( search forums )
A question to pose
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
.Twelve
March 11, 2006, 5:44 pm
Does a modded Soldat change the way you play?
Do having different weaponskins make you better with a weapon? How about gosteks even.
Do you play better with some mods as opposed to other mods?

Flying_Dutchman
March 11, 2006, 5:55 pm
Nope, they're just there to look cool.. or not. Although some skins influence my play someway, but that's just me.

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 8:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Flying_DutchmanNope, they're just there to look cool.. or not. Although some skins influence my play someway, but that's just me.

no, the gostec could be like an orange thing that shows campers, or a bullseye.

they usually are for looking cool but there is some way i guess to get a competitive edge

Camping_Carl
March 11, 2006, 8:58 pm
When i made the mod it changed my whole setting of gameplay... I could actually see.. wonderful colors..

god him self couldnt compair.

Flying_Dutchman
March 11, 2006, 9:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old Quote:Originally posted by Flying_DutchmanNope, they're just there to look cool.. or not. Although some skins influence my play someway, but that's just me.

no, the gostec could be like an orange thing that shows campers, or a bullseye.

they usually are for looking cool but there is some way i guess to get a competitive edge

Ah, never looked at it that way. Maybe I should download some bright gostek.

Cookie.
March 11, 2006, 9:22 pm
All about the LOL mod weapon gfxs, it makes distinguishing all the weapons easy and much easier to see grenades :P

a-4-year-old
March 11, 2006, 11:14 pm
a good mod makes grinades giant orange balloons. and the cursor could be useful, like line of sight and some cursor that shows a bullseye or something

i bookmarked this topic so i have proof that I contributed to the community :P

Echo_Trail
March 11, 2006, 11:59 pm
I actually think even the simplest changes to the weapon gfx can change your hole gameplay. even the sounds can do that. If a cool interface combined with some heavy sounds, it kinda gives you that last boost, you know..

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 12:23 am
i have my gat as an m-60(with sound), minimi as a bren lmg, barret as a dragunov(sounds), and alot of other stuff, it owns

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 12:42 am
As I made my Barret look and sound like a musket, I've actually found that I take aiming a tiny bit more seriously even though I know its the same weapon its always been and I actually play better with it. It even has the sound of the gunpowder and stick being stuffed down the barrel. :D

mar77a
March 12, 2006, 1:27 am
I put pink floyd tunes for all weapons sfx to recognise them wihtou seeing them. hehe, and i have my ak bullets colored in yellow to see them in every map.

rabidhamster
March 12, 2006, 1:37 am
i'm thinking of making a mod that yells the name of the weapon whenever it's reloaded.

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 1:51 am
lol, i would so get that

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 2:04 am
I had been thinking of the barret saying "omigodImAnoob" when its fired.

and yes, mods affect my choise of weapons. first I had a mod where the deagles looked and sounded cool, now they are crap in both ways. then I noticed how cool the MP5 had become and now it is my primary... if a weapon make a *blurp* sound rather than a real gun sound, it just feels so weak.

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 6:47 am
im better with my saw when its modded with blood on it.

Deleted User
March 12, 2006, 10:46 am
Generally, graphic Mods are to suit the new properties, however, I'm being led to belive that if you have weapons.ini modified, you lag more. ^Yes, I belive we all prefer it.

zyxstand
March 12, 2006, 1:27 pm
yeah, i've seen mods where they extent the length of barret - like make it insanely long - so that it's ez to know where it's coming from and kill campers easier...
i don't like the way anyone can create his/her own battlefield. that just makes the game unfair. but then again i don't like that people won't be able to play in a cool, modded environment.
Imagine you're in a clan war and all your enemies use super extended weapon mods and gunfire sounds that make it insanely ez to identify which gun is used... it would just completely ruin the game.
The only good solution to that that I can think of is to let Michal make everything and 'official' mod so that people would have to register a mod online (somewhere on the soldat site?) and it would get tested out by modders for not being in any way conspicuously unfair. Then and only then would the world be perfect (that and getting rid of any lag)!

Deleted User
March 13, 2006, 8:43 pm
I can just see somebody for their m79 soundeffect:
Click, BANG, Now Reload.

Deleted User
March 13, 2006, 9:06 pm
Eh, the first day i got my Special Operations Mod up, it enhanced the way I use some weapons.

The spaz was so much easier, and the ruger was easy too. I felt like I was a pro..
but then I lost it lol.

But yeah It does change it for a short while.

Deleted User
March 13, 2006, 11:24 pm
sounds like legit hacks

GAMEOVER
March 14, 2006, 5:12 am
dont sound like hacks period

GNU
March 14, 2006, 5:19 am
If the game is edited visually to procure an advantage over other players, it sounds exactly like 'hacks' to me. If the weapon's image is extended so a player can see enemies coming from over the screen in a 2d scrolling game, is much like wall hacks and such for games like Counter Strike.

As I understand many versions ago this was prevented somehow in a fix? unsure, but there is undoubtedly still ways around it.

Also GAMEOVER you're undoubtedly a tool.

- Tek -
March 14, 2006, 6:29 am
lol im a leet hacker then.

And the max for weapons is 25x25 if you go online, so a big pink square that big would be good enough to see.

its not really cheating, more like bending the rules.(lawl the matrix)

and on most default maps, you can see the campers anyways if you look hard enough. And with a good monitor you can clearing see a pred with full health. If I have a brighter monitor, does that make me a hacker?

GNU
March 14, 2006, 9:15 am
Nope doesn't make you a hacker.

But I've noticed there is one completely normal way of spotting campers and what not... it's called 'Have Skill' works every time.