( search forums )
Server not working with port forwarding enabled
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Mr.Feet
March 11, 2003, 1:06 am
I've spent all day fiddling with my Network (DSL split through a Linksys BEFW11SR4 router) and nothing works. I set the static IP's, configured the port forwarding for 27073 and 27083, made sure DHCP was disabled, have UDP as protocol for ports, tried the ports with port triggering, even disabled 'Block WAN requests' to see if that would work. I've disabled my firewall and no dice. Last thing to try is talking with the Linksys tech support, and see if they can help, but I came here first in case anyone can help me through this. Any advice or suggestions?

DNA.styx
March 11, 2003, 8:38 am
make sure you forward TCP/IP as well as UDP.

sanity
March 11, 2003, 10:36 am
so soldat does use tcp as well as udp... i had the same problem as mr feet but everyone told me that soldat only used udp.

DNA.styx
March 11, 2003, 12:52 pm
the game uses UDP...but the internet (and your network) uses TCP/IP to 'work' so you have to enable both.

Mr.Feet
March 11, 2003, 11:54 pm
Ok, I tried forwarding TCP and UDP, and then just TCP, and still no dice [:-weepn]. I reformatted an older win98 computer, updated and reset all the settings, and tried there, and no luck there either. I'm all ears if you guys have anything else for me to try.

Mr.Feet
March 12, 2003, 12:51 am
quote:configured the port forwarding for 27073 and 27083
Anyone else see what's wrong with this? After spending 15+ hours fiddling with my network/computers/router/etc, I realize that 27073 != 23073. The worst part.....changed the ports, and I still get nothing. [:-weepn] This madness never ends.

Mr.Feet
March 12, 2003, 1:02 am
The madness is over. By some blind stroke of luck I stumbled upon my problem, fixed it, and now have a working server [:D]. Just so ya know, I do not have TCP turned on in port forwarding anymore, and the server still works. Thanks for all the help and look for the Stinky Feet! server.

toadsMoke
March 12, 2003, 4:13 am
What is this blind luck? what did you do?

Mr.Feet
March 12, 2003, 9:25 pm
My blind luck involved my mother pointing out that the IP's were different for the two port forwarding entries I had made, since I kept changing them in order to try different computers, and apparently missed one. 23073 was set to one computer, and 23083 to another. Once I set the IP's to the same thing, the server worked like a charm. I feel so stupid right now [:(].

toadsMoke
March 13, 2003, 2:48 am
lol! you're mom fixed it, that's great. this is a lesson for everyone, when you are having a computer problem that you've been working on for hours, just ask your mother. you under-estimate her abilities.

[:D]

Xiao
August 17, 2003, 8:36 am
[:-censored]! im making a sex change!

Texas Ranger
August 23, 2003, 9:49 pm
I have the same prolem i opended ports on soldat setup 23083 but still no one can join my game, even the computer next to me..... I think it is my Firewall... I have a Rouder Firewall Netgear.. Anyone know how to make the ports open up so people can join my game?

--edit by toadsMoke (do not double post) [what? do you have a split personality?
quote:YES! i have that to, okay u might need to call netgear. I have the same router :) lol mine works, first open ur ports 23073 and 23083 then go to ur setting or rules one of those, it should say like incoming and outgoing you need to let the rules agree with your ports. Like i said call Netgear they have a site were u can get there number.
--text from triple post (this is your last warning]:
quote:lol ya its my evil twin :p haha naw that was an old post i think

toadsMoke
December 8, 2003, 2:54 pm
(unstickied)