( search forums )
Drastic Changes?...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 1:12 am
Ok, with Michal's new game that he's working on, im sure that (not trying to be a negative about the situation) Soldat's lifespan is almost over.
It was fun while it lasted, and if Michal releases it's source code then there may be somone willing to take Soldat further.
I mean let's face the facts, I realize that Michal said that he is'nt finished with Soldat...but can you really blame him?
It's come a long way but im sure that it gets boring working on the same game from time to time.
Who knows, maybe im wrong, but I have some questions that I have been thinking about since Michal told us of his new project, here goes...
This Forum for one, if his new game is as big a success as Soldat, then will this forum's name be changed and be one big forum?
Like a homepage that has two catagories, Soldat and his new game (please excuse me I forgot the name of it).
I for one think it that the new game should just be added to this site, thus keeping everyone's post counts, ranks, ect.
Another thing is, will this game be free like Soldat but have a $9 registration fee (for those nifty little extras)?
What if we hsve already registered Soldat, does that mean that we will be registered on the new game as well?
I for one have registered Soldat and if I had to buy another registration key I would be more than happy to, but it would just be more (whats the correct spelling?) convieniant to not have to buy another one, but just simply make the Soldat registration keys compatible with the new game as well...
I'm just throwing around ideas here but I know that I'm not the only one who has considered these things.
These are questions, that in my opinion, need to be awnsered.
Please dont flame this topic people, its a serious and legitiment question that at lease I would like to know.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 1:22 am
Hey Sethamundo..
Well yes, your right? I mean.. if he is working on a new project, then hes obviously seeking to entertain himself by making new things like planes and experimenting even more with other things, other then Soldat.
I think it would be nice if he could let us be members in the other game too, 'whenever' it may be released. Or even if it will.
I start to wonder why I payed 9 dollars for colored flames Lol, wow. But Im glad I did, since I contributed to his effort for this maginificent game.

Yeah, your not the only one who has, I sometimes wonder too.
This game could be possibly be taken further, with the help of a few minds and stuff.
This game to me personally is like the best game ever. Its free, non-hassle (NO STUPID LVLING UP.) takes actual skill, and well its just purely awesome.

Btw, did you get a new internet connection yet? :P

Koon
March 8, 2006, 1:48 am
Michal said that he's not abandoning Soldat so I'm willing to accept that, even if he did I think Soldat would last several more years still.

.Twelve
March 8, 2006, 1:51 am
Soldat still has a ways to go. I'm betting the community will dry up before Michal gives up on it.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:05 am
im planning i quiting soldat in bout hmmm.......5 days

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:41 am
^Then why do you come here?
Anyway, whats this new game that you guys are talking about? I doubt he would stop suddenly though. And when he does release the source code, at least one of us is going to experiment with it.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:42 am
it was a joke.....anyway whats this new game gonna be like?

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:43 am
He said soldat is not finished.

Therefore we can conclude that it is not finished.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:44 am
If you havent seen it before, this is his 'new project'.

http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=32058

Koon
March 8, 2006, 2:45 am
aw, you beat me to it DrivenUnder.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:55 am
never said it was not finished...but think about it...he must be getting occasionally bored...read what michal says bout his new project then re read mine and drivenunder's posts..i never said he was finished with it..just saying...soldat MAY be reaching the end of the road in the near future...not for sure...MAYBE...

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 9:51 pm
That wouldn't have anything to do with crimsonland, would it? The names rather similar
[URL]

bond_james_bond
March 8, 2006, 9:56 pm
too bad it will be going open source - maybe he could just hand over the project to someone else. Cause once the source code is realeased, the entire community will just split apart and fall to pieces. With 7 different versions of Soldat to choose from - Soldat will die out and no one will play and I can no longer play my favorite game with real people.

Ok
March 8, 2006, 9:58 pm
Hey that's a good idea, lets pretend Soldat is dead, all the noobs will leave and than we can have fun like the old times!

bja888
March 8, 2006, 11:44 pm
Too bad the noobs dont read the forums.

Beren
March 9, 2006, 1:48 am
James has a point...but what would Soldat be under someone else's rule? I suppose there's people he'd trust to give it to...

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 2:05 am
still it wouldnt feel the same to me if somone else was to continue it....Micahl Marcinkowski is a name that we've all looked up to.. :*tear*

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 9:11 pm
Woah, woah WHAT? MM's Workin' on a new game? How come I never knew this...

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 10:24 pm
lol because mr angry....many people dont read the official news forums as much as they should...*hint hint* lol

mike323
March 10, 2006, 12:32 am
Soldat's lifespan is not over, and far from it. Every week I play, it never gets old. The barat, however, did get old, and that was solved. Then soldat was decent for awhile. Now, the m79 is old. Thats why I host my own weaponmodded server with whimsical weapons.

Soldat still isn't old.