya (winner of ESL mapping contest) (by grand_diablo),
Blox, ctf_Snakebite, ctf_Ash (by chakapoko maker), htf_Dusk (by Michal), htf_Muygen (by The Geologist),
remakes: ctf_Death2 (by grand_diablo, NuZZ and MM), ctf_Dropdown2 (by Boxo, wp's by Keron Cyst)
New feature
- Added new secret ownage command
New feature
- Added file readonly.txt to prevent downloading certain files (original maps and sceneries cannot be downloaded)
New feature
- Added new anti-cheat solutions
New feature
- Added new command: /loadlist X (loads maplist from file X.txt);
New feature
- Added new command: /lobby (reregisters the server in the lobby server)
New feature
- Added log files split after reaching 512KB of size
New feature
- Added png and jpg files are supported by the file download system
New feature
- Modified default gostek graphics changed to EVO Gostek (by Michal)
New feature
- Modified fixes in maps: ctf_Equinox, ctf_Voland, ctf_B2b + all maps recompiled with PolyWorks
Fix... I guess. I can still get on top of B2b
- Modified weapon balance (check weapons.ini for details)
As with every version
- Modified all maps can be changed or voted in the in-game map change menu
New feature
- Modified all weapons must be reloaded after pick-up (prevents reload exploits)
Kind of a fix. I hope it goes back to the old way so you can kill with ones own weapon.
- Modified can't vote until 2 minutes pass after server join
New feature
- Modified grenades don't explode on corpses (prevents lag bugs)
New feature
- Modified if texture can't be downloaded for map default one is loaded
New feature
- Modified all weapons bullets (except Barret, M79 and LAW) lose power after long distance (1 or more screens, to prevent blind spraying)
New feature
- Modified weapon can't be reloaded if is fully loaded
New feature
- Modified Barret has more movement speed aim penalty and has short wait time before firing
New feature
- Modified M79 gives 30% more self damage
New feature
- Modified knife throwing - speed of knife depends on how long you hold the throw button
New feature
- Fixed extreme bink on respawn
Good fix!!!
- Fixed lobby registering errors in non-dedicated server game
I never had a problem with this fix
- Fixed yellow player name still after thrown away flag
- Fixed flame whizz sound
- Fixed players using the same file for headgear
- Fixed Spas-12 reload exploit
- Fixed grenade not exploding in close hit
Fix from last version only
- Fixed invisible LAW bug
- Fixed Soldat not compatible with some background programs
- Fixed blue team caps worth 20 instead of 25 points
- Fixed mp5 clip falling out
- Fixed killing through wall
Lies! Just lies.
- Fixed flames hit colliders
- Fixed various game and manual typing mistakes
- Fixed when player joined paused game his game wasn't paused
- Fixed server does not send messages to non-authenticated admin clients
- Fixed two grenades being thrown on server when player had a chainsaw
- Fixed autorecording start on map change

Most of the fixes where problems that where created form features in the last version. While most of the ones that effect me have been around for a long time. Here is a short list.
- Gun does not load after being picked up
- Gun does not load after rolling at a specific time during reload
- The "Wrong Map version" error
- The glitch where you fly through the air like a little hunched over tutrle completely unable to do anything
- Nades have many problems
- Animations loop randomly like spas being loaded or switching weapons
- Flags get such on walls then wave around all over the place
- Points not registering on server
- The "nothing" attack. Where it says you have been killed but it had no idea with what weapon. (new since 1.3)

I think there might be a few more. But you get the idea.

Echo_Trail
March 8, 2006, 10:51 pm
YEah, well it DID fix alot of bugs the, right?

bja888
March 8, 2006, 11:28 pm
A fair amount, but the problems that effect most users are still out there.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 5:24 am
He didn't fix the Flying crouch one (wonders if anybody knows what i'm talking about)

GAMEOVER
March 9, 2006, 5:36 am
Out of the versions ive played I didnt really care and could wait for the next release but im really looking forward to the next one this ones just been plagued with issues.

wormdundee
March 9, 2006, 5:41 am
He never meant to fix crouchfloating, he likes it and as far as I know has decided to keep it in the game.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 6:07 am
Exactly. KICKJUMPING IS FOREVER!!!!!!!

bja888
March 9, 2006, 7:15 am
I though kick jump was done on purpose. Your telling me that was a glitch? After having a climb map phase I live by the jump kick now.

"crouchfloating" (best what I hard it described) is only annoying because you cannot get out of it. Like the gun jams, it happens at the worst times.

lithium
March 9, 2006, 8:10 pm
Yeah, you can get out if it. Try proning.

derBonobo
March 9, 2006, 10:49 pm
uhm... what kickjumping?

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 10:52 pm
Go play a climb map my friend.

UGK
March 10, 2006, 1:31 am
Wow. I really hope MM doesn't quit on Soldat. It has such a strong community behind it. I still respect he is working on another game, but I hope he doesn't ever give up on Soldat.

bja888
March 10, 2006, 3:44 am
If his new game turns out to be as good as soldat I might forgive him for leave...

derBonobo
March 10, 2006, 5:18 pm
would be sick if the new game & soldat would be merged... crimson is basícly soldat with planes, so why not?