( search forums )
So, I'm sitting here in class...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bja888
March 9, 2006, 2:23 pm
So here I am....
8:52 AM on a Thursday morning. Sitting in class room 204 in building 8 of my college campus. The people are slowly starting to come in even though class is only 5 min away from starting. After all this is not the smartest bunch of people on the campus. So, belive it or not. This is basically a retarded class. It is 2 levels below college level and called "Beginning algebra". Before I tell you how I made it into such a low level class I'll toss another nugget of info your way. I failed this class last smester. (different instructor)

Now, retarded I may be but I am still smarter then this. After all, I could be earning 40,000 a year on my high school education (or at least the things I learned outside if high school) if I worked full time.
Simply put... I don't care. When it came time to take the course placement test. I really wanted to get the thing over with. Which would also explain why I failed last smester.

...moral of the story. Take your time and do it right the first time.

... I seriously hate doing this bull [CENSORED].

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 2:40 pm
I have vacation yay

bja888
March 9, 2006, 2:46 pm
Spring break is next week :) Looks like i'll have time for a new soldoc version and maybe a linux beta.

-VzX- Silverflame
March 9, 2006, 2:48 pm
????.. not to be a *u know what* but im also in college.... to be honest, if you do the work and listen in class, you can pass...(not like me, i sit almost sleeping in all 4 of my classes, and i end up passing the course 4 months later with a B or higher..get that 0_o)

n00bface
March 9, 2006, 2:48 pm
I always thought you were like 13, so maybe the class is actually more suited to you than you think

what would your 40,000 a year job be if you were working right now instead of going to college??

-VzX- Silverflame
March 9, 2006, 3:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceI always thought you were like 13, so maybe the class is actually more suited to you than you think

what would your 40,000 a year job be if you were working right now instead of going to college??

mcdonalds? maybe taco bell? or walmart XD (btw im 20) and no bja888 isnt 13...lol

n00bface
March 9, 2006, 3:30 pm
if you worked for 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and 50 weeks a year in a fast food restaurant, you wouldn't get more than 20,000$ assuming you are working at minimum wage. which you usually are.

bja888
March 9, 2006, 3:44 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by -VzX- Silverflame????.. not to be a *u know what* but im also in college.... to be honest, if you do the work and listen in class, you can pass...(not like me, i sit almost sleeping in all 4 of my classes, and i end up passing the course 4 months later with a B or higher..get that 0_o)

If I can write an algorithom to predict the order in which someone would view the sections of my flash portfolio then I think I can pass beginnig algebra. I thing its a huge waist of time.

Quote:Originally posted by n00bfacewhat would your 40,000 a year job be if you were working right now instead of going to college??
Not too sure, there is a lot of things I can do. I think the one my agent has the most of is asp.net contract grunt work. At this point I can get 70% of C# programming jobs. Although I would prefer to keep with my freelance consulting.

The Geologist
March 9, 2006, 3:52 pm
40,000 a year may sound big, but it's really not..best to stick with it and maximize your earning potential. Still, I feel your pain...I'm stuck in my second semester of differental equations :/

bja888
March 9, 2006, 4:33 pm
40,000 right out of college is a good amount... but right out of high school??

n00bface
March 9, 2006, 5:01 pm
i can make 40,000 dealing cocaine and i don't even need to graduate high school

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 5:09 pm
Oh crap! Cocaine dealing?!? Why didn't I think of that! And here I am selling my internal organs. God damnit I wish I'd thought of that before I went to down Isakov's Discount Surgery Outlet.

/limps away while leaking out bodily fluids from the abdomen

bja888
March 9, 2006, 6:53 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwazoOh crap! Cocaine dealing?!? Why didn't I think of that! And here I am selling my internal organs. God damnit I wish I'd thought of that before I went to down Isakov's Discount Surgery Outlet.

/limps away while leaking out bodily fluids from the abdomen

LMFAO!

a-4-year-old
March 9, 2006, 7:54 pm
dood, i took that course in middle school...

dumbass.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 8:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by -VzX- Silverflame Quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceI always thought you were like 13, so maybe the class is actually more suited to you than you think

mcdonalds? maybe taco bell? or walmart XD (btw im 20) and no bja888 isnt 13...lol

i think he meant you.....$40,000 a year isn't alot, because you actually end up making $25,000.....but only in canada, my dad makes around $70,000, but then theres income tax and all these other things so there goes $20,000, but then half of my dad's leftover money goes too my brother, child support crap, which he doesnt need 1000 dollars a month but the judge ordered it anyways so there goes $12,000, so my dad ends up getting $38,000....and that's why i live in a [CENSORED]ing townhouse, instead of a big house.....BUT all of that might change when my brother becomes 14, and he gets to chose who he lives with :)

thekingkitty
March 9, 2006, 9:24 pm
also moral of the story, if you do not do good in school..

[COUGH]fastfood career[/COUGH]

.Twelve
March 9, 2006, 9:35 pm
No school tomorrow :D
I have all advanced classes except for Math. Stupid Algrebra.

Deleted User
March 9, 2006, 10:14 pm
me toooooo :D!!@1

PA day tomo

Vijchtidoodah
March 9, 2006, 10:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfacei can make 40,000 dealing cocaine and i don't even need to graduate high school

You can make a lot more than 40,000, but it's not something you really want to get into if you like your kneecaps. Trust me.

Cookie.
March 10, 2006, 1:01 am
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfacei can make 40,000 dealing cocaine and i don't even need to graduate high school

$90 bucks a gram bling bling!
Seriously drugdealing is a profitable business :P Its just too dangerous and there is no health and dental\pension plans!

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 1:02 am
up here in burlington, weed is pretty cheap.......

Cookie.
March 10, 2006, 1:07 am
 Quote:Originally posted by dascooup here in burlington, weed is pretty cheap.......

$10 a gram $50 for a 1/4? Its the same everywhere

Leo Da Lunerfox
March 10, 2006, 1:55 am
How the hell do you guys even know this?

bja888
March 10, 2006, 3:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-olddood, i took that course in middle school...

dumbass.

As did I. And I passed. Did you even read what I wrote? Skill is not in question, its motivation. I've been told I'm good with kids but this 4 year old is really starting to bug me.

I work freelnace... gov takes 1/3 or my pay.

frogboy
March 10, 2006, 4:57 am
The point is that you failed, while a-4-year-old, who's a complete and utter moron, took a similar course in middle school... and probably failed too.

Kazuki
March 10, 2006, 4:58 am
If you people really are all that amazing, I would like to see you actually use the knowledge you gain during your educational career and not just discard it (Ahem, a-4-year-old). If you're so wonderfully smart, why don't you start acting like it? Bragging to us is worth absolute jack if you don't prove it so every so often. In addition, a lot of you also need to learn some ethics and principles of morality. But hey, why should you care when you can just point, laugh, and call me a homosexual moron or whatever. These are my problems with society. People brag and claim that they're better than you, yet where is their proof? In the empty bottle of vodka on a Friday night?

Anyway, as long as we're describing class schedules, I figure I'd give mine. Next year, my junior year in high school, I've got 4 Advanced Placement classes; AP Chemistry, AP US History, AP English, AP Spanish 4. Added to that is Accelerated Pre-Calc and Advanced Computer Programming. I don't have a study hall, so I'm going to have to just power through it. Probably won't have much time to visit the forums or play Soldat until the second semester rolls along.

Anyway, Bja, just get it over with. That's about all I can say. That's what I always tell myself. You have to do it one way or the other, so just force yourself. It's all in the attitude, really.

Cookie.
March 10, 2006, 6:29 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KazukiIf you people really are all that amazing, I would like to see you actually use the knowledge you gain during your educational career and not just discard it (Ahem, a-4-year-old). If you're so wonderfully smart, why don't you start acting like it? Bragging to us is worth absolute jack if you don't prove it so every so often. In addition, a lot of you also need to learn some ethics and principles of morality. But hey, why should you care when you can just point, laugh, and call me a homosexual moron or whatever. These are my problems with society. People brag and claim that they're better than you, yet where is their proof? In the empty bottle of vodka on a Friday night?

Anyway, as long as we're describing class schedules, I figure I'd give mine. Next year, my junior year in high school, I've got 4 Advanced Placement classes; AP Chemistry, AP US History, AP English, AP Spanish 4. Added to that is Accelerated Pre-Calc and Advanced Computer Programming. I don't have a study hall, so I'm going to have to just power through it. Probably won't have much time to visit the forums or play Soldat until the second semester rolls along.

Anyway, Bja, just get it over with. That's about all I can say. That's what I always tell myself. You have to do it one way or the other, so just force yourself. It's all in the attitude, really.

THE PROOF IS IN MY EMPTY GODDAMN VODKA BOTTLE... .. Its Belevedere... Thats some classy vodka, therefore im better then you KEKE

Cookie.
March 10, 2006, 7:10 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxHow the hell do you guys even know this?

Double Post :D
Everyone in Canada knows the prices jeez

Deleted User
March 10, 2006, 7:19 am
and in new zealand....

Milkman Dan
March 10, 2006, 7:21 am

Hook me up DAWGGGGG

Also, university is crap DONT GO WHATEVER YOU DO DONT GOOOOO

bja888
March 10, 2006, 6:35 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by KazukiIf you people really are all that amazing, I would like to see you actually use the knowledge you gain during your educational career and not just discard it (Ahem, a-4-year-old). If you're so wonderfully smart, why don't you start acting like it? Bragging to us is worth absolute jack if you don't prove it so every so often. In addition, a lot of you also need to learn some ethics and principles of morality. But hey, why should you care when you can just point, laugh, and call me a homosexual moron or whatever. These are my problems with society.
Being able to pass a class and being able to make it in the real world have nothing to do with each other. Or at least in the school system I grew up in. These days, school only teaches you one thing... how to pass school.
 Quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
People brag and claim that they're better than you, yet where is their proof? In the empty bottle of vodka on a Friday night?
Nice try but no, I am against drinking. Care to make another generalization?
 Quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Yes those darn AP classes. I totally forgot I took them my freshmen though junior years. Those sucked because they just as hard as IB courses but we didnt get IB credits.

For those who don't know what IB is...
[URL]

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 12:41 am
for $50 i could get......i ferget, buts its alot cus its from a friend....don't worry kids i don't smoke it.

Swarmer
March 11, 2006, 5:03 am
Kazuki, Just from that post I can tell that you're asian (I'm asian too). I know youre being pushed by your parents to take all the hardest classes and go to Princeton and become a doctor and make 500k a year after 20 years in school. If you want to do that, then go for it. But if you're not sure, then seriously consider what you want to do. That happened to me and here I am in college, and I've realized that theres so much more to life than grades and making money. Do NOT make grades your number 1 priority! Make your number 1 priority understanding life. Now I'm not sure if I'm assuming too many things here, but if this applies, then heed my words. The Asian parent affect on ABC kids is really damaging, and I'm a victim.

n00bface
March 11, 2006, 6:49 am
kazuki isn't asian. lollerwaned

Cookie.
March 11, 2006, 7:30 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerKazuki, Just from that post I can tell that you're asian (I'm asian too). I know youre being pushed by your parents to take all the hardest classes and go to Princeton and become a doctor and make 500k a year after 20 years in school. If you want to do that, then go for it. But if you're not sure, then seriously consider what you want to do. That happened to me and here I am in college, and I've realized that theres so much more to life than grades and making money. Do NOT make grades your number 1 priority! Make your number 1 priority understanding life. Now I'm not sure if I'm assuming too many things here, but if this applies, then heed my words. The Asian parent affect on ABC kids is really damaging, and I'm a victim.

Exactly right! Its all about the dark side, sex, drugs, and rock and roll :D

Milkman Dan
March 11, 2006, 7:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KazukiPeople brag and claim that they're better than you, yet where is their proof? In the empty bottle of vodka on a Friday night?

Hahahaha where did that come from...????

Outcast
March 11, 2006, 2:05 pm
I failed high school 2 times, meaning I lost 2 years. I should be senior but I'm far away from it. And yes drug dealing is a profitable bussiness if you do it right.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 6:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboyThe point is that you failed, while a-4-year-old, who's a complete and utter moron, took a similar course in middle school... and probably failed too.

a B is not failing.

It is fun to act dumb here, cause nobody really cares, but in class it is very importaint.

bja888
March 11, 2006, 7:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bja888These days, school only teaches you one thing... how to pass school.
Therefor, no school is not important. Go out and learn on your own. You will get much further.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 11:23 pm
driveing school is importaint.

disproved

Rambo_6
March 11, 2006, 11:29 pm
You had to bring up vodka, didn't you Kazuki? :D

Yes, my proof that i rock is hidden somewhere in a bottle of vodka. I hope nobody finds it.

thelag
March 13, 2006, 5:56 am
algebra in 1st grade ftw.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2006, 6:04 am
School is not only for academic learning (ie. maths, english, basics that you'll need your whole life), but also teaches you how to make friends, act in a group, follow orders and the like.
But, but BUT, aside from the basic learnings, you can learn all of the latter just by... living.
Pretty much, if you take one person and put them into a school for a year and take another person and shove them into an exotic and new place for a year, you'll discover that the person dropped off into the Caribbean will be much richer in life skills than their schooling counterpart.

But meh. My tutor had the great idea of shoving me into Maths B (maths C= hardcore maths, maths A= normal, simple maths) when only last year I only scraped through maths with a C-. The week after I get back and start sinking in maths, my tutor decided to quit and because I haven't done any maths A work at all, I can't change into maths A, so I'm pretty much in a stalemate for failing this term's maths.

frogboy
March 13, 2006, 6:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-olddriveing school is importaint.

Not really. You can learn to drive without a school. To get a license over here all you need is to pass a test.

Captain Ben
March 13, 2006, 10:00 am
And a practical driving test where you actually drive... I should know... My sister failed it twice.