( search forums )
Semi-Admin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Summonik
March 7, 2006, 7:13 pm
Ahoy. This 2 ideas are mainly for private servers so this could be used in CWs.

1 - Semi-Pause
As you should know, it happens a lot when we are in the middle of a CW and a player gets disconnected and there is no admin to pause the game. My suggestion is some kind of vote system and it would work like this:

*Member of clanB gets disconnected
*Another member from clanB types /sp (semipause).

The vote will appear only for the opponent team. If all members of clanA accept the vote, the game will be paused. If not.. duh.

2 - Semi-Restart
This is similar to the semipause. A member from clanA would request it and the other team would have to accept (or not). Yes.. I know we can vote for a new map every 2 mins but sometimes there is a bad timing between both teams and map changes before they are ready.

Once again.. this features should be only for private servers, not for public ones. If enabled on public servers, probably there would be noobs abusing from it.

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2006, 7:15 pm
perhaps it would be better to explain these in terms of Bravo/Alpha instead of ClanA/B, since Soldat does not recognize clans in game.

Also, please modify your signature to obey the signature rules

zyxstand
March 7, 2006, 9:46 pm
... why does he get to be asked nicely to change sig...
neways, i think it's kindapointless...
in clanwars, there'll always be an admin - and if there's not then you have a bad server.

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2006, 10:22 pm
Yeah, I forgot to post my actual opinion, which is that this is relatively pointless for the same reason(s) zyx pointed out

Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:29 pm
Meh, looks like an ok idea, but there is no reason to be needing an admin in public servers. In clan wars, like Zyxstand said, there will/or should be an admin.