( search forums )
Flashing Colors?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Bolt Storm
March 12, 2006, 10:24 pm
Mkay. I downloaded Soldat, and whenever I try to play, all is well until I get to the game. Then the screen flashes green and purple very fast and it's practically impossible to do anything. I can still see Soldat, but the purple/green flashes over it. Any help?

EDIT: I find toggling 'Force Software' fixes it, but also makes the game lag horribly.

FliesLikeABrick
March 15, 2006, 12:09 pm
I'm not sure why you have the problem in the first place, but the reason that "force software" makes the game lag is because it causes your computer to do all of the work generating the video information in the CPU, rather than using your graphics card to do it.

bja888
March 15, 2006, 1:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickI'm not sure why you have the problem in the first place, but the reason that "force software" makes the game lag is because it causes your computer to do all of the work generating the video information in the CPU, rather than using your graphics card to do it.

In case you didn't get it form flab's post...
The problem is most likely with your video card. Make sure you have the newest version of directX and your video card drivers.

Rezan
March 15, 2006, 1:35 pm
I think you should turn down your refreshment rate.. Otherwise you probably have a filter which really hates you, so go to Setup and switch to a less demanding one..