( search forums )
Server log bug ?
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Leo
March 7, 2006, 7:16 pm
I just noticed something strange. If a player's name is between "*" then server doesn't log kills or deaths of this player. I was playing like *Leo* and there was...nothing at kill log. Console log works normally but kill log no. Anyone knows anything about it ?

mar77a
March 7, 2006, 8:42 pm
yes, it's a bug, player names with * and ^ starting their name dont get logged.

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2006, 10:20 pm
I found this bug about 2 years ago and posted about it. There is code in the U13SSS scripts that can be used to recover all usable data from corrupted logs. The new version of u13sss coming out has a slightly better version of this same code.

Leo
March 7, 2006, 10:39 pm
You can't recover something that is not even there. Such players are just...non excistant.

mar77a
March 7, 2006, 10:51 pm
Yes, but not only players are non existant, also the current kill logs gets corrupted. This way, killog parsers dont work with corrupted logs. (Except FliesLikeABrick's U13sss <3)

FliesLikeABrick
March 7, 2006, 11:59 pm
you are correct that you can't get stats for those players, but like mar77a said, you have to do a bunch of stuff to the file to recover all of the other stats that can be kept. when lines are randomly missing from the file, it will break just about every algorithm that is meant to get stats from the logs. I wrote a function that would pre-parse logs to check if they're corrupted, and if they are it would extract all usable data from them and put it into a new log/array which would then be used by the actual parser

Leo
March 10, 2006, 11:42 am
 Quote:The new version of u13sss coming out has a slightly better version of this same code.

Any idea on when you're going to release new version ?

FliesLikeABrick
March 10, 2006, 2:32 pm
soon, soon. I'll try and get it out as soon as I can