( search forums )
VB 6
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Koon
March 9, 2006, 3:06 am
Can someone suggest a good tutorial or learning site for visual basic 6 proffesional, I could find one myself but I'd rather get the opinion of someone who already has used one.

FliesLikeABrick
March 9, 2006, 4:56 pm
http://dorothy.u13.net/~ryan/vb6tutorial

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 4:58 pm
Ahahahaha

Yukwunhang
March 9, 2006, 5:30 pm
Hahahahaha <3 Flies and true.

Soulsnipa
March 9, 2006, 6:11 pm
wow vb is easy

Dark_Noddy
March 9, 2006, 7:14 pm
ROFL ! nice one flies !

bja888
March 9, 2006, 7:32 pm
LMFAO!!!

Learn a language that can be applied...
[URL]

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 8:54 pm
lol at a friends party, i found sex for dummies in my friends bathroom....RAWR

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 6:15 pm
www.vbtutor.net

Oh, and Flies, it's not funny :(
It's better if you explain yourself at least. Im guessing this are the disadvantages of VB which make you post that link:
* the syntax is a piece of crap
* it's only for windows

Post the other ones

bja888
March 10, 2006, 7:17 pm
VB.Net is current version.
VB6 is dead.

+VB6 is a scripting language. Not a programming language.

Elephant_Hunter
March 10, 2006, 8:00 pm
For all you idiots who have been spamming this topic instead of answering Koon's rather simple question, I'd like to point that Polyworks was made in VB. I would hand out a warning to you all, but Flies is the mature administrator, not me :P

Quote:Originally posted by bja888VB.Net is current version.
VB6 is dead.

+VB6 is a scripting language. Not a programming language.

Many people still don't have the .NET framework to even run VB.net. Some of the forumers are still using operating systems (like 95) that can't run .NET applications at all. Granted, you could say, "That's their problem." Really, it's your problem. That's less people who are using your program because of compatibility reasons. Oh, and since Javascript is considered a programming language (a serious one at that), I would imagine that VB6 is a programming language too.

I don't think it's right that eight out of the nine replies to this topic are crap. Way to represent our forum!

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 8:26 pm
Hahaha, Visual Basic 6 a scrpting language? lol. There's a smaller scripting version of VB called VBS, that comes with win98 (duno about other OS). Just save your text files with .vbs and you'll see.

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 8:29 pm
And VB6 is far from dead.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 8:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter
Way to represent our forum!

That was in fact the perfect way to represent these forums. They are immature, full of spam, and almost no help at all most of the time. We did a damn good job.

Oh, and if I did know some way to help Koon I would have. Sure it would've been better to not post at all, but I felt it necessary to comment on what Flies did. Which, even though I know nothing about VB and whether it's good or not, is humorous nonetheless.

And since I'm bored and feel like further defending myself and dragging this thread to an even more pointless conclusion, it could be interpreted that all of us were indeed helping Koon by further strengthening Flies's opinion. Seeing to it that Koon doesn't start learning something "useless" while he could be doing something better with his time. Koon was looking for the opinion of someone who's used a VB tut and Flies seems to give the impression that he has, and that it was worthless.

Also, you didn't help Koon either, you just yelled at all of us while defending VB. Congrats.

Elephant_Hunter
March 10, 2006, 9:07 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77aHahaha, Visual Basic 6 a scrpting language? lol. There's a smaller scripting version of VB called VBS, that comes with win98 (duno about other OS). Just save your text files with .vbs and you'll see.

Technically it is a scripting language. The half-compiled script is put into the exe and decoded by a runtime interpreter. That's the reason why VB was one of the first languages by MS to feature advanced debugging, like the immediate and watch windows.

bja888
March 10, 2006, 9:10 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Swazo
Also, you didn't help Koon either, you just yelled at all of us while defending VB. Congrats.
lol
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888
VB6 is dead.
Currection... VB6 is dieing. At an extreamly rapid rate.
 Quote:Originally posted by mar77a
Hahaha, Visual Basic 6 a scrpting language?
You can compile JScript now... Why don't we defend JScript as one of the best programming languages out there.

Like I said....
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888
Learn a language that can be applied...
[URL]

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 9:13 pm
Well, at least you cant look at the source with a simple ASCII text editor.

FliesLikeABrick
March 10, 2006, 9:34 pm
My post was not spam, it was merely a statement that I wouldn't use VB6. I am not saying that you shouldn't use VB6 if you're looking to make useful applications, I just think that learning something like C++ will give you a much, much better background and understanding in programming.

My reply was valid, it was a very concise tutorial on VB6. 'tis the lounge, and although serious conversation does occur here, it is my understanding that posts like mine are not misplaced. It isn't bashing, just a serious sharing of opinion.

Now if this thread turned to flaming and blatant spam (which is odd, considering the post count doesn't matter here), myself or another moderator would step in and clean up the thread. To reiterate though, I don't think that is the case ;)

mar77a
March 10, 2006, 9:45 pm
c++ ftw.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 10:37 pm
For a second there I thought you were "citA" posting CC FTW again. Ugh...

rabidhamster
March 10, 2006, 11:07 pm
http://dorothy.u13.net/~ryan/

you got some weird stuff in there, flab.

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 11:09 pm
This thing is awesome.

http://dorothy.u13.net/~ryan/howitstarted.jpg

Elephant_Hunter
March 10, 2006, 11:40 pm
Ok Flies, since you wrote a witty post (despite the all-caps) I'll let you off with a slap on the wrist.

I almost forgot... every .NET language is just as much a scripting language as VB. Just thought bja ought to know that. They use a manifest file that is sometimes embedded in the exe to store half-compiled MSIL code.

Koon
March 11, 2006, 5:18 am
Thank you very much marr77a, after reading the first few replies I didn't even bother posting and found another one by myself, I think this one is better though.