( search forums )
flagrunner
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
March 10, 2006, 11:58 pm

Don't play realmode survival? no worries, not everyone does.

But unlike the usual slang that the majority of 'vanilla' players know of, theres a term you've yet to hear and is often heard in realmode survival.

"stupid flagrunner".

It's quite self-descriptive ....it defines a person who has the flag, and scores with it. It's seen as a 'bad' thing. Why?

Well I ask that same question. I scored a flag today, in realmode survival ctf.

twat: stupid flagrunner.
Chak: eh?
twat: you heard me.
Chak: it's [CENSORED]ing ctf mate ...ctf... capture the flag
twat: so? it's tradition (<-- he actually said that)
Chak: tradition? it's [CENSORED]ing tradition to capture the flag in ctf you arsebag
twat: it's just the way things are done
Chak: so why not play Team Deathmatch instead?
twat: because the flag is important
Chak: ok, so play HTF
twat: no. We like the CTF maps.
Chak: you can play CTF maps in TDM or HTF probably.
twat: look it's just the way things are done. We want to kill the last guy left.
Chak: what, and leave all the dead people hanging as you hunt down one last guy camping in a bush? [CENSORED] that you twat.

...behold, a new marvelous and unparalled level of retardism.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 12:32 am
Yup Chakra Happens to me all the time go in to a r/s all i get is NO CAPPING NOOB!!

im like...well it IS ctf and if u dont like it leave or host ur own server.

Psyl3ntShad0w
March 11, 2006, 12:53 am
um...some R/S matches allow double points (killing everyone and capping in the last few seconds before you die) but i'd say that most matches don't allow it.

but as for pubs...i don't understand why they don't want you to cap...afterall it is ctf...silly kids. i got kinda bored of r/s though because it's primarily ruger spray to win. which is pretty lame in my book...considering that ruger is 1 hit kill. we really need a specific weapon.ini for r/s and one for normal...so it isn't so lame...what i think would be better would actually be tweakable settings...the ability to turn on/off fall damage and health or nade crates etc...whoops...tangent.

Zero72
March 11, 2006, 1:23 am
People amaze me. You think you've seen everything, but the next one is still always dumber than the last. Especially in online games.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 1:34 am
Rofl, this made me laugh.

papasurf31
March 11, 2006, 2:23 am
It's just like playing CS. I've been in servers where they actually yell at you and eventually kick you for attempting to complete objectives:

"WTF r u doiung!?"
"C4"
"Go kill the other team. U R coward"
"..."
"Stop rescuing hostages!"
"...!"

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 3:17 am
yea, this happened in thadeous's server, he banned me :P
and now everytime i'm let back in, i teamkill him and piss on his corpse :P
its very annoying(the subject)

bond_james_bond
March 11, 2006, 3:34 am
Cap only if you are heavily outnumbered - even then it's hard to cap, the opposing team will probably capture your flag.

I like to capture my opponent's flag and just keep it with me - if necessary ,I will cap

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 4:55 am
It's capture the flag. Not capture the flag if I am going to die.

Koon
March 11, 2006, 5:21 am
Heh heh, he didn't know who he was talking to Chakra.

lithium
March 11, 2006, 5:37 am
Sounds like a bunghole. Personally, I find the r/s community to have a lot more pricks than the normal community.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 5:52 am
haha that made me laugh, almost like a bash quote

Zero72
March 11, 2006, 7:10 am
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondCap only if you are heavily outnumbered - even then it's hard to cap, the opposing team will probably capture your flag.

I like to capture my opponent's flag and just keep it with me - if necessary ,I will cap
...I, personally, prefer to play the freakin' game.

thekingkitty
March 11, 2006, 9:09 am
ah the golden phrase that is used in r/s "its a runner!" 90 percent of my time is r/s, and hearing this is common, because when the flag is scored the game is over. Well some people think that killing everyone instead is better than just running with the flag to score (some say flag running is not a skill at all). I personaly when in tight situations just go for the freaking flag and score.

Flying_Dutchman
March 11, 2006, 9:25 am
Yea, I'm hearing it more and more and it really annoys me. When RS was "new" nobody would complain when you capped, it was part of the game. I guess one time someone got fed up with it and said the capper was a cowardly runner, and then other people took it over. That way it spreads across the game, and now you can't even cap anymore without being called a noobie flagrunner...

Koon
March 11, 2006, 4:10 pm
If someone can manage to get a flag capture in RS than the other team wasn't doing a very good job defending their flag or getting the opponents. This means that any peole left alive are probably camping somewhere and get pissed off when they dont get a shot off at you.

Chakra`
March 11, 2006, 4:40 pm
Exactly what I said. If I can even get the bloody flag with just one life, and leg it back while theres still enemies out there, they ain't playing the game right.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 4:45 pm
What kind of dumb [CENSORED] is this? People really tick me off in games when they come up with retarded crap like this. Why shouldn't I capture the goddamn flag? It's [CENSORED]in' CTF for christ sake, not a DM server....

But then....nobody seems to hate the person who'll '79 boost with the flag to an unreachable place and hide there, for the whole match...

Gaaah! People's stupidity really irks me!

reckon
March 11, 2006, 5:45 pm
I guess the same could be said about the people who whine about blue camping in infiltration.

Koon
March 11, 2006, 6:29 pm
As for red team camping in infiltration, I personally think it's not very effective. For every red camping that's one less trying to get the flage and actually complete their objective.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 7:20 pm
i got banned once for capping :(

it was against the server's rules

vash763
March 11, 2006, 10:37 pm
I always wonder why myself.

If you manage to kill that guy, and cap fast enough you can get two points for your team in one round.

I also wish people played RS HTF, and that there were better maps for the RS players.

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 10:49 am
I belive that most CTF survivals turn out like Team deathmatches, nothing you can do about that Chak.

frogboy
March 12, 2006, 11:55 am
 Quote:Originally posted by reckonI guess the same could be said about the people who whine about blue camping in infiltration.
There's a slight difference between defending and sitting there with a Barret, shooting everyone who tries to enter.

thelag
March 12, 2006, 12:17 pm
It does unbalance the scores, since not every round ends in a cap in the new soldat (i liked it the old way). The people opposed to caps are the ones that are all about the stats

Dark_Noddy
March 12, 2006, 2:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
...behold, a new marvelous and unparalled level of retardism.

LMAO ! so true :D Soldat tends to bring out the best in ppl..

Keron Cyst
March 12, 2006, 4:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by papasurf31... I've been in servers where they actually... kick you for attempting to complete objectives:

"WTF r u doiung!?"
"C4"
"Go kill the other team. U R coward"
"..."
"Stop rescuing hostages!"
"...!"
Now that just made me laugh, heh. Another reason I like bots.

UNKNOWN
March 12, 2006, 4:08 pm
lol! this is pure jokes, and at the same time amazing

Raptor
March 12, 2006, 11:17 pm
just the way things are done, just the way things are done, just the way things are done... common excuse of n00bs...

I bet you if he has the flag, he wouldn't say anything... from bad to worse with n00bs these days -_-

Deleted User
March 13, 2006, 12:57 am
(Didn't read most of the posts so sorry if I repeat anyone.)The main point of this is that people want to play the full game; down to the last person, kind of like teammatch only on ctf mode. They also get mad because they think they are 'chicken' as well.

Chakra`
March 13, 2006, 2:57 am
Please explain to us the 'full game', and how capping isn't a part of it, and why they also don't just play teammatch instead.

vash763
March 13, 2006, 3:22 am
HTF RS>CTF RS

People just need to play.

thelag
March 13, 2006, 5:24 am
I can understand sometimes a player wants to show off so he finishes with kills although he could cap.. but when people are saying "noob, no capping", and vote kick "capper!", it is getting a little ridiculous..

Zero72
March 16, 2006, 9:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by reckonI guess the same could be said about the people who whine about blue camping in infiltration.
They drive me up the wall. You wouldn't believe this one yayhoot who would say something similar to "filthy campers" every time he died. I asked him exactly why he hated camping, and his response was "it's boring."

Dude, if you ain't into camping, INF is not for you.