( search forums )
Doncha(blah blah blah somthing yeah)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:46 am
OMFG dotn u just hate that sogn that goes

Doncha wish ur girlfriend was hot like me??

IMEANHOW[CENSORED]INGSLUTTYISTHAT???

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:49 am
yea, its rap, and rap is crap, rapcrapmapdap. plaptapgaphapchapfap!
rap sux!
its not even music, it violent poetry

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:51 am
YAY FINALY SUM1 WHO THINKS RAP SUCKS!! COS IT DOES

and they dont have any talent(only that they talk really fast)

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 2:56 am
Yeah, especially how Im a girl.
I do find myself thinking, "what the hell, stop it! just stop! lol".
Yeah, its catchy though. :P

The Geologist
March 8, 2006, 3:01 am
 Quote:Originally posted by semagae
its not even music, it violent poetry

Dude...know what you're talking about before you make a generalization like that. Rap and hip hop are not by their nature violent, and to think so is just ignorant.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 3:05 am
well, from all* the rap i've everheard(exept a select few) are all about violence, hoes, da hood, or sex...
its the only rap i've heard anywhere :/

n00bface
March 8, 2006, 3:19 am
yeah well generally the big names in any genre are cheesy crap and do a bad job at representing the rest of the genre.
fortunately for your argument, rap is still pretty meh.

but ya i do wish my girlfriend was hot like you

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 3:21 am
can't spell crap without rap..

n00bface
March 8, 2006, 3:29 am
can't spell flame without lame!!!!!

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 3:33 am
cant set sail without an army of pen pals swimming over the hill

m00`
March 8, 2006, 7:34 am
cant spell m00 without 00! hoho

zaraza
March 8, 2006, 8:48 am
"Doncha wish ur girlfriend was hot like me?" is more like ... RnB I think, and everyone know that RnB sucks... ;)

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 8:50 am
u cant spell stfu with out tfu

Swarmer
March 8, 2006, 8:53 am
Cant spell noobface without noob!
Cant spell psycho without ho!
Cant spell m00` without 0`m0!

I don't think you can consider rap as any high form of literature. It disregards content for rhythm and form. Just because you know how to molest a rhyming dictionary doesn't mean you are a poet. True, some rap can be meaningful and much more profound, but in general, it's pretty much without any variation from the default style. It's just simple, usually forced rhymes, a topic on materialism or egotism, and a monotonous and repetitive iambic verse. I could write an automated random rap generator and no one would know the difference.

thekingkitty
March 8, 2006, 9:30 am
Yo Yo I live with my Ho Hoes

I live in the streets dancing to the beats

I make my name by being lame

But all i want is some fame is that really a bad game?

But i know fo sure that my tacos are cool and they make me drool

Dance to the music dance and prance

Lets go to France

raping is easy

zaraza
March 8, 2006, 9:33 am
and your brain is cheesy...

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 4:14 pm
rap is to music as etch a scetch is to art

damnnation
March 8, 2006, 5:02 pm
dontcha wish a-4-year-old was banned like someone who is banned?
no offnece, 4yearold, just wanted to say that 8)

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 6:36 pm
be it cause o me speeling?

damnnation
March 8, 2006, 6:50 pm
yes

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 7:03 pm
oh, n00bface didn't have to say that, made me laugh : /...i'm terrible

papasurf31
March 8, 2006, 7:37 pm
Pussy Cat Dolls is not rap, you [CENSORED]ing dumbasses.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 8:09 pm
Seriously, you people do no actual research what so ever...

Actually take some time to see older rap/ hop-hop before people like 50 whatever (fiddy?) Came out and destroyed it >_>

a-4-year-old
March 8, 2006, 8:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Mister AngrySeriously, you people do no actual research what so ever...

Actually take some time to see older rap/ hop-hop before people like 50 whatever (fiddy?) Came out and destroyed it >_>

it was undestroyed?

?
March 8, 2006, 9:00 pm
What you guys are doin with rap I can do with any genre

Country: I beat my wife, drink, get divored and loose my dog.

Pop: I want to dance and have a cute boyfriend/girlfriend

Punk: I hate religion and government, so im cool.

Goth: Satan has all the power, lets kill christians.

Tencho: boom bop dee bum dee bop bop

RocknRoll: Break the law and have sex.

Blues: Man life sucks

Chakra`
March 8, 2006, 9:16 pm
Both a little true and false Mister Angry...

the old school hip hop was indeed cool. But theres alot of modern stuff out that you just gotta dig deeper than ever before to find. None of this bling crap, all about things true to life with sweeter-than-sweet beats and lyrics too leet for your seat.

-VzX- Silverflame
March 8, 2006, 9:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfacecan't spell flame without lame!!!!!

dont say that :'(

The Geologist
March 8, 2006, 9:38 pm
Wow...how many of you go through life spouting off such generalizations? Do you look into anything before you form an opinion, or just wear blinders?

Swarmer...put your money where your mouth is, even though I know you're joking. But since you seem to be such an authority, what is this "default style"? And while we're at it, got any examples of these "forced" rhymes? Pardon my skepticism, but it sounds like you, just as many others in this thread, have fallen prey to overgeneralization without really knowing what you're talking about. Are you just another kid spouting "rap is crap" because of the "popular" hip hop you hear? I hope not.

No one has said rap is "high literature" yet. Just trying to clear up the foolish little misconception that most or all rap/hip hop is about or glorofies drugs, violence, etc. Whether or not you (in a general sense, not anyone specific) like rap/hip hop is up to you..I can understand why people wouldn't like it. But to say that it's all about this or it's all about that, after you've already made up your mind based off of a skewed observation is just foolish.

-VzX- Silverflame
March 8, 2006, 9:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistWow...how many of you go through life spouting off such generalizations? Do you look into anything before you form an opinion, or just wear blinders?

Swarmer...put your money where your mouth is, even though I know you're joking. But since you seem to be such an authority, what is this "default style"? And while we're at it, got any examples of these "forced" rhymes? Pardon my skepticism, but it sounds like you, just as many others in this thread, have fallen prey to overgeneralization without really knowing what you're talking about. Are you just another kid spouting "rap is crap" because of the "popular" hip hop you hear? I hope not.

No one has said rap is "high literature" yet. Just trying to clear up the foolish little misconception that most or all rap/hip hop is about or glorofies drugs, violence, etc. Whether or not you (in a general sense, not anyone specific) like rap/hip hop is up to you..I can understand why people wouldn't like it. But to say that it's all about this or it's all about that, after you've already made up your mind based off of a skewed observation is just foolish.

whats your "opinion" on rock and other genres?

The Geologist
March 8, 2006, 10:13 pm
I think other genres and music in general is a highly personalized creation, and there is a strong distinction to be made between someone producing any kind of music for a passion or for a price. It represents a freedom of expression that's so ancient it represents a part of the human spirit and experience. To this effect, the outcome is not something everyone will like, and therein lies one of the driving forces behind music.

If everyone liked everyting there would be no drive to inspire to continue...the good feeling one gets upon creating or listening to a favorite piece of music would disappear like a fart in the wind. Yet regardless of what genre a person likes (I prefer many kinds...the list would be too long), their reasons for liking or disliking need not go beyond feeling.

Feeling is enough in this case. When people start tacking on "reasons" for a genre to be bad, especially when those reasons are excessive generalizations, then I feel people have failed to begin to understand the beast which they are trying to constrain.

Deleted User
March 8, 2006, 10:55 pm
mmmm Geos true......but then why Reckon ntot accept i liek Disturbed n Mudvayne!!!

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 1:33 am
Music sucks in general. Silence is golden.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 3:43 am
Music is good to listen to it really brings out ur emotions(depends)

rabidhamster
March 9, 2006, 4:38 am
lol at kingkitty

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 7:39 am
aww your sig is a quote of me:o..

Milkman Dan
March 9, 2006, 7:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?
Goth: Satan has all the power, lets kill christians.

Thats not goth, most goths are wicca [CENSORED]s or christians or atheist

damnnation
March 9, 2006, 4:43 pm
OR CRAZY!!

?
March 9, 2006, 8:28 pm
 Quote:or christians
I've never met a christian goth... ive met christian emos though...

n00bface
March 9, 2006, 9:56 pm
my old school had a christian goths after school group hahahahah

and yeah, there are more christian goths than are satanist goths... mostly "wiccans" though.

?
March 9, 2006, 10:14 pm
if they are wiccans then they really aren't christians... although they may say they are... tons of people say they are christians and are really not don't be fooled guys

wormdundee
March 10, 2006, 12:19 am
And it's usually those people who give a bad name to Christianity. I really dislike it when you hear people talking about having Christianity forced on them, that's not what it's supposed to be about at all.

The worst offenders are usually televangelists, they're all out just to make a buck.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 3:24 am
im not christian.....F that god aint real.

damnnation
March 10, 2006, 3:44 pm
i don't really believe in god, and all the crap around it, i do believe in ife after death, some peaple seeing ghosts (i know someone and he and his wife/daughter/2sons see a ghosts evere night at exactly 01.30, pretty creepy...)

Judge_Man
March 10, 2006, 5:18 pm
Why don't you go visite him to take a picture HMMM?? I just don't believe that.

n00bface
March 10, 2006, 5:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ?if they are wiccans then they really aren't christians... although they may say they are... tons of people say they are christians and are really not don't be fooled guys

No, I'm saying there are more christian goths than satanist goths. But there are more wiccans than anything.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 5:53 pm
I belive on god and jesus!

thekingkitty
March 10, 2006, 11:14 pm
hey how the hell did this become a doncha thread to a religion thread?!?

Milkman Dan
March 10, 2006, 11:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by sotijaI belive on god and jesus!

I want to belive all over jesus' face

n00bface
March 10, 2006, 11:38 pm
i want to believe in christ's anus

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 11:44 pm
Jesus loves both of you...

TIME FOR A THREEWAY!!!

Swarmer
March 11, 2006, 4:39 am
Geologist:
WHY would you ask me to give examples? We both know I could find some straw-man without searching any harder than one Google search and 3 or 4 clicks. You should give an example of rap/hip-hop song or artist that has some actual profundity, or well-thought-out lyrics, or intricately composed music. Now I know you could probably name a few, so that doesn't help much. But you can't deny that the majority of the genre is pretty conformist and terrible. It's that genre I am attacking. If you know of some rogue artist who doesn't suck then sure, go like him. I'm talking about the rap/hip-hop that wails from the radio all the time. The "default style" I'm talking about is the average of all within the genre. I'm sure we can both agree that the average sucks, and because of this, it is less fair for you to say the genre is meaningful than for me to say that the genre is a no-effort get-rich-scheme.

I pretty much consider almost all contemporary music this way. Name a genre that can't have a well-made computer program generate a song that is as good as the average of that genre. The music I consider worthwhile is the kind with elements of humaness in it, not mathematical patterns or content that targets that hedonist in us.

@damnation:
How do you beleive in life after death but not god? With a matter as important as that, it's important to take time to contemplate the theology behind it. And ghosts? If you beleive in ghosts becuase your friends tell you they play a role in thier life, then why don't you beleive in god when people say he is plainly apparent in thier life?

n00bface
March 11, 2006, 6:54 am
cos he wants to be trendy