( search forums )
Comment my new webdesign
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
DePhille
March 14, 2006, 2:24 pm
Hi,

I'm currently working on a new version of SoldatPage. The goal is to make more room for tables so I can organize the maps and mod downloads better. I'm alwo aiming to add new functions such as scenery hosting , mappacks , mod resources and so on. There'll also be new clan functions , but I'm going to keep those for myself atm ;)

Anyway, I'm creating the webdesign for it atm. The coding will follow later once I finish my other projects (So don't worry Ok and Bricks ;) ).

Some explanations:
-The "Poll" and "Shout" buttons will expand the shoutbox or poll when clicked , this way I don't need the right side-bar anymore.
-You can expand and collapse menus on the left side , this will come in handy once I create more sections.
-The left-top button will redirect you to the homepage
-The right top buttons (from left to right): Bookmark SoldatPage , Help , Contact.

Enough baffling , click HERE for the webdesign.

-> Please comment it , is it better than the current look? Do you find it organized ? Is it too boring? How do you like the colors (I'm really bad at colors hehe) ? Any other tips? ...

Grtz , DePhille

_Mancer_
March 14, 2006, 3:30 pm
Much worse than the current. Much much worse. I can't say much right now... when I get back I can say more.

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 3:44 pm
I think it would look better without all those little black dots. just my opinion.

vash763
March 14, 2006, 6:53 pm
Meh, I don't like all thechanges in the font.

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 7:17 pm
i like the old one.. better... overview?

Soulsnipa
March 14, 2006, 7:30 pm
old one

DePhille
March 14, 2006, 8:03 pm
Mkay , I'll be changing the old one then.

Echo_Trail
March 14, 2006, 8:07 pm
The current one is just awsome. I don't really know if it's the old one or the "new", but it really rocks. There's a good balance, and we all know for a fact that it's nice for the eye to read red on black.
Should i make a bad comment, it would be that it looks a little... unoriginal?

DePhille
March 14, 2006, 8:45 pm
Yea it's quite unoriginal , it looks alot like selfkill :/. I tried to avoid that by using the metallish-styles for the surroundings but red=red , you cannot have another red without actually making the page look 'fresh'. Blue for example can have much more changes , but it doesn't really fit with the metallic look then...

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 6:33 am
The current one is much better..

It's pointless to make a new one unless your going to alter the style vastly.