( search forums )
Action Rolling? :D
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 5:51 am
Kinda like kickjumping, except right before the ledge you roll and do an action leap. What about that?

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 8:25 am
yeh that'd be cool, but you'd it jump straight up, or horizontaly? horizontal jumping would kick ass

kevman
March 9, 2006, 5:54 pm
that would be awesome, so this way its not as predictable as normal jumping

LawSuit
March 10, 2006, 2:47 am
I am not sure of what you are trying to say. What do you mean by kickjumping? Are you talking of the Mario-style jump kick thing (aka triangle jump) where you kick off a wall?
If you do, I don't understand what you said about the ledge and the rolling thing.
I'd guess your idea is to be able to jump again when you're up against a wall in the air.

Now, the judging- This would of course be a hard ability to get used to. Who's going to think about doing some fancy jumps when they're about to die? This isn't a game about super-abilities, just a bunch of guns, and people to shoot. If you're looking for super moves (sha-sha-shaa!)* then try the new Matrix game. Besides, how would you program this? I have no clue.
Also, is it vertical or horizontal? If vertical, then people will find a way to climb higher and cheap things up. If horizontal, and if it has a fast jump-off speed, then people will use it to fly faster.
Overall, it would be a fun additional thing, like the cigars, but would not be as usefull as you may think. Maybe not, but I'd personally invite this kind of ability.
*I watch King of the Hill...

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 3:19 am
don't form opinions if you don't even know what a kick-jump is, you were way off >: (

bja888
March 10, 2006, 3:46 am
When I get my 64x computer bilt I am making a kick jump video... Too many noobs

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 12, 2006, 4:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by LawSuitBesides, how would you program this? I have no clue.

Then maybe you have no clue what you're talking about.

UNKNOWN
March 12, 2006, 5:45 am
ur taking this way too far...the game is as good as it is. you dont need any hightech jumping actions, that wuold just ruin the game

HYPERFUNKBOT
March 12, 2006, 3:06 pm
yeah, unknown is probably right though.