( search forums )
1.1b
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
GAMEOVER
March 15, 2006, 5:28 am
Socom- I do not understand why you keep insisting on weakening this weapon. Compared to the other secondarys its still the weakest imo. Dont touch the socom at all unless you want to see everyone running around with knives again and we all know how over used the knife was before. LEAVE IT ALONE period

Deagles- are fine DO NOTtouch them why does everyone think the answer to everything is to weaken it. This is rediculous you already have to aim 3 almost perfect shots to kill them and no ones more then 90% accurate with them. LEAVE ITS POWER ALONE

HK MP5-AGAIN LEAVE IT ALONE

AK 74- LEAVE ITS POWER ALONE

AUG- LEAVE ITS POWER ALONEits needs a VERY LITTLE less bink in its current 1.3.1 form not much at all though.

SPAS-LEAVE ITS POWER ALONEwhy add bink to a gun thats already hard to use? Lets get real this is just garbage. It have to be 1 of if not the most underused primary minigun aside.

RUGER- 2 points thats cute butLEAVE ITS POWER ALONEDO NOT touch its fire interval at all this weapon is already extremely sluggish. If it gets made any slower this weapons done for, mark my words.

M79- I disagree with the startup time maybe if you have it 1 4th of the laws with a DEFFINATE longer reload.

BARRET- NO WAY keep the start up time and add movement accuracy to it just a bit.

Minimi- Dont like it at all its perfect in 1.3.1

Minigun- Still a useless primary how about we make a real useable version of it? Why must this gun be so useless? Its almost as if its just in this game for decoration MAKE IT USEFUL.

Knife- Keep its speed the same its already almost too slow as you hardly have enough time to let off a fully charged knife. The little added power should stay though because so many times you have almost a fully charged knife hit to where they're still running around alive.

Law- Shorter start up time.

All in all I say this is the worst test version so far. More to come as I mess with it more.

livingdalife
March 15, 2006, 3:02 pm
I say, stop complaining. Most of the ppl who complain about weapons balance and overpowered weapons are just noobs who get owned as soon as they walk into a server

LazehBoi
March 15, 2006, 3:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by livingdalifeI say, stop complaining. Most of the ppl who complain about weapons balance and overpowered weapons are just noobs who get owned as soon as they walk into a server

He's not complaining... He's expressing his opinion. "leave it alone" is as valid as "change it".

lithium
March 15, 2006, 7:35 pm
Ugh, I completely agree with pretty much everything you said GO. The guns are being ridiculously watered down...please stop messing with the power. Ruger feels crappy. It was slow before but now it's really awkward. Barret is okey I think, although it's pretty much the same with charge-up once you adjust to it. LAW needs a tad shorter reload. Minigun still sucks, although not as much as before.

DeMonIc
March 15, 2006, 7:54 pm
Did I touch power? Or are we, by chance, playing an entirely different weapon mod? -_-

Deleted User
March 15, 2006, 9:54 pm
Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. Exept for the m79, since people will obviously get bored with slower reload and run to the barret. =D
Anyhow, yeh.. good thinking GO.

GAMEOVER
March 15, 2006, 9:54 pm
I coulda swore the file I downloaded everything had power reductions

lithium
March 16, 2006, 12:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcDid I touch power? Or are we, by chance, playing an entirely different weapon mod? -_-

:x

Looking through my numerous weapons files, I see that I seem to have copy-pasted one of my own balances I was toying with a long time ago into the file I was using for the official test weapons. :E

mike323
March 16, 2006, 2:38 am
My one request: HAVE NO WEAPON WHICH KILLS INSTANTLY EASILY. erm barret m79 law

DeMonIc
March 16, 2006, 1:28 pm
You all own. I'll just lock this then, and you make a new, usefull topic. And I'm soo spanking the guy who approved this.