( search forums )
More Grenade Options
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
kevman
March 9, 2006, 4:53 am
i think there should be some more variety in the grenade area of the game, maybe there can be concussion grenades where a players screen will just shake in every direction, or maybe a new type of idea that i was thinking of, a "Bullet Time Sphere", in this idea a player throws it and a sphere will appear and when people enter it they go into bullet time, it would disable after a short period of time, and if a player tried shooting into the sphere the bullets would goto into bullet time or just not be able to penetrate it, another grenade idea could be implosion grenades, this could just make a suction and any players nearby would be sucked towards it then it explodes and does damage, (excluding team mates).

P.S a-4-yearold please do not post on this thread, your feedback is negative and unwanted

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 9, 2006, 5:24 am
Concussion: The screen already shakes with normal nades, if it shakes even worst it's going turn ugly.
Bullet Time Sphere: Strange Idea, might work as some sort of "slowing down" granade, but that doesn't have a counterpart in real life.
Implosion: Well, this would be weird, because it would just drag you into the core of the nade and then explode, which would just kill you anyways. Also, if FF is off, then I imagine alot of boosting to be happening.

kevman
March 9, 2006, 5:25 am
thanks for the good feedback lunar

bja888
March 9, 2006, 7:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by kevman
P.S a-4-yearold please do not post on this thread, your feedback is negative and unwanted

lol

Not a bad idea but I don't like the concussion idea. Maybe something like a flash-bang or sticky nades. Sticky nades glue you to the ground and its hard to move.

LawSuit
March 10, 2006, 3:10 am
OOH! Lemme contribute!
Concussion: Yes, nades already shake, and it lags things down a lot. 3/10
Bullet-Time: Decent, and seems intresting. Reminds me of Timesplitters:FP... 7/10
Implosion: Like the Metroid: Fusion power bomb! It should suck, but only if it explodes FIRST, or doesn't do any damage at all. 7/10

These seem super-unrealistic, so I suggest just making a new mod yourself to include these.
Also- Flash Bangs DO NOT belong here- this is NOT Counterstrike. It would horribly hurt your eyes, and may give others a seizure. Sticky nades are a fun idea, but then there should be rubber grenades that bounce without losing kinetic force (Boing, Boing, Boing). I'd like a nade that would somehow knock everyone near it on their back for a sec, or something that would leave a fire or gas that could be like poison damage in an RPG.
Good ideas, but don't belong in a game meant to seem realistic. WOULD belong in something like Unreal Tournament.

Yuth
March 10, 2006, 5:54 am
I HATE- the screen shaking, ruins the jumping when standing on the polygon.

Games shouldn't be too realistic, they can be futuristic; with everything, anything is possible.
In other words; with the ingredients, you can create.

Soldat shouldn't be too down to earth in my opinion.

I like the Slow-Mo Sphere and Implosion Grenade...
Though I don't think Soldat should have that as a default.

Instead there should be more options implemented into WM.
Option to add more slots etc, as in not having only two weapons, not only one type of grenades.

Also, I think along with using WM you should be able to upload the Weapons.gfx- would be nice.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 7:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by kevmanP.S a-4-yearold please do not post on this thread, your feedback is negative and unwanted

who is a-4-yearold? hmm, guess it doesn't apply to me.

kevman, your ideas are well thought out and easy to understand.

concussion: perhaps the screen could black out or white out?

bullet time sphere: I personaly do not like the idea because it doesn't fit the game somehow. kind of like choclate and soda, two great things but they dont taste good together, now ice cream on the other hand.....

imploding nades:This idea sounds intresting, and i hope that soldat's physics would be able to handle sucking, but sucking would be a bit like gravity, which i do not support. so this one is kind of up there.

Arbalest
March 14, 2006, 6:10 am
OMG, so this is how to get you posting positive and well thought up feedback. Reverse-Psychology!
Anyways my feedbacks are:

Concussion Grenade: Interesting concept it could difinitely used to throw barret campers' aim off. But should it give also give some damage if people gets too close to the initial explosion of it? Oh and can it also have the effect of making people drop their weapons if they gets too close to the initial explosion or is standing? Just for pure realism and tactical fun.

Bullet-time sphere: How big is the sphere gonna get? This grenade seems abit unrealistic and confusing. I would rather have a power-up that turns the current frame into bullet type instead of just a sphere of bullet time on the screen. But I guess your idea could be fun, it could be used so that as one or a group of enemy is about to get your flag or is escaping with the flag, then you throw a bullet-time sphere grenade and trap the person or group inside to temporarily slow him down so your teammates could catch up and mob the guy once the sphere disappears. Sigh.. I guess the idea could be implemented for some tactical use but it's not necessary. And like the 4-years-old said, it just doesn't feel right in soldat.

Implosion Grenade: What is the suction radius and how fast does people gets sucked in? You have to make it a decent suction radius with a fast suction speed for it to be used frequently. Oh and can player escape from it with jet or plainly running? Hope they can't or the thing is useless. If the grenade meets the above expectation then it could be useful. VERY useful... heh heh heh...

- Tek -
March 14, 2006, 6:27 am
Yeah time sphere would be awesome. but it should explode around you, and not be throwable. Like if you are about to get hit by 5 guys, and you activate it it could help. But you'd also be slow, it would jsut help you think about getting through it. But then the same for the enemies. What it shoudl do is give you the slight advantage in speed and slow others

But what about smoke bombs? Flash bangs(not entire screen though, just a big white circle instead)?

What of weapons causing freezing or poison?

kevman
March 16, 2006, 5:13 am
see everyone thats all it takes is one persons idea then everyone else can feed on it, improving it and finding flaws, such as btg's (bullet time grenades) could be really cheap against a flag carrier and be used to slow him down, and then there is the issue with epileptics, but i think that if you WERE an epileptic, you wouldnt be playin soldat in the first place, and with concussion grandes if a person is to close they should/ could be temporaliy stunned, depending on distance, and if a player if directly above or around the concussion grenade it could do damage, im just lovin the enthusiasm everyone, thanks you for your support and concers, and 4-y/i, congrats, you actually said somethin not very hateful

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 1:43 pm
Smoke grandaes, mines, flash-bang granades, fast-explosion granades, glue granades, dynamite(expolsion, when hit, or by use radio-detonator)

Deleted User
March 18, 2006, 2:46 pm
Actally i love the idea!

Dibi Zibi
March 18, 2006, 5:48 pm
what idea?

l33t lamZz0r c4mp3r
March 22, 2006, 10:53 am
good idea... it will fully make the game so cool... mayb they could also mak stuff like smoke nades, weapon disable nades, poison nades (slowly depreciates health), Crazy ande (makes your soldat move randomly wihtout control only the gun)... very extensive topic!