( search forums )
Map rotation question
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Starkweather
March 14, 2006, 7:54 pm
Okay, I'm running a Zombie HTF server that's becoming quite popular and some of the regulars asked me if I could add some DM maps to the HTF rotation, but I can't figure out how to do it.

So what I'm after is a way to add the DM maps without changing game modes, because I don't want deathmatch mode, I want the DM maps in HTF mode.
So I add the DM maps, along with the HTF maps, to the mapslist.txt file, but they dont show up when I start the server - only the HTF maps show up. The only way I can get DM maps in the HTF game is to physically type "/map blah" when the server has started. So is there a way to add DM maps to the rotation without changing game modes?

Mothafix
March 14, 2006, 7:57 pm
Add DM maps in soldat. (not in any file)
Start game.
Change gamemode to HTF /gamemode 1-7 (don't remember which one is HTF)

Starkweather
March 14, 2006, 8:01 pm
Okay, so I add HTF maps and DM maps to the maplist file. I start soldat and only the HTF maps are present. I open the mapslist file and the DM maps have been automatically removed. If I just add DM maps to the mapslist and start Soldat, than click HTF, the DM maps are removed from the Maps list. I could start a DM game with only DM maps and then switch to HTF mode by using /gamemode, but then I can't add HTF maps.

I tried to be sneaky and make the mapslist file read only, so Soldat couldnt change my rotation, but when I go to start the server I get a "Cannot create file C:\~games\Soldat\mapslist.txt". Damn.

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 10:54 pm
DM maps dont have the the HTF flag embedded in them so the server cant use them when in the HTF game mode.

Deleted User
March 14, 2006, 11:01 pm
One thing you could do is make copies of the DM maps you want to use and then edit those copies so that they are usable for HTF. By that I mean editing the name (Arena becomes Htf_Arena) and opening up mapmaker and placing a yellow flag spawn if it doesn't already have one.

SERIAL KILLeR
March 14, 2006, 11:17 pm
DM maps DO have HTF flag embedded cause it uses the same spawn as the pointmatch flag so no need to edit the maps.

You can make an other maplist (ex htfmaplist.txt) and use the command "/LOADLIST htfmaplist" to load that maplist.

Or download the dedicated server and run that with the maps in maplist.txt and gamemode 6.

Starkweather
March 17, 2006, 2:47 am
/LOADLIST customlist works, thanks Serial Killer.

KeFear
March 17, 2006, 7:36 am
I recommend downloading the dedicated server. you can use ANY maplist with that on load, so you don't need to run /loadlist to make it work. Just put every map you wish in mapslist.txt and start soldatserver.exe (on a windows machine).