Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
March 7, 2006, 11:49 pm
http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=418125#418125

har har

FliesLikeABrick
March 8, 2006, 12:00 am
1) not really funny
2) why couldn't you just link us to the story instead of having to publicize your post on the other forum?

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 12:16 am
Eh, sad. Though I got hacked once on some game called 'habbohotel', had like 20 thrones. =_=.. and well I got hacked and amazingly I didnt care Lol.
I was like, um ok... o_o
Well yeah it made me stop playing and I knew who did it, but meh w/e. =]

Rambo_6
March 8, 2006, 12:48 am
All the more reason to stop playing horrible MMORPG's.

People get scammed all the time in Runescape. I suppose killing yourself over it is a bit, uh, extreme?

And on top of that, it was his friend who scammed him, he could maybe have ASKED his friend for his stuff back. Pfft.

Aegis
March 8, 2006, 1:19 am
Emo-alert.
*cough*
What?
All these video game 'suicides' as of late are getting kind of boring, real or false.

AerialAssault
March 8, 2006, 1:24 am
Natural Selection.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 1:32 am
:P lol @ AA

stupid retards :P

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 1:56 am
[CENSORED] thats stupid over soem budget game....allthough my friend tryed to suicide failing and breakign his arm over that game.....really they shoudl close it people get so addicted when sumthing bad happens for them its a serious matter and they exthreme it

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:14 am
ever heard of World of Warcraft? (WoW)

N1nj@
March 8, 2006, 2:22 am
man i suicide all the time

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:27 am
/kill doesent count

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:45 am
WoW is boring.....but its kidna funny what happend

UGK
March 8, 2006, 2:52 am
Lol. What a retard.

Milkman Dan
March 8, 2006, 4:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderEh, sad. Though I got hacked once on some game called 'habbohotel', had like 20 thrones. =_=.. and well I got hacked and amazingly I didnt care Lol.
I was like, um ok... o_o
Well yeah it made me stop playing and I knew who did it, but meh w/e. =]

Bah I tried so many different things to try and get free credits on Habbohotel and it never worked >:(

But then I abused the free credits system in that coke one like habbohotel by making lots and lots of accounts and buying stuff and giving it to my original character kekeke

Elephant_Hunter
March 8, 2006, 4:56 am
Is there an actual story or is it just another "kid killed 'emself" rumour?

Flies: If we can't view death with humour than we are lost. I don't understand why folks get real "serious" when we bring up recent deaths. I would rather you all laugh than cry if I died. Seriously, what kind of stuck-up prick would want to bring misery on the world for their death? Think, fool! *smack* :P

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 7:36 am
See this is another reason why video games are looked as bad for the society, a [CENSORED]ing kid just killed himself over a [CENSORED]ing lame ass game called Runescape. I personaly dont find death that funny (unless in a movie) especialy such a young life ending so soon..

Swarmer
March 8, 2006, 8:25 am
People who commit suicide almost deserve it just for the fact that they do it. Suicide is like the most selfish, self-pitying, and cowardly thing you could do. Plus, the only people you hurt are the ones who actually care about you. Silly emo kids. Violence is hilarious.

I once killed myself over a game of FreeCell. Game pissed me off. Until I found out about the CTRL-SHIFT-F10 cheat code. I just kept insta-winning every level and my self esteem skyrocketed. I stopped shooting myself in the head after that.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 8:31 am
Don't judge people if you don't know them, you dont REALLY know what gone through his life, who knows.....but i do agree that there are much better things to get through life then just plain kill youself..

Swarmer
March 8, 2006, 8:41 am
How bad could his life have been? He has an education, doesn't have to work, gets free internet access, a nice computer, free meals, and a decent house probably. I doubt he knew the first thing about a hard life, and yet he ended it, because of some stupid game.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 8:41 am
for instants Quit the game if it gets you down that much,and on runescape there is a reporting system.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 9:32 am
but still, dont jugde a person unless you know them..

Elephant_Hunter
March 8, 2006, 9:49 am
... and how do you judge if you know a person? You have a very under-developed view of life, kitty.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 10:38 am
So we should laugh at other people's unfortunate events?You really dont know the person, i mean sure they say they KNOW Tom Cruise, but hey at home he could be a sadistic masterbating frreaak.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 12:10 pm
ok i posted that really fast because i had to go to a party in 2 minutes so meh, sry i couldnt explain........i cant find the actual story, because its probably in dutch, because this person was dutch :) theres like another link on that other link which links to the actual email and so on and so forth have fun.......

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 4:11 pm
how do you become that sadistic and stupid?

can't he be normal and drink his troubles away?

blackdevil0742
March 8, 2006, 7:01 pm
I would kill myself if I had to play that game!

Also GW is the game to play.

GAMEOVER
March 8, 2006, 7:16 pm
Anyone who does that has some serious under lying mental issues. Its not the games fault.

Liber_Lupus
March 8, 2006, 7:34 pm
Runescape is for cheating only.

damnnation
March 8, 2006, 7:35 pm
hah, sucker...

g-force9
March 8, 2006, 7:37 pm
I agree with GAMEOVER, someone who is that obsessed with a game should seek help. And how could this kid get that obsessed with Runescpae? I admit that I have an account for that game and I got scammed once, but that just me mad. This kid got hacked and he kills himself, what did he lost must have been worth a lot for Runescape. But I don't care for that game anymore, I havn't logged in for months.

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 8:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERAnyone who does that has some serious under lying mental issues. Its not the games fault.

Jack Tompson disagrees :O

?
March 8, 2006, 8:23 pm
I got hacked on uo about 3 times, each time loosing everything I had execpt a house i had placed, total loss was about 5 million in striaght up gold each time I got hacked plus the many items we had, we probably lost around 30 million worth of stuff in that game, and each time it took about a month to restore everything to the way it was, also I got scammed out of about 250 thousand gold when I was trying to buy a house once.... stuff happens... :P

mar77a
March 8, 2006, 8:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultNatural Selection.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 9:09 pm
 Quote:I got hacked on uo about 3 times, each time loosing everything I had execpt a house i had placed, total loss was about 5 million in striaght up gold each time I got hacked plus the many items we had, we probably lost around 30 million worth of stuff in that game, and each time it took about a month to restore everything to the way it was, also I got scammed out of about 250 thousand gold when I was trying to buy a house once.... stuff happens... :

I only play runescape to take people's accounts and get rid of all their stuff, delete their friends list, and get them totaly lost..(fools gives out their passwords for fake cheats)mmm but now a kid killed himself because he got hacked...maybe i should stop...or not..maybe..

The Geologist
March 8, 2006, 9:11 pm
Wow, you really are a douche.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 9:32 pm
they deserve it...

The Geologist
March 8, 2006, 9:46 pm
Why?

Edit: How?

March 8, 2006, 10:31 pm
I permanently quit RS a little while ago. I gave a friend of mine, who still plays, my password.
He was pretty ecsatic, because I had about 12 million gold's worth of stuff.

The moral of the story is, don't do drugs, or waste time on Runescape.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 10:58 pm
Runescape is a EMO game.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 1:23 am
YOUR AN EMO GAME!

ok the kid didnt commit suicide for his account getting hacked, but he had a bda life too, nd that was the last time he would take crap like that....but anywho, he's and idiot, if he thinks his life is so bad, he should've went to iraq, or africa

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 1:31 am
True, those people are starving everyday, no games, no tv, no nothing.

Stupid kid, shame on him for not respecting what God game him.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 1:46 am
africa sux damn camels and kangaroos everywhere

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 3:01 am
dont mention god......you know what happens.....

Rambo_6
March 9, 2006, 3:37 am
MMORPG's in general are a waste of time.

Basically, the person who spends the most time playing it will have the biggest advantage, meaning that in order to be good at it, you must play it for long periods of time.

The whole system is stupid. Just play a good FPS game... Or Soldat.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 3:41 am
hmmm but knight online is aight...but runescape is a EMo game i strick with that

Camping_Carl
March 9, 2006, 6:02 am
i almost killed my self when i lost my gamecube memory card but i found it ;)

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 7:38 am
 Quote:MMORPG's in general are a waste of time.

Basically, the person who spends the most time playing it will have the biggest advantage, meaning that in order to be good at it, you must play it for long periods of time.

You know they say games are generaly a waste of time :i

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 7:51 am
 Quote:Originally posted by thekingkitty Quote:MMORPG's in general are a waste of time.

You know they say games are generaly a waste of time :i

Swarmer
March 9, 2006, 10:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERAnyone who does that has some serious under lying mental issues. Its not the games fault.

I was just about to mention Jack Thompson too. I bet he's all over this.

Echo_Trail
March 9, 2006, 10:37 am
I read it, and I gotta admin I have my doubts whether this actually happened.

If so, i think it's really a sad story. And it sicken me how you guys think he's just a lame retard. When your life is messed up, even the strangest things can cause the rivers to overflow. I say this, because i nealy took the cheap way out once as well. I know what it's like to feel like you're all alone, and everyone sort of looks at you and laugh at you behind your back.

I also know that the line i just wrote above will be the source of a [CENSORED]load of jokes to come from all you smartasses, but I don't really care. No longer at least.
If there's a possibility this guy actually took his own life because of these things, I think we all owe him that much respect. If he didn't, and this is all just a lame joke.. Well, you guys won't get hurt for going with the first one.

EDIT: And really guys, it wasn't RS that caused this guy to kill him self, aight!

frogboy
March 9, 2006, 10:58 am
I doubt it's true - the story seems to be spread out over a load of forums and blogs. Anyway, suicide is for cowards.

Echo_Trail
March 9, 2006, 11:28 am
I agree. The harm you bring upon those who are left behind is unforgivable.

And though this story is doubtful, it might just be true. These things happen, you know.

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 11:33 am
I remember reading a news about these 2 guys redoing a scene they saw in GTA, the crashed 2 cars into each other, one of them died :/

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 12:32 pm
well kingkitty, that's what we call idiots :)

Echo, somebody said it was on the dutch news or something but anyways he has no reason to commit suicide, he gets education, he gets food every day, he has clean clothes and he gets to play video games. If he thinks his life is so horrible and awful because people make fun of him, he is oblivious of anything to do with 3rd world countries. He probably commited suicide to make the people around him feel bad and depressed and to feel sorry for him......which is a bad thing, and that makes him kind of a bad person. He also probably tried to make the people that bullied him feel bad, which obviously some didn't and wanted him dead anyways. Also, maybe the reason why his life was so bad is because he's an [CENSORED], or a [CENSORED] to everyone around him. You shouldn't really feel sorry for him though, because we don't know him, we don't know the truth so meh....

Echo_Trail
March 9, 2006, 1:03 pm
He get's more than most, that is probably true. Life isn't so simple though. Just because you have unlimited internet acces, three meals a day and the chance to go to school everyday doesn't make you happy.
You know when ppl commit suicide, and everyone goes, "But I don't get it! He was always smiling.".. It always take ppl by surprice, because it's usually the kids who have it all who ends up doing something like this.

He mentioned he had problems at home right? Nobody knows what those problems might be, but i doubt it's fighting over seats at the dinner table. For someone who doesn't live in such an inviroment it can be hard to understand just how depressing and imcredibely hard to carry this can be.
And don't get me wrong, i don't feel sorry for him now that he is dead. I feel sorry for him being pushed over the edge, and i feel sorry for the ones left behind. But he isn't a bad person for killing himself. He's rather a twisted kid, who just couldn't handle reality anymore. Which is probably also why he turned to videogames all day long.

This kid outlived his days in runescape. Imagine, if you can, that your life was taken away, as his account was hacked? I won't pretend to be a shrink or nothing, but i can only imagine he would feel kinda frightend..

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 1:05 pm
Imagine if i couldnt play soldat anymore :0

Rambo_6
March 9, 2006, 1:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Swarmer

Jack Johnson does too!

Swebonny
March 9, 2006, 4:57 pm
Ă„hum i got scammed in Runescape. 2 times accually...

I am thinking of selling that account. Its pretty good dude. But he gots nothing >_<. And i didnot sucide.

SuperKill
March 9, 2006, 7:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 MMORPG's in general are a waste of time.

you could sum it up with;
the less social life you got, the better your player will be.

a-4-year-old
March 9, 2006, 8:07 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailHe get's more than most, that is probably true.

Here in america, we call that being a celebrity. They don't kill themselves. Infact, Celebrities get hacked every other day!

paramud
March 11, 2006, 7:17 am
Thats what you get when you give a pussy a computer.

~AcE~
March 11, 2006, 8:09 am
Games don't cause suicide. Social lives cause suicide. Suicide is a place to escape away when life has you. Death is no different than life; this statement cannot be proven or disproven.

That being said, suicide is pointless without first committing mass murder.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 2:53 pm
EXACTLY, WHY DIDNT HE TAKE ATLEAST 3 PEOPLE WITH HIM GEEEEEEZ

Meandor
March 13, 2006, 5:38 pm
lol! can i haev his stuff plz???

Soulsnipa
March 15, 2006, 8:51 pm
it was fake...read some of the othe rposts.

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 9:50 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Meandorlol! can i haev his stuff plz???

lol meandor, you're [CENSORED]ing messed up :P

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 10:07 am
and this was brought back, why?

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 12:36 pm
because 98% of the soldat population will try, does or has stolen the alpha flag.
If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, steal this sig and modify it now!

frogboy
March 31, 2006, 1:05 pm
Holy [CENSORED]! I just realised that [CENSORED] Extacide's gone!

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 2:46 pm
Hey, there was an update on Runescape.com about the kid's death. They didn't specifically talk about him, they just like, said... it's just a game and it can deliver tragic results and [CENSORED] like taht.
 Quote:RuneScape is a fun, challenging, and exciting game which is very important part of the life of many people. More important to us here at Jagex is our players' well-being and safety while they play the game. We realise that a lot of our players can get very passionate and immersed in the game and we would like to take a time out to remind everyone to take care while playing. We have a whole section of our website dedicated to your safety and health which we would recommend you take the time to read; simply follow the Safety and Security guidelines link on the front page.
Whilst playing the game will mostly be a fun and rewarding experience there are times of great frustration involved with that fun, something which helps give the game the sense of challenge which we all know and love. The loss of items due to character death or the actions of other players can all be very disappointing but it must be kept in the context that without these setbacks the victory would not be as sweet. Always remember that this is just a game, that it should never become your life, and that you should always be making time for other activities such as your studies or job, and meeting your friends in real life. Also remember that if events in the game are getting too emotional then you should take a break from the game and do something less stressful until you're happy to return.

If you continue to feel upset due to an in-game incident then we would recommend that you continue to take a break from the game and talk to someone. You could talk to a family member, work colleague, teacher or friend; whomever you feel the most comfortable with. There is also counselling available in most areas which can easily be found on the Internet or a local telephone directory. RuneScape will still be here when you return and will be filled with even more new content for you to enjoy.

We are aware that a small minority of players attempt to scam in RuneScape and we are continuously introducing new ways to protect you while playing and prevent scamming from happening. Already we have Customer Support, the player mods, Bank PINs, and the Password Support system in place, with more innovations being developed all the time. However all of these systems can only be truly effective if you work with them and use them regularly.

It is vitally important that everyone secures both their accounts and the computers which they use to play the game. To secure your account you should have a hard to guess password, a Bank PIN set in-game, and recovery questions set via the main website. Full details on how to secure your PC can be found in the Security Tips section of the main website. It is also important never to tell anyone your password or to share your account with anyone.

Whilst buying or selling goods in the game, always remember to read the second trade window as it shows everything that will be traded. Also, always be careful and pay full attention to the game whilst in dangerous areas so that your character does not get killed and cause you to lose valuable items. This goes doubly so for the Wilderness where monsters and players can attack you. If you don't want to lose an item then the best thing to do is avoid taking it anywhere where you might lose it. Finally everyone has access to the Report Abuse button at the bottom of the screen so you can hit that button and help us remove the small minority of rule breakers who get in the way of honest play.

At Jagex we are fully aware that behind each character is a real person, many of whom put in a lot of effort and passion into their accounts. When someone in game is hijacked, scammed, or verbally abused it can seriously upset the person in real life and can sometimes lead to tragic results. This is why we not only put so much effort into improving the game content but also deterrents against breaking the rules. This is also why we will remove from play anyone found breaking our rules. RuneScape is not a place for a small minority to abuse other players. Jagex will continue to use all the resources at its disposal to ensure RuneScape stays a fun, honest, and enjoyable place for you to spend your time.

Rhombus
March 31, 2006, 3:10 pm
Killing yourself is for the weak. If you hate what somebody did to you... you should kill that somebody, not yourself. Any person with common sense would say: meh, [CENSORED] it.... [CENSORED] you, I'm going to have fun with something else.

Deleted User
March 31, 2006, 10:50 pm
hah see it was real

Sowaka
April 3, 2006, 5:14 pm
I see this story all over the forums when I look it up... in other languages too o_O Are there any actual news reports about the kid committing suicide over the game? I wouldnt put it past someone though... people commit suicide over anything now.

And I used to play RS untill I got hacked... then it took me a month to get my passwrod back and then I was banned on the same day for some reason... then after mailing them they said I could get my account back and would have to do passwrod recovery to get it back. Then they deleted my account before the password recovery sent me the password =_= Got me down but eh... made me alot happier now that my life wasnt consumed in such a horrible game XD

damnnation
April 3, 2006, 6:38 pm
why kill youself, i'd just ask if someone would beat me up or something, so i can never walk again or you know,that you can't move anything but you still can talk and stuff, what's it called...(paralaized?)atleast you can still live a bit then...

BUT DUDE, OVER A GAME!, WTF, NEEEERRDDZZZZ!!!

Deleted User
April 3, 2006, 7:55 pm
I think being paralized sucks more then death. I mean, people wont look at you equally. You cant walk or eat/shower yourself? Id have to live in a hospital and make people pay for my care. Thats sad.. =[

lithium
April 3, 2006, 7:58 pm
haha yea why would you rather be paralyzed damnation?

@topic: suicide is, in my opinion, a sign of weak character and mindless, selfish escapism. Anybody who has an ounce of strength in their mind won't commit suicide just because they're a loner and their best friend hacks their account on a [CENSORED]ing game.

shoover
April 4, 2006, 12:12 am
(finds the myspace suicide articles)
(crosses myspace and puts runescape)

same thing.

Marine
April 4, 2006, 1:02 am
You guys are idiots, seriously. It's easy to tell who are the more mature members here by seeing you guys post. Obviously the kid had something wrong with him....bad parenting, maybe he was bullied at school, but he definitely had some sort of chemical inbalance in his brain...nobody just kills themself over a videogame unless there is something seriously wrong in their heads.

Anybody who kills themself over something like this needed help upstairs to begin with.

n00bface
April 4, 2006, 1:17 am
Marine cuts himself when he is feeling down

shoover
April 4, 2006, 2:12 am
Suicide kid: I have friends!
Imaginary Friend: Lol

Think about those 2 lines.

mar77a
April 4, 2006, 2:29 am
Imaginary friends are always there when you need them....are they?

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 12:20 pm
GET INTO THE GAME!

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 12:38 pm
[sarcasm]That kids a true gamer[/sarcasm]

frogboy
April 4, 2006, 12:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MarineAnybody who kills themself over something like this needed help upstairs to begin with.
Not to mention someone who plays Runescape in the first place.

Captain Ben
April 4, 2006, 2:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboy Quote:Originally posted by MarineAnybody who kills themself over something like this needed help upstairs to begin with.
Not to mention someone who plays Runescape in the first place.

[CENSORED]

Deleted User
April 4, 2006, 3:01 pm
I played it for a few minutes then I realised it was crap so I dint play it anymore. the end

lithium
April 4, 2006, 7:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by PsychoI played it for a few minutes then I realised it was crap so I dint play it anymore. the end

myeah.

Marine, there isn't necessarily anything physically/chemically wrong with his brain...it's possible that he had just been [CENSORED]ed with for so long that he put the game on the same level as his life (or probably higher) and when he lost that, he decided he had nothing left to live for.

Marine
April 5, 2006, 8:22 pm
...anyone who puts the game on a higher priority than his life, and completely negelects the social and (probably) academic areas of his life, has something wrong with him and needs help.

Deleted User
April 5, 2006, 8:50 pm
marine wanna be friends?

Deleted User
April 9, 2006, 10:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoomarine wanna be friends?

LOL.
Anyway, I agree with most people. Suicide isn't the answer... unless you are stuck in a war and there are enemies surrounding you adn you have no teammates or support. That's what Hitler did. Hitler's [CENSORED]. And ugly. And has a horrible mustache.

Deleted User
April 10, 2006, 1:30 am
No, hitler was pretty hot

Rhombus
April 10, 2006, 10:12 am
anybody who thinks suicide is the way out... doesn't deserve to live.

frogboy
April 10, 2006, 10:45 am
Hitler would've been killed anyway. Killed or imprisoned, which is arguably worse than death.

EDIT: Yay, Godwin!