( search forums )
lobby problems
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
esko
March 14, 2006, 11:45 am
is there something wrong with the lobby server?
My server doesnt show up there, and if i tick 'reload settings and 'register in lobby' enough, it sometimes actually does show in the lobby -but only for a moment or two.

I've run server earlier without such problems, but now i just cant seem to make it appear. is this a lobby-issue? and if yes, are there people working on it?

.ee.

Mikeman
March 14, 2006, 2:33 pm
w00t, I have this same problem, it came yesterday.. I though problem was with my router or something, but it seems to be with u too :O

mike323
March 15, 2006, 12:08 am
To get your server to show up, theres a lot of things you have to check.

1. Is my server version the same as my game's?
2. Have I set the "Register in lobby" value to 1?
3. Are my filters off?
etc

esko
March 15, 2006, 6:16 am
to answer your list in one:
yes, of course.

Im not that noob with soldat servers. Like said, I've run server months without problems and this is most likely not problem in my end. any real suggestions to fix this problem?

esko
March 15, 2006, 9:30 am
anyone? MM? coders? assistants?
The way I see it, this is a highly severe error and I've no idea what to do with it. Like lobby server isnt updated at all when pressing 'request servers'.
Somehow I dont think that for the last 13hrs there's been constant number of 9 players in IO RS server, or that DS RS Playground has been down the last few days (especially when you can connect there with IP and port)..

Hercule Poirot
March 15, 2006, 9:46 am
There might be something wrong becouse i see all these DM servers even i have select that it shows only CTF maps.

http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/

esko
March 15, 2006, 11:06 am
yes, that page shows everything fine and in order. it's the 'join game' tab in Soldat that shows things all wrong. When I lauch soldat and press 'request servers' for the first time, it (sometimes)shows everything OK, but second tick onwards it shows some old server info. Like it loads the servers info from a cache that is not updated.. or something.

That cant be how it should function. Anyone with insight to comment on this?

FliesLikeABrick
March 15, 2006, 11:56 am
do /lobby in your server whenever it seems to lose sync with the lobby servers. this will force it to re-register with all of the lobby servers and will fix the problem most of the time

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 11:59 am
LOL silly, you need to open port 13073 inbound/output & TCP/UDP on your firewall. I had exact same problem, solved it instantly by opening port 13073 on APF.

KeYDoN
March 15, 2006, 12:05 pm
i noticed that i cannot add my server to any lobbyserver if the first one in the lobbyservers.txt is offline!
It seems to crash when it doesnt get a valid connection.
After i restarted the selfkill-lobby it added my server to all lobbies without problems.

So MM fix that ;)

FliesLikeABrick
March 15, 2006, 12:10 pm
Enesce, that is not true. I've seen you post that in other threads and posted to say that that is incorrect. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 12:25 pm
Im not spreading misinformation you retard, that is exactly how I fixed my aus servers when they wouldnt appear in the bloody lobby...

esko
March 15, 2006, 12:43 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeLOL silly, you need to open port 13073 inbound/output & TCP/UDP on your firewall. I had exact same problem, solved it instantly by opening port 13073 on APF.

Guess what? I've had the ports open since Oct 2005. I adjusted the port range in Jan2006 people had so much fun hacking servers. You're saying it takes couple of months for that to take effect?

More guesses are welcome

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 12:45 pm
Thanks for sharing that info at an earlier time.

esko
March 15, 2006, 12:51 pm
 Quote:Thanks for sharing that info at an earlier time.
how about reading from the start of thread?

Quote:Originally posted by eskoLike said, I've run server months without problems and this is most likely not problem in my end.

However, FliesLikeAbrick posted this in another part of forum:

Quote:There are many known bugs with the way in which the current lobby server works. Many servers lose sync with the lobby server, causing the information to stay the same, and eventually causing the servers to disappear from the lobby. Some time in the near future, MM will be re-coding everything that has to do with the lobby and all of these problems should disappear

So basically this is problem with Soldat itself, not just my server

Arklenao2
March 21, 2006, 5:49 am
/kick EnEsCe
I know, my server wont show on the lobby for nothin but 2 minutes IO has got a [CENSORED]in monopoly all over r/s FKN monopolied all over your moms face

FliesLikeABrick
March 21, 2006, 5:36 pm
Enesce, when you first started posting that I specifically asked MM if that would have any effect, because I didn't think so. Think about it from a logical standpoint, your server is not accepting connections from the lobby server at any point, it is connecting to the lobby, updating information, then disconnecting. None of that requires an incoming connection on 13073

Arklenao2
March 22, 2006, 4:20 am
god knows enesces gonna h4xx up all the servers with 13073 open :)
+ why the hell would 13073 even need open in the first place?
++ how did you come about -KNOWING- that 13073 needed open?