( search forums )
Attn MM: Hardware compatability issues.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
GAMEOVER
March 11, 2006, 2:35 am
Some newer gaming mice work very buggy in Soldat. When you right click and let off the right click your Soldat will still jet sometimes until you click again then it will stop. It also happens with fire (left click) just not as much. I have just went through two new Logitech G5 mice and they both do the same thing. This doesnt just happen for me it also happens to Video who has the same exact mouse as well as happens to Jarvizzle and some others who have been trying to run the Razer Copperhead. They have been returning these mice thinking their defective when they're really not. Ive also contacted Logitech and they said its a problem within the game. Is there anyway you could troubleshoot and/or fix whatevers wrong in the next version? I been talkin with some people and heres a list of mouses that they are using and having this EXACT same issue.

Jarvizzle- Going on his 3rd Razer Copperhead thinking its a mouse defect.

Valuemeal- Razer Copperhead, same issues.

Video- Logitech G5, same issues.

Xenocide- Logitech G7, same issues.

GAMEOVER- 2nd Logitech G5, same issues.

Ill add to the list as I hear or find out more.

MM, I as well as some of these others ask that you please look into it as both manufacturers are saying its not the mouse but the actual game, thanks and try to keep us updated. BTW, this is not a driver issues on our end ive trouble shooted every possible scenario on my end.

edit* Zamorak ive played with the Razer Diamondback plasma for a year and yeah it does own. Im on my old Diamondback plasma now. Also it does not matter what you set your sensitivity to on the mouse Zam because your cursor will always move to the sensitivity you set it to in Soldat.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 4:56 am
razer diamondback pwns you, although I have to put it on %10 sensitivity..

Camping_Carl
March 11, 2006, 7:48 am
i own a microsoft mouse.

XenocidE
March 11, 2006, 8:12 am
I contacted GO about this because of his MSN name. I was curious on why he was so furious with Logitech's mice. Well, come to find out more people were having this same exact issue.

I know a couple other people that also own the G5 and G7 mice. They haven't had any issues what so ever. They don't play Soldat, nontheless, but under constant everyday usage they don't see any issues. That's why I went with this new mouse, but come to find out it's a game side issue. MM take a look at this and figure out some reason why these mice are buggy with your game.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 8:14 am
Diamondback pffft, get a fatal1ty... mine works fine and is better than all the G series

Morik
March 11, 2006, 8:15 am
yup, u can add me to the list too :P

of course i have a diamondback (gameover recommended it, so i bought it. I dont regret it)

Pero
March 11, 2006, 9:02 am
I got a mx518 which i wouldnt say tthat it sux and it works perfect

person
March 11, 2006, 2:06 pm
Yes, I have noticed this but I don't think it's got to do with the mouse itself at all. Sometimes when I'm just playing I automatically start running to the right or keep on switching guns, for example; which are obviously keyboard buttons (unchanged I may aswell add), as well as sometimes automatically jetting and shooting (mouse buttons).

Clicking the appropriate button a number of times tends to fix it up, so I think it's the same thing; and I noticed this when I got my Logitech MX1000 and installed the software for it.

It's pretty frustrating, and has cost me some caps and etc. by bugging up at the most inappropriate of times...

I haven't noticed it happen in any other game or program I play, so I'd be guessing that GO is right, and has something to do within Soldat itself.

What I have noticed with this mouse bug though, is that my computer tands to "jolt" or "stutter" for a brief moment when it happens. Sometimes it will jolt or stutter and nothing will happen (not bug up), though...
And you don't even have to be using that mouse, or even have it connected to the pc for it to happen, either.

It'd be great to get another version, if just to fix the bugs that plague the current version while we all wait for MM to complete his new project.
Some are quite serious for a non-beta release, especially the team-change bug. If no one has noticed, it is when you make the teams even that it bugs, so trying to go spec if you are on the team of 4 in a 4vs3, it will bug, for example. Or trying to join the other team if the teams are, say 7vs5 (and you're on the team of 7).

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 6:20 pm
Microsoft Lasermouse ftw

GAMEOVER
March 11, 2006, 6:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeDiamondback pffft, get a fatal1ty... mine works fine and is better than all the G series

Enesce you out of all people im shocked at by suggesting such a pos mouse. All your paying for is some nerd gamers name. I was gonna get his Abit motherboard til I found out its nothing special. All you paid for was his name. Razer and Logitech and well known mouse makers. All Razer makes is mice and matts for em. Logitech has the $$$$$$ for R&D. Fatal1ty some nerd gamer. I dont know about you but my names gameover, meh.

Morik, your having issues like posted above with your diamondback?
All others who want to be added to the list just say your name, brand of mouse, and problems (problem all the same).

bja888
March 11, 2006, 7:24 pm
I'm thinking about investing in a trackball.
1) Any soldat issues?
2) Any general gaming cons?
3) Centred ball or off to the left?

Michal Marcinkowski
March 11, 2006, 10:23 pm
I use A4Tech mice all my life, my palm has grown in the shape of it.
Soldat uses DirectInput (from DirectX 7 or 8.1) for mouse handling. It might be a problem of Microsoft, check some old games that use the same version of DirectX as Soldat if you got the problem with the mouse.
It also might be that Soldat goes out of focus when you click your mouse. Try turning off all those fancy programs that came with your Logitech mouse in the background.

Deleted User
March 11, 2006, 10:59 pm
I changed my sensitivity ingame to %10 :P

Morik
March 11, 2006, 11:12 pm
how can u stand such a low sensitivity zam, i have a diamondback and i put mine to 37.

GAMEOVER
March 12, 2006, 2:55 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiI use A4Tech mice all my life, my palm has grown in the shape of it.
Soldat uses DirectInput (from DirectX 7 or 8.1) for mouse handling. It might be a problem of Microsoft, check some old games that use the same version of DirectX as Soldat if you got the problem with the mouse.

Is there anyway we could update DirectX maybe for the game?

Quote:It also might be that Soldat goes out of focus when you click your mouse. Try turning off all those fancy programs that came with your Logitech mouse in the background.

Ive tried all that already, ive even completely uninstalled the software and tried still the problem exists. There has to be something either we can do on our end or you can do in the next version that will fix this. Please keep us updated.

Michal Marcinkowski
March 14, 2006, 5:02 pm
What if you install generic 2-button mouse drivers?
I don't know if changing DirectX will help, did you check if older games work correctly?

GAMEOVER
March 14, 2006, 5:42 pm
Well im using my older Razer Diamondback now and its workin fine but whenever I go to hook up my new mouse its messes up again. I dont play any other games because im on onboard video so I cant test them due to graphics processing issues.

Pathos
March 15, 2006, 11:38 am
I don't think this would have anything to do with soldat ...

XenocidE
March 15, 2006, 7:17 pm
The only thing I thought about is when playing Soldat Full Screen. I haven't tried Soldat windowed with my G7 yet and see if it still sticks. That is the only thing I could think of, is that when Soldat changes your Screen Resolution to 800x600, it messes with how the drivers work. But hell, I don't really know.

EDIT: Nope, it happens in windowed game play also.

GAMEOVER
March 16, 2006, 8:00 am
MM, can you update directx in the next version and every version that its updated by any chance?

I think if the games directx got updated in every version as its updated in real time then the problems would disappear, maybe?

sja
April 1, 2006, 6:05 pm
Same issues here: Logitech G5.

Felix
April 1, 2006, 9:50 pm
I have a crappy one, it happens sometimes but not that often

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 2, 2006, 12:54 pm
my logitech mous works fine...dunno what it is though lol
lets see what it says on the bottom
 Quote: Made in China
Oh! what a surprise