( search forums )
Some maps that haven't reached the forum
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
celo
March 13, 2006, 11:44 pm
http://mnpp.net/features_soldat.asp

Wow. Look at time and siege. Amazing scenery work. I wonder why the creator hasn't come to the forums...look at all this talent we've been missing out on.

Eagles_Arrows
March 13, 2006, 11:58 pm
Indeed they look great, but I'm afraid that some of the maps indicate that the author is too lazy to actually work with polys (coloring, shading, etc.)...

*steals his scenery*

Soulsnipa
March 14, 2006, 12:09 am
hes good with scenery...needs polygon work but i bet hes using mapmaker normal version.

papasurf31
March 14, 2006, 12:29 am
Damn, gotta say that's pretty damn amazing. Must lag like hell, but still looks hella nice.

g-force9
March 14, 2006, 1:59 am
I AM MESMERIZED! Those maps are incredible (short of the polys).
*downloads*

- Tek -
March 14, 2006, 2:59 am
I should rip backgrounds from mortal kombat and other snes games and use those

- Tek -
March 14, 2006, 3:00 am
I've no idea why that posted twice.

(lower poster cant read)

Eagles_Arrows
March 14, 2006, 11:41 am
Please refrain from double-posting, dude. Thanks :)

headstone
March 14, 2006, 12:56 pm
what? It was obviously an accident... can you read?

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 1:58 pm
Wow, i only saw the ss, not much of gameplay to be seen from there, but there is eyecandy, i wonder if they were ripped or made from scratch.

GluLm
March 14, 2006, 6:29 pm
 Quote:I wonder why the creator hasn't come to the forums
The creator intentionally didn't release these maps on Soldat Forums because he doesn't like nor bear most of the idiots around here (you know the "young players with too much time on their hands" or something).

He was ditched out of the ESL contest, which he considered very "amateur" (I agree with him).
He just updated his webpage once, back in september 2005 (as I actually reminded him to) so that all of his past project can be downloaded there. I'm very thanksfull for that.
Now he's probably lacking of interest as he's been lacking of enthusiastic feedbacks...

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 7:00 pm
wow.. those maps rock. i'm trying everyone:D

Augustus
March 14, 2006, 7:02 pm
I think a literacy/reading comprehension test should be mandatory for joining the forums. It's a shame that the scum of the community causes talented people to leave...

DeMonIc
March 14, 2006, 7:03 pm
These indeed look awesome. Maybe you can seduce him to come back and use polyworks with smaller sceneries? I'll check these maps out when I have more time, they seem promising. Might MapMine 'em ;)

OutofOrder
March 14, 2006, 8:36 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AugustusI think a literacy/reading comprehension test should be mandatory for joining the forums.
That must be the most interesting idea i've seen on internet for quite a while. Too bad it would restrict some illiterate but still nice people from entering xP

And yeah, anyone with mad drawing skills and some layout-building sense can come up with a really nice map. I like those maps, they remind me of the Worms games kind of maps ("time" looks VERY wormish).

Soulsnipa
March 14, 2006, 9:09 pm
It would be nice to see him on the forums....

Dark_Noddy
March 14, 2006, 9:31 pm
I had a "iq test prior to internet access" campain some time ago >_< results wern't all that good tho :/

Theese maps are very nice :) havent tested the gameplay tho, but theire just eye candy !